Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th September 2013, 09:32   #2926
BHPian

Re: A Guide: Eating out in Bangalore

• Krishna Kafe (portions have become small and prices have gone north, but still pretty good)
  • Fill 'n Chill (pub, generally OK)
  • Ponnuswamy (family likes the chettinad cuisine, but where did it go?)
  • Hunan (chinese, good but spicy)
  • Sichuan (started off really good with original chinese dishes and good dim sum, but now not sure)
  • Barleyz (multi-cuisine pub, expensive but good food and great ambiance)
  • Black Pearl (tried a Groupon voucher, liked the food and ambiance)
  • Flambe (again Groupon but terrible food)
  • Maharaja (OK)
  • Little Home (my back up option in case the maid doesn't show up)
  • Lazeez (tried the rolls there, but never the biryani. used to avoid it ever since I saw a huge rat going inside some years back, but now I realize from this thread that I should give it a second chance)
  • Thulp (my favorite hang out, probably some of the best burgers in town)
  • Halcyon (their burger festival was so so)
  • Delicacy (buy from there every friday, but next day I visit the toilet)
  • Hornbill Cafe (chinese, serves pork)
  • Beijing Bites (limited menu but quite good)
  • China Pearl (pricey but good)
  • Imperial (yummy biryani, love the fish biryani)
  • Empire (only tried the kebab)
  • Oriental Kitchen (chinese but pricey)
  • Hyderabad Biryani Paradise (started off with cooks from paradise in hyd, non spicy biryani, good)
  • Rendezvous/Friends (steaks have gone rubbery and price has gone up)
  • 898 (pricey steaks)
  • Coorg (good Coorgi food, love the pork)
  • Kubay (think it was OK, don't remember)
  • Meghana (huge crowd but not a big fan of the fiery stuff, thought it was OK)
  • Nandhini (meals here are my favorite)

Two additions to this list:
  • Wang's Kitchen adjacent to French Loaf (Pricey bland food with poor service that made my stomach bloat the next day)
  • Smoked Out Barbeque (Best chicken wings in Bangalore)

My recent find is Smoked Out Barbeque near Ooty Chocolate, Koramangala. Reviews on Zomato suggested the best chicken wings in Bangalore and I certainly concur. These chicken wings are large, soft and delicious. Prepare to dig in with both hands. Also tried the steak which was good, maybe next time I should get it rare. Garlic bread also yummy. Reviewers on Zomato suggested to stay away from the Dirty Rice so I didn't bother. Bill was 700 odd for the 3 items.

Highly recommend. But if you go for dinner, wear adequate mosquito protection as it is out in the open.

Now a question for you all. Which do you think is the best American restaurant in Bangalore? I have been to Chillis and Trader Vic's at Phoenix Mall, Whitefield and they certainly do not disappoint. However I would like to know what others think.
Old 20th September 2013, 11:15   #2927
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nowwhat? View Post
  • Wang's Kitchen adjacent to French Loaf (Pricey bland food with poor service that made my stomach bloat the next day)
If you are referring to the one near the BTM Layout 16th Main signal, you are correct.

Can anyone imagine a chinese restaurant without noodles? The first time i went there, these guys said they did not get their supply of noodles; hence no noodles!!!

The manager\nitwit there said only rice varities are available for the main course.

I was surprised, hence i asked him to get me South Indian Meals. He started
blinking! Then felt bad for him and had fried rice.
Old 20th September 2013, 16:53   #2928
BHPian

Quote:
  • Hyderabad Biryani Paradise (started off with cooks from paradise in hyd, non spicy biryani, good)
Where is this above mentioned place ? Can you give me directions
Old 21st September 2013, 10:49   #2929
BHPian

Any inputs on Veekes and Thomas, JP Nagar?
Old 21st September 2013, 11:23   #2930
BHPian

No response to my query on best American restaurant in Bangalore?

Quote:
Originally Posted by deadguy25 View Post
If you are referring to the one near the BTM Layout 16th Main signal, you are correct.

Can anyone imagine a chinese restaurant without noodles? The first time i went there, these guys said they did not get their supply of noodles; hence no noodles!!!

The manager\nitwit there said only rice varities are available for the main course.

I was surprised, hence i asked him to get me South Indian Meals. He started
blinking! Then felt bad for him and had fried rice.
That was a Koramangala restaurant list.

Wang's seems to be a chain and I understand that the bad food and poor service are consistent across all outlets.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonelyPlanet View Post
Where is this above mentioned place ? Can you give me directions
Location is mentioned in one of my posts a few pages back. It is next to Shilton hotel on Inner Ring Road. Haven't had biriyani there in a while, so please treat my blurb with caution.
Old 22nd September 2013, 00:58   #2931
BHPian

Quote:
  • Hornbill Cafe (chinese, serves pork)
Where is this now? It isn't near ThoughtWorks anymore.

Last edited by nareshov : 22nd September 2013 at 01:01.
Old 22nd September 2013, 22:23   #2932
BHPian

Any reviews or feedback about Grillopolis Bangalore please?
Old 27th September 2013, 17:05   #2933
BHPian

We'd been to The Black Pearl last week as part of an office lunch. The food is good but not great. Prefer the food at BBQ Nation. In fact, the buffet items here are nearly the same as at BBQ Nation. The ambience is not as good as the pictures suggest but is quite different especially if you're college going & want to take some cool looking pics. Definitely book the top floor & avoid the lower floor if you can.
Old 10th October 2013, 14:35   #2934
Senior - BHPian

Folks, sorry to ask again if it has been answered but 196 pages becomes a little too consuming to search and search option didn't fetch the info I wanted.

Can anyone suggest a great place for dinner buffet, where both Veg and Non-Veg food is excellent. Price/head Rs 500 or under (only food, alcohol not required). Indiranagar, Marathahalli, Outer Ring Road near KR Puram end, Old Madras Road and Old Airport road places are being sought.

(Barbecue nation ruled out as this group wanting to go has been there many times). Thank you.

Edit: Oh!.... and one more thing. The place should have parking for 5 cars at the least.

Last edited by k_ajay : 10th October 2013 at 14:40. Reason: Adding the edit note.
Old 10th October 2013, 16:03   #2935
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by k_ajay View Post
Folks, sorry to ask again if it has been answered but 196 pages becomes a little too consuming to search and search option didn't fetch the info I wanted.

Can anyone suggest a great place for dinner buffet, where both Veg and Non-Veg food is excellent. Price/head Rs 500 or under (only food, alcohol not required). Indiranagar, Marathahalli, Outer Ring Road near KR Puram end, Old Madras Road and Old Airport road places are being sought