Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th April 2012, 12:56   #2161
BHPian

Re: A Guide: Eating out in Bangalore

Quote:
Originally Posted by smsrini View Post
Where exactly is Rajvardhan ? Any directions / landmarks ?
It is in the lane right opposite Bangalore Central Mall. Do note that the lane is a one way coming out to the ring road.

Here is the map:

Name:  Capture.PNG
Views: 1110
Size:  61.9 KB
Old 9th April 2012, 13:10   #2162
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by suhaas307 View Post
Had been to Fisherman's Wharf with family for lunch today.

When we walked in: It felt like Goa. There was a certain 'coastal' feel to the place. The dining area was divided into several little shack-like structures that surrounds the watering-hole. Each shack was named after a beach in Goa.

What we ordered: Cheesy Mozzarella Sticks with Salsa Dip, Fried Squid with Wasabi-Mayo sauce, Potato-fries wharf-special, and honey-glazed chicken for starters. For the main-course, Chicken-Xacuti, Crab Masala Goan style and assorted Indian breads.

What we think: Good food and even better ambiance. We loved the live music (a gentleman playing the sax', and rather well at that). The food, although good, was a little pricey.

It's worth driving down to The Fisherman's Wharf on a Sunday and experiencing Goan cuisine for the first time outside Goa. But it wouldn't be a regular for us.
Ah so you found the place. Welcome to this side of bangalore.

Yet to try the place but I must say solid advertising.
Old 9th April 2012, 21:09   #2163
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post
Ah so you found the place. Welcome to this side of bangalore.

Yet to try the place but I must say solid advertising.
Haha It's honestly a whole new side of Bangalore. And you're right, it's so close to your place that you could probably see it from your balcony!

I'm not sure how good the vegetarian food is. But I'm sure it would be more than passable. *grins* But still, I wouldn't say it was completely worth it. Especially since we've tried the original Fisherman's Wharf in Goa. *winks*
Old 10th April 2012, 19:01   #2164
BHPian

Has anyone been to a restaurant that serves EMU meat? I believe the consumption of emu meat is gradually increasing in India owing to the health benefits this meat has to offer. My colleagues were talking about a restaurant in Chennai which serves this meat.
Old 12th April 2012, 00:27   #2165
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manojgautham View Post
Has anyone been to a restaurant that serves EMU meat? I believe the consumption of emu meat is gradually increasing in India owing to the health benefits this meat has to offer. My colleagues were talking about a restaurant in Chennai which serves this meat.
Dont know about the restaurant , but you can get Frozen emu meat in New Frosty's Cold Storage for about Rs 500 for 250gms(I think). Its on 80 Feet Road off Indira Nagar.
Old 12th April 2012, 13:04   #2166
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshayasok View Post
Dont know about the restaurant , but you can get Frozen emu meat in New Frosty's Cold Storage for about Rs 500 for 250gms(I think). Its on 80 Feet Road off Indira Nagar.
emu meat is available at SPAR on bannergatta road. The cost is Rs 500 per kg.
Old 12th April 2012, 18:57   #2167
Senior - BHPian

Guys, any nice classy kind of place for a family celebration? Preferably North Indian or Chinese cuisine? Continental would also do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by manojgautham View Post
Barbeque Nation has some South African food festival going on, in which they are serving emu meat.
Old 13th April 2012, 10:10   #2168
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitoj View Post
Guys, any nice classy kind of place for a family celebration? Preferably North Indian or Chinese cuisine? Continental would also do.
You could try the new place in town, Punjab Grill (Jiggs Kalra's) fine dining restaurant. I hear the food is rather good, though the prices are pretty high. It diagonally opposite Forum mall.
Old 13th April 2012, 10:24   #2169
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arindambasu13 View Post
You could try the new place in town, Punjab Grill (Jiggs Kalra's) fine dining restaurant. I hear the food is rather good, though the prices are pretty high. It diagonally opposite Forum mall.
Thanks for the suggestion, but i have heard mixed reviews about this place, specifically about how everything is loaded with butter/ghee
Old 13th April 2012, 10:49   #2170
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks for the suggestion, but i have heard mixed reviews about this place, specifically about how everything is loaded with butter/ghee
Yes thats something I have heard as well. I guess for the average Joe outside Punjab, Punjabi food is intrinsically associated with butter and ghee in generous doses (whether thats actually true or not!).

Couple of other places you would try are Caperberry (Manipal Centre) for continental food (expensive but good), Samarkhand (old favourite with good North west frontier cuisine, in Gem Plaza, Infantry Road). For Thai food, you could give Aroy in JP Nagar (just before Delmia Circle) a try.

There are also lots of new places which have been opening up in Indiranagar area in the past few months. I cant remember the names offhand, but the food review columns of newspapers regularly speak about some fine dining restaurants opening up every other week. I dont have first hand information about them, but you could give some of them a try.

Last edited by arindambasu13 : 13th April 2012 at 10:52.
Old 13th April 2012, 12:21   #2171
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Barbeque Nation has some South African food festival going on, in which they are serving emu meat.

Punjabi by nature. Opp Little Italy, behind ManU pub. Adugodi. They have a micro brewery as well. Pricey.
Old 27th April 2012, 11:55   #2172
Senior - BHPian

I had been to Kebab Magic @ Jayanagar last evening for dinner and ordered the following (SILVERWOOD+4)

1, Tandoori chicken Raan (5 No's)
2, Brost Chicken
3, Grill Chicken (1/2)
4, Chicken Masala
5, Kerela Paratha (5 No's)
6, Grape Juice (5 No's)

Tandoori chicken Raan was awesome and so was brost chicken.

Dont remember the actual bill, but this is certainly a vfm restaurant.
Old 27th April 2012, 13:36   #2173
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ankan.m.blr

This is my most favorite dessert in the whole world. AFAIK, available only in BM. They should take a patent before Haldiram copies and starts making the same. sometimes I visit BM only to have 8-10 cups of nolen gur ice-cream; the rest of the customers watch me awestruck.
FYI This dish is also available at Oh Calcutta on St.Marks road.
Any idea what has happened to Bay of Bengal above K.C Das? Went there last week only to be disappointed. Some pub has opened up in its place. Used to be a good joint that.
Also has anyone tried out Infinitea on cunningham road? I feel the momos there were overpriced and somehow the momos at the tibetan restaurant in dubai plaza are much better and cheaper too. Infinitea although is known for its ambience i however failed to find anything special about it.

For the bengali foodie, there is also another restaurant in basavanagar near old airport road. Its on the first floor of a building opposite to a missionary school i think. The mughlai parantha there was delish! ! Has anyone else been there?
Old 27th April 2012, 16:58   #2174
BHPian

I went to Bhojohori Manna in JP Nagar, near the police station, for dinner. Normal items we had rice dal, sabji, fish curry, chicken curry all were precooked. Must be leftovers from lunch time. They must have heated these in a microwave before serving us.

However the plus points being the tasty mishti doi, tastier nolen gurer ice cream and the long shaped lemon (I don't know if it has a proper name), which is available only in eastern part of India.

Worth a repeat visit only for the icecream.
Old 27th April 2012, 17:04   #2175
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by SILVERWOOD View Post
I had been to Kebab Magic @ Jayanagar last evening for dinner and ordered the following (SILVERWOOD+4)

1, Tandoori chicken Raan (5 No's)
2, Brost Chicken
3, Grill Chicken (1/2)
4, Chicken Masala
5, Kerela Paratha (5 No's)
6, Grape Juice (5 No's)

Tandoori chicken Raan was awesome and so was brost chicken.

Dont remember the actual bill, but this is certainly a vfm restaurant.
Kabab Magic is actually known for their phenomenal sharwamas. Yeah, it's not identical to what you get in the Middle-East but it's fairly authentic enough. Try it out next time 'round.

Yes, it certainly is a VFM place.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks