Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th August 2013, 23:06   #2911
BHPian

Re: Wang's Kitchen, Koramangala

Quote:
Originally Posted by nowwhat? View Post
...Wang's Kitchen is by far my worst Chinese restaurant experience in Bangalore that I can remember....
+1
Dont know which location of wang's you went to, but my experience in their kasturi nagar branch was hillarious - waited 30 mins for bill, bill never came, with family in tow went to the billing section and demanded my bill so that i can pay and buzz off, horror of horrors they couldn't generate my bill. so we left without paying for what we ate. not that what we had was good either.
obviously, never set foot there again.
Old 20th August 2013, 17:35   #2912
BHPian

Re: A Guide: Eating out in Bangalore

Hi, 10-12 of us friends are planning to meet for lunch with families. We are looking for a place that is not-expensive (<Rs. 600 per head), that is kid-friendly, and which can reserve an entire section of their restaurant/hotel for our group. I can think of few places on the outskirts of the city, but we prefer a place that is closer to HSR/Bellandur/Marthahalli/Whitefield. Suggestions please..
Old 21st August 2013, 01:39   #2913
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nagvasireddy View Post
Hi, 10-12 of us friends are planning to meet for lunch with families. We are looking for a place that is not-expensive (<Rs. 600 per head), that is kid-friendly, and which can reserve an entire section of their restaurant/hotel for our group. I can think of few places on the outskirts of the city, but we prefer a place that is closer to HSR/Bellandur/Marthahalli/Whitefield. Suggestions please..
Golkonda Chimney @ Marthahalli should fit your bill.

Talk to them about your requirement in advance and i am sure they will help you.

PS:This place has ample parking as well.

Regards,

Waseem.
Old 21st August 2013, 23:35   #2914
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Tried Srinathji's recently (Veg multi cuisine place) - Krishna Temple Road, parallel to CMH Road.
Good ambience, food was good (the limited north indian stuff we tried from the expansive menu ranging from Bombay chats, pizzas, burgers, pastas and north indian stuff). They also have a coffee shop/bakery on the ground floor.

There was a Moment-Of-Truth moment when having our meal - on asking for sliced onions to accompany the north indian fare there was total bewilderment on the faces of the staff there and then I realised what a silly thing we'd done - being a pure veg. restaurant they don't use Onion and Garlic , my daughter enjoyed the pasta though it tasted more Indian than Italian.
By the way they claim to serve the 'World's best pizzas'!
Also found out from the staff there that the chain operates several branches in Mumbai, Kolkata and about 5 in Bangalore (I've only seen and been to this one in Indiranagar though).

Last edited by NPV : 21st August 2013 at 23:41.
Old 21st August 2013, 23:56   #2915
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NPV View Post
Also found out from the staff there that the chain operates several branches in Mumbai, Kolkata and about 5 in Bangalore (I've only seen and been to this one in Indiranagar though).
Note sure about Kolkota, but i have seen couple of branches in Mumbai for sure.One in Malad and one more in Parel i guess.

Waseem.
Old 9th September 2013, 12:28   #2916
BHPian

Was at 46 Millers last evening after intending to try it out for a year now (somehow we always found ourselves at 'The only place' when the heart desired for a hunky piece of pepper smeared steak)

Awesome is the word to describe it which is par for the course for most reviews on this joint. The saloon like decor from the wild west with all the artifacts and Indian motifs which go with creates an authentic steakhouse feel, with the waiters dressed like pistoleers adding to the charm.

They do the steaks just the way you like it, whether cooked all the way through is your thing or you want to hear it moo coming up to your table. The portion sizes are generous and hence hit the sweet vfm spot with the prices.

Definitely a dekko for meat and conti cuisine lovers
Old 9th September 2013, 14:05   #2917
BHPian

Staying in Bangalore near forum, koramangala for more than a year, never had I found the time to drop in at a small nice restaurant by the name "grameen" at raheja arcade.

It's a very nice, "petite" veg restaurant. Good ambience. Courteous waiters.

A very good veg offering and very nominal pricing. Authentic north Indian. And while ordering for a curry, here's a heads up- spicy REALLY means "SPICY" HERE. You'll be blowing your nose, wiping tears of your eyes and drinking loads of water/juice/lassi.

Very tasty and a nice place. Take your time and definitely give it a visit. Heard the thali is great, but it is only available in the noon and I had been there at night.

Rating: 4.5/5.
Old 9th September 2013, 16:26   #2918
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nagvasireddy View Post
Mish Mash
HSR › 2321, 17th Cross, 27th Main, 1st Sector,...
CONTINENTAL, MUGHLAI, NORTH INDIAN, AMERICAN, MEDITERRANEAN

This is one of the best restaurants I have seen in H.S.R you will love the ambiance and there is "Little of everything" on the menu.
Old 10th September 2013, 12:23   #2919
Senior - BHPian

I have checked few restaurant bills we went and found that not everyone mention Service Tax Number in their bill.

They charge VAT and Service Tax. I can see TIN Number but not Service Tax number.

Please help me understand this.
Old 10th September 2013, 17:16   #2920
Oxy
BHPian

Went to Luo Han @ HSR Layout a couple of weeks back with my wife, one and a half year old son and my mother in law. It's a pure veg chinese restaurant.

There was only one waiter serving, and an old lady behind the billing counter. Since the sole waiter was too busy, this lady came to us and took our order.

We ordered a starter, a noodle dish and a rice dish for the time being, since I was not sure if my mother in law would like chinese fare.

When we were done with it and asked for the menu card for ordering more, the lady blurted out, "Have you not placed your order yet"? I said we had, but wish to order more. She then told us point blank: You are done, please pay and leave!!

My reaction was a mixture of anger, surprise and hilarity. Seriously, who in this whole wide world would have experienced anything like this? Just quitely paid up and left.

Still I am clueless why the lady behaved like that? Maybe my son was running around the restaurant a bit too much and she got irritated.

The food (whatever we could have), was pretty good though.
Old 10th September 2013, 17:39   #2921
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latheesh View Post
I have checked few restaurant bills we went and found that not everyone mention Service Tax Number in their bill.

They charge VAT and Service Tax. I can see TIN Number but not Service Tax number.

Please help me understand this.
You can complain about this to the ST and Excise Dept.
Old 16th September 2013, 13:57   #2922
BHPian

The next edition of Restaurant Week India runs from 23rd September till 2nd October. Table bookings have opened for Citibank card holder from today and for others from 18th midnight.
Check here for details.
Old 16th September 2013, 14:15   #2923
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oxy View Post
My reaction was a mixture of anger, surprise and hilarity. Seriously, who in this whole wide world would have experienced anything like this? Just quitely paid up and left.

Still I am clueless why the lady behaved like that? Maybe my son was running around the restaurant a bit too much and she got irritated.
Don't worry, that is normal.

I've been eating at Luo Han last 3+ years and I actively avoid giving the old lady any order, she is scary! LoL

Apart from that food is really good (usually), and for a 'vegetarian' & 'chinese' place their menu is massive!
Old 16th September 2013, 15:02   #2924
BHPian

Guys- happened to visit Sattvam at sadashivnagar ( above godrej natures basket) last weekend.

I must say I was impressed. Over 75 dishes all vegetarian . A combination of South Indian and North Indian fare. And it's a buffet.
The dishes are well presented and look better in real than the pictures on zomato or the web.

They refer to the food as satvic cuisine but its no way near what comes to mind. If you are a hardcore spice lover, you might be let down.

We were a group of 6 adults and 2 kids . We were taken very well care of. Kids below 5 eat free.

At 399 on weekdays and 499 on weekends it's total vfm.

This place fills up fast on weekends... So I suggest making a reservation.

The ambience is good too. Nice greenery around.
Old 16th September 2013, 15:41   #2925
BHPian

Fat Chef at Marathalli - Varthur road is a real treat for continental food lovers. The place has real yummy food, great ambiance and decent collection of wines. The desserts are real good too.

Recommendations - Grilled Fish with Mustard sauce/Peri Peri Chicken Sizzler/Banoffee Trifle

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks