Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th June 2012, 16:26   #2266
BANNED

Re: A Guide: Eating out in Bangalore

So which are the pubs in Bangalore that are semi-open at least on one side or end in a balcony? I dislike fully closed spaces - they are meaningless in tropical weather that doesn't threaten your health in winter unlike cold countries.

Some examples I like are

1) Ecko's in Kammanahalli
2) Rewind in Kammanahalli

Any others I can circulate around?

Thanks
--R

Last edited by Ragul : 11th June 2012 at 16:27.
Old 11th June 2012, 17:04   #2267
BHPian

Been to Sahib Sindh Sultan over the weekend. Not been there for some time now and i dunno what they have done to the prices. Ordered for a biryani, one corn methi pulao and one paneer makhni along with a lime sode. Total damages Rs 1793 . Pretty high prices for the fare being dished out, I would say. I feel they are paying high rentals
Old 11th June 2012, 17:09   #2268
BHPian

Had been to a family lunch at Tuscano, UB City; yesterday and came satiated

The lamb was medium rare, just as I asked and the jus went so well it. Same with the appetizers, Veg and Chicken main courses we ordered. I am a meat lover but was blown over by the Vegetarian Lasanga, one my niece ordered, by the punch it carried.

The only gripe, was lack of enough meat in the lamb rack (not that I didnt know)

2.5K well spent on a lunch for three of us.

Last edited by Rocky_Balboa : 11th June 2012 at 17:11.
Old 11th June 2012, 19:18   #2269
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragul View Post
So which are the pubs in Bangalore that are semi-open at least on one side or end in a balcony?
Sherlock Holmes on Coles Road
Old 11th June 2012, 19:49   #2270
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by chikkars View Post
Sherlock Holmes on Coles Road
Thanks

PS: hows the ambience, quality of service, friendliness of staff, food?

--R
Old 11th June 2012, 20:07   #2271
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragul View Post
Thanks

PS: hows the ambience, quality of service, friendliness of staff, food?

--R
Have only seen the place from outside, never been there!

Last edited by chikkars : 11th June 2012 at 20:21.
Old 15th June 2012, 22:00   #2272
BHPian

Hotel :- Adupadi, Indra Nagar
Cuisines :- Chettinadu Food Items
Ambience :- Good

Had been to Adupadi twice ( lunch & dinner ) and the food was excellent. Best place to have mouth watering Chettinadu Dishes ( Biriyani, Kal dosai, Kothu Parotto, Thalicha Iddiyappam etc.. )

Hope they maintain the quality
Old 15th June 2012, 22:34   #2273
BHPian

Kartiks Mithai Shoppe, Indiranagar - disgusting experience !

Had been to Kartiks Mithai Shoppe 2 weeks ago , near the Indiranagar RTO. Ive been a regular there since past few years and must say, quality has reached an all time low.

Had ordered a bhelpuri and dahi puri. From the first spoonful, noticed a bitter taste. Bought it to the notice of the guy preparing it and he flatly refused to accept any problem or even taste it. Disgusting attitude of the people in the store and the overall ambience in the preparation area was also not hygienic.

Had to leave the place leaving behind the remainder as it was not edible and they seemed not bothered at all on the feedback also !

Next day had an upset stomach, am sure it was the food that was the cause.

Is there any wing of the BBMP where I can lodge a complaint ? Health officer etc ?

I would like to take it up see what can be done to curb the arrogance of the management behind this place as I did bring it up with the so called manager (?) but he seemed least bothered.
Old 16th June 2012, 12:15   #2274
Senior - BHPian

Re: Kartiks Mithai Shoppe, Indiranagar - disgusting experience !

Quote:
Originally Posted by nirmaljusdoit View Post
... Is there any wing of the BBMP where I can lodge a complaint ? Health officer etc ? ...
You have to go the BBMP Ward Office of your area and lodge a complaint. Yes, the Health wing of BBMP looks at such complaints.
Old 16th June 2012, 14:12   #2275
Senior - BHPian

Eurasia on Kanakapura rd. I feel he has the best Italian food for that money. Delicious Pasta and Pizza. I also had one of the best chocolate dessert in Bangalore over there. It is called Chocolate Bomb. Simply out of this world. Earlier DBC from corner house used to be fav. This one beats it hands down. Don't feel like having DBC anymore :-)
Old 20th June 2012, 18:45   #2276
Team-BHP Support

I tried out Waggah this past weekend, the peshawari cuisine restaurant on 80 ft road, Koramangala, just beyond Oye amritsar on the left side.

Decent fare, but quite exorbitantly priced for the ambience. They have tried to give it a rustic, mughal war time theme or something, but most of the walls are dark grey stones, bare bones and dim lighting only increases the dungeon effect. I'm not sure whether they did this intentionally to make it look like a war prison or if it was a mistake . Interiors need some improvement, but other that that no complaints.

Service was top notch, taste was decent too. Pricey place - starters were a bit over-the-top. A veg platter costs 500 bucks! A full course meal for 3 of us friends came to a little over 2000 bucks. Worth a try though for foodies looking for something new in Koramangala.

P.S - since the restaurant is new, they have some introductory offer now wherein all Indian breads are offered at 1 Re each. We were pleasantly surprised by this offer.

Last edited by KarthikK : 20th June 2012 at 18:51.
Old 28th June 2012, 21:52   #2277
BHPian

This post is about which Restaurant from NOT to visit list

#PunjabiRasoi in HSR layout

Had been to this place a couple of times before too but today got compelled to write a review to make other would be customers to this place aware.

First time I had visited this place I noticed this arrogant attitude of the staff who literally banged the water glasses while keeping them on the table prompting the water to get spilled over on the table.Also while we were having the deserts they started cleaning the underlying paper dropping some leftovers on us too which I couldn't report to the manager as we were in a hurry.
But today's visit turned out to be a nightmare.I had gone there with my parents and my wife for a quick dinner as this is one of the few restaurants which is closer to my home in HSR Layout.
Half way through our meal we were "REQUESTED" to move to a different table as they suddenly had some 12 people from a team(some IT firm) who had landed there.Feeling ridiculous I decided to pay the bill and walk away without having dinner and went to wash my hands and had a glimpse at the area where used plates were kept.To my horror I saw around 3 to 4 rats nibbling on the leftovers sitting right on the plates which are used to serve food.On reporting this to the manager he said he was busy now and would look into this issue later on!!! I would never recommend this restaurant to anyone , not even to my enemies!!!
They get business as this is one of the few restaurants serving north indian in HSR 2nd sector.Disgusting place.

Is there any health inspection agency where I can report this ?
Alter_Ego is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th June 2012, 18:10   #2278
BHPian

^ OMG thanks alter_ego for reporting this. I am a regular to this restaurant being nearby to my home too. After you reported above, I will stop going to punjabi rasoi once and for all. Food was always average and too spicy IMO but service was terrible always at least in my experience
Old 29th June 2012, 23:19   #2279
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alter_Ego View Post
This post is about which Restaurant from NOT to visit list
#PunjabiRasoi in HSR layout
I agree, things have been consistently going bad there. Very rude of them to ask you to shift to another table. See the post from DerAlte about where to report hygiene related issues.

Rude businesses don't last long, especially in services business. Free market will take care of him.
Old 29th June 2012, 23:41   #2280
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lazybrain View Post
^ OMG thanks alter_ego for reporting this. I am a regular to this restaurant being nearby to my home too. After you reported above, I will stop going to punjabi rasoi once and for all. Food was always average and too spicy IMO but service was terrible always at least in my experience
Yeah service is turning from bad to worse and they hardly bother due to their monopoly in HSR sector 2.But now the hygiene levels have gone down to disgusting levels.I updated the review section of Burrp too so that unsuspecting customers don't end up there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Su-47 View Post
I agree, things have been consistently going bad there. Very rude of them to ask you to shift to another table. See the post from DerAlte about where to report hygiene related issues.

Rude businesses don't last long, especially in services business. Free market will take care of him.
Thanks Su-47 for pointing out.Planning to go and report tomorrow itself.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks