Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th July 2012, 13:57   #2341
BHPian

Re: A Guide: Eating out in Bangalore

Update (Source: TOI, yesterday's edition)

"Total Mall" has partnered with Pista House of Hyderabad. They are selling many Hyderabadi delicacies along with famed "Haleem".
Old 30th July 2012, 12:31   #2342
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranjitp1 View Post
Effective July 31 2012,Manchester United Pub is going to close down

Hospitality Biz India :: Manchester United restaurant to shut down in Bengaluru
Would not be a great loss. I didnt like the place anyways
Old 30th July 2012, 13:44   #2343
Senior - BHPian

Tried the Aroy - the Thai eating place in JP Nagar near the ORR. Excellent ambience with an open roof top and an enclosed a/c area. I was disappointed with the food and is also very pricy.
Old 30th July 2012, 23:28   #2344
BHPian

Recently tried Trader Vic @Phoenix mall, Mahadevpura and has some great Thai & Balenesian food. Must try.
Old 31st July 2012, 09:55   #2345
BHPian

Shiro, UB City

Took a family out for dinner last night to Shiro, UB City. We were four adults and a child. Ambience is great, food is good, but mighty expensive. Interesting place, but I'd like to be the guest next time.

To start with we ordered Mahtani Chicken (good), Prawn Tempura(nice - use a coating of tempura batter which is made of rice I guess). Main course was Hibachi Rice with egg(nice), Spicy Yaki Soba(interesting taste - wheat noodles), Chicken in Spicy laska sauce (okay - tasted like an Indian curry probably because of the tamarind), Chicken in basket with bell peppers (good - it is dry, looked good too in a basket of dry rice noodles).

Also ordered a Mocktail (300), 2 Long Island Iced Tea (565 each), Pina Colada(400).

They add a 10% service charge and a service tax. The final bill was a whopping 5,300! When we ordered the main course we thought it would be too much, but we found the quantity was just right for four adults. I realized not to expect the quantities you get in a Chinese restaurant.
Old 19th August 2012, 18:43   #2346
BHPian

Mishmash, HSR Layout 1st Sector

Tried out the newest restaurant at HSR LAYOUT today.

Their tag line is "a bit of everything" and it was reflected in the menu which consist of Continental, Coastal Food and Tandoori. We ordered Pasta Primavera, Aloo Parata, Chicken biriyani & Tandoori Bekti. The food was great and so was the ambiance.

They do not accept credit card as of now and that was the only drawback.

It is located bang opposite MK Retail at HSR Sector 1

-- Wind
Old 19th August 2012, 21:51   #2347
Team-BHP Support

My 5th visit to Mosque Road this month (with fellow BHPian Avishar) was a good one.

Binged on Haleem, Sheek-Kabab, Sulemani chai and assorted sweets. Wallet was lighter by not more than 150 bucks. All in all, a great day! Thanks Avishar!
Old 28th August 2012, 09:32   #2348
BHPian

Onam Sadhya

Where do tbhpians go for their Onam Sadhya? I hear Ente Keralam is very good, but pricey (Rs.450/head).

As I am working tomorrow, I will be going to Thanima, opposite Wipro Gate 13 at Electronic City Phase 1.

Their unlimited Onam Sadhya has 31 items and is Rs.150/head. Starts around 12 noon and goes on till 3pm. I've had their kerala thali's before and it's very tasty and spicy. Ambiance though is very basic
Old 29th August 2012, 14:03   #2349

Guys check out the new restaurant at HSR layout Sector 1. Its called Kumarakam. Typical kerala food. Worth a visit especially for my fellow mallu brethren.
Old 11th September 2012, 15:50   #2350
BHPian

Durga Puja is near. Calling all Bong brothers in Bangalore. Apart from the usual joints like Bhajahari Manna, 6 BP, Esplanade, Oh Cal, anyone has knowledge of any new Bengali restro ? Would like to try out on Saptami / Nabami.
Old 11th September 2012, 17:12   #2351
BHPian

New restaurant in ORR, Blore called Bakasur. Its at bellandur in the building which had ICICI bank earlier.

