Team-BHP - A Guide: Eating out in Bangalore
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Shifting gears (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifting-gears/)
-   -   A Guide: Eating out in Bangalore (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifting-gears/3474-guide-eating-out-bangalore-122.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vid6639 (Post 2550150)
Yeah but man is the place expensive!!

True dat.
But two words to ease the pain a bit: Happy Hours.

Not sure if anyone has posted about these earlier. Had visited these two restaurants in the last month-

Gud Dhani (Veg)- 29th Main BTM II Stg, Blr
Rajasthani/ Marwari food in a rustic ambience. Good food at a reasonable price. There are many regulars who come for a quick bite back home and hence you may find waiting for a exclusive table. You have combos that can satisfy various needs and hunger levels

4 seasons (not the famous Four seasons group) - 100ft Rd, Beside KFC, Indiranagar, Blr
Multicusine restaruant - Middle east, continental and North Indian
Being a chain from Hyd went there on recommendation from a Andhra friend for their biryanis. Found them to be good. The rest of the food was ok albeit a little on the higher side

Quote:

Originally Posted by girishglg (Post 2550878)
Gud Dhani (Veg)- 29th Main BTM II Stg, Blr
Rajasthani/ Marwari food in a rustic ambience. Good food at a reasonable price. There are many regulars who come for a quick bite back home and hence you may find waiting for a exclusive table. You have combos that can satisfy various needs and hunger levels

Never tried Rajastani food, where exactly on 29th main road?

My house is on 5th cross!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Latheesh (Post 2550901)
Never tried Rajastani food, where exactly on 29th main road?

My house is on 5th cross!

If you travel from Silk board side, cross the BTM Bus stand and take a left at the signal opposite AXA and this is the 29th main which is parallel to the lake road. This road leads to Bannerghatta road. There is a natural right turn near the lake. Once you take the right, it is on the first cross on the right side (other side of the road). Hope this helps.

Awesome Burgers, Steaks and Thai food @ FAME, anybody around from Kamanahalli Area would definitely know about this joint!

Typically I enjoy going there on a Saturday post 11am (mostly coz I never feel I get enough sleep ;-) and order for their Cheese & Bacon burger with beef patty and add an extra fried egg followed by their awesome fruit punch. This is just for starters!

Then comes the Trident Steak - man I'm just salivating as I'm writing this stuff. This is one of their best steak dishes, it has about three pieces of beef steak accompanied with barbeque sauce, french fries and either mash potato or basmati rice. While I order this, my wife orders the usual fish and chips for my son and a Red Thai Chicken Curry with Steamed Bamboo Rice. By the time we are done gobbling up the entire meal it would be just a little over 1pm and then its time to head back home with a quick stop over for Ice Cream at The Corner House and then movie time.

People not aware of this place its just off Kamanahalli main road behind Satya hospital. If you are coming from ORR and onto Kamanahalli main road heading towards Indian Oil Mill Road then you would fine Satya Hospital on the right side, immediately after that there is a Medical Store in the corner that where you take a right and spot on you will find this restaurant on your right hand side which is the third building.

Had been to 24 @ 43 in Crowne Plaza, Electronics City; and was very disappointed.

The food lacked flavor, missed variety, never matched the menu and had very little choice for meat lovers. I usually start with the breads and found them very crumbly. Only a handful of sweets from the dessert section was good, but the handful of tarts I tasted had a raw base!

The feedback card that I asked never turned-up at my table.

Definitely not recommended.

Around a month ago, had been to Cafe Pascucci in Jayanagar 4th block. Got to see the fire wood-oven & tasted the hand-made, wood-fired pizza. Nice place.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rocky_Balboa (Post 2550976)
Had been to 24 @ 43 in Crowne Plaza, Electronics City; and was very disappointed.

Definitely not recommended.

You said it my friend, this is one crappy place definitely not worth the money they charge and the best part is no matter how much we decide we finally land up coz our boss's EA organizes the quarterly skip luncheon meetings right here! :Frustrati somehow I managed to skip the last one :)

For guys working out of Electronic city a good lunching/ treat option is at E Inn near Bommasandara industrial estate. Have a good spread buffet costing Rs.275 (last visit prices) and they do ala carte as well. Only point to note it is fully herbivorous (veg only)

Post edited by the Team-Bhp Support: Team-BHP maintains a strong stand against drinking and driving and any mention of alcohol. Hence posts containing ANY alcohol content (in text or pictures, directly or indirectly) are not allowed.

Not sure how many of you would like to eat at a Dhabha, I definitely love to!

For folks who work at Electronic City there is RK Dhabha located on Hosur Main Road about 6-8 kms after the exit of E-City Phase 2 Elevated Toll Road towards Hosur.

One of the specialities and my most favourite dish there - Kaadai Kabab its a bird and is legally permitted. clap: Then there is the regular north indian, south indian and chinese dishes which most of us are aware off. However don't miss to try the Rotis with Egg Masala and then the Special Egg Spicy Fried Rice, believe me you will not be disappointed and will want more!

Quote:

Originally Posted by si1ver0ne (Post 2552635)
Post edited by the Team-Bhp Support: Team-BHP maintains a strong stand against drinking and driving and any mention of alcohol. Hence posts containing ANY alcohol content (in text or pictures, directly or indirectly) are not allowed.

Regret the use of that statement in my post :Frustrati , will definitely refrain and go through the Forum Rules once again.

Hello everyone at Bangalore,

I will be in town during the weekend for Metallica with family.

I will be staying in Koramangala area near LifeStyle/Spar.

I need pointers for :

1) Reasonably priced Continental/Italian food restaurant close to place of stay for a lunch or dinner.

2) Reasonably priced North Indian food restaurant close to place of stay for a dinner or lunch.

3) Suggestions for my third meal while there at any reasonably priced restaurant serving a cuisine as suggested by you as long as it is close to place of stay and suitable for lunch and dinner.

Thanks in advance.

PS : Normally, I always eat at least one meal at Koshy's (and boy, do I enjoy and relish it) but this time I intend to stick to Koramangala area only.

Quote:

Originally Posted by hyd_traveller (Post 2557463)
1) Reasonably priced Continental/Italian food restaurant close to place of stay for a lunch or dinner.

Try Via Milano: Via Milano | Italian : Restaurant : Pizzeria : Bar :

Quote:

I need pointers for :

2) Reasonably priced North Indian food restaurant close to place of stay for a dinner or lunch.

3) Suggestions for my third meal while there at any reasonably priced restaurant serving a cuisine as suggested by you as long as it is close to place of stay and suitable for lunch and dinner.

Thanks in advance.

PS : Normally, I always eat at least one meal at Koshy's (and boy, do I enjoy and relish it) but this time I intend to stick to Koramangala area only.

\

There are quite a few good restaurants in the area around the Sony World junction.

Indian:
- Forum Mall - Rajdhani (food court), Sahib Sindh Sultan, McDonalds, PizzaHut

- Raheja arcade - Grameen, Zaika, Bay Leaf

- Umerkot - No.30, 80 Feet Road, 4th Block, Koramangala, Bangalore

- Barbeque Nation - 86, 1st Cross Lane St. Block, Ward No. 68, Koramangala . This is on the way to HSR layout, at the end of the 80 ft road.

- Oye Amritsar

Towards National GAmes Village:
- More than Paranthas
- Mast Kalandar
- Kubay - near koramangala club.

OTHERS:
- Little Italy - Adugodi ( behind Manchester United bar ).
- Via Milano 80ft - 100ft junction. near sony world.
- Magnolia - 8o Feet Road, 7th Cross 3rd Block, Above Reliance Fresh, Koramangala
- Cafe Thulp - 998, 1st Main, 1st Block, Koramangala, Bangalore

Quote:

I need pointers for :

Thanks in advance.

For Italian try Via Milano or Little Italy

There are some Chettinad restaurants near Sony world/Spar signal

1) Anjappar
2) Ponnuswamy - Never visited, but heard it is good