Tried the lunch few days back. A big fat Buffet .Massive spread. Lots of chicken.

I think the cost is 444 + taxes. They advt as 44 dishes.

Actually, I was not very impressed, though the spread is huge. Looked like a confused menu. No non-veg soup to start with. Its all dominated by chicken in various tandoori styles.

Seating is not too comfy if you are planning a long session. They have 2 halls. One as an terrace and one below that.

I would still prefer eating at punjabi times , a few hundred meters away. Will like to try out the place again for an evening. Hopefully they may change my opinion !!!
Old 11th September 2012, 20:15   #2352
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ankan.m.blr
Durga Puja is near. Calling all Bong brothers in Bangalore. Apart from the usual joints like Bhajahari Manna, 6 BP, Esplanade, Oh Cal, anyone has knowledge of any new Bengali restro ? Would like to try out on Saptami / Nabami.
Try the howrah bridge in phoenix mall. Ive become a regular visitor over there for rolls and usual bengali evening snacks. Bijoli grill on Church street above KC Das has closed down which was a very good place with delicious food. And very reasonable rates.

Also one more restaurant in HAL area, Kolkata Kitchen IIRC, have seen many bengalis visiting there. Ive been there just once.

The ones you listed above are usually the upmarket place and on durga puja its just better to try the street food. All the puja pandals have various snacks options available. I usually spend my entire day in the pandals and have breakfast, lunch and dinner at those stalls. Bit costly but definitely worth it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by anoop.mathew

Their unlimited Onam Sadhya has 31 items and is Rs.150/head. Starts around 12 noon and goes on till 3pm. I've had their kerala thali's before and it's very tasty and spicy. Ambiance though is very basic
Is Onam Sadhya served only during the festival days? Would love to visit this place once I can make the time. What else would you advise in from the Kerala cuisine? Spicy and non veg does it for me

Last edited by Parthasarathig : 11th September 2012 at 20:21.
Old 11th September 2012, 20:54   #2353
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parthasarathig View Post

Is Onam Sadhya served only during the festival days? Would love to visit this place once I can make the time. What else would you advise in from the Kerala cuisine? Spicy and non veg does it for me
I have not tried Thanima that Anoop mentioned. I have eaten at Kumarakom in HSR and Ende Keralam in Ulsoor Road. I personally prefer Ende Keralam.

The Kerala Thali is superb. You can add it on with Karimeen Pollichathu. Need more, then go for Beef Ularthiyathu .

They also serve the best Appam I have had in Blore. The Aleppey Fish curry goes best with appam.

Ayyo ! Mouth watering for me already.
Old 11th September 2012, 21:02   #2354
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parthasarathig View Post

Also one more restaurant in HAL area, Kolkata Kitchen IIRC, have seen many bengalis visiting there. Ive been there just once.
Is this the one in Kagdaspura, before the railway crossing ?
Old 11th September 2012, 21:07   #2355
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mannubhai

The Kerala Thali is superb. You can add it on with Karimeen Pollichathu. Need more, then go for Beef Ularthiyathu .

They also serve the best Appam I have had in Blore. The Aleppey Fish curry goes best with appam.

Ayyo ! Mouth watering for me already.:
Fish curry and appam im already hungry now. Does ente keralam serve buffets or regular meals too? Hope to try it this weekend. Bangalore is a food lovers heaven

Quote:
Originally Posted by ankan.m.blr

Is this the one in Kagdaspura, before the railway crossing ?
Sorry i dont know much about that place as I went at night. Youve to go ahead from HAL bus stop area, after about a few 100metres, I took left turn and went about a kilometre inside. It was opposite some missionary school iirc. I think it was in a place called Basavanagar. I know the direction to that place but dont know the names properly. It was an impromptu dinner invitation.

Last edited by Parthasarathig : 11th September 2012 at 21:19.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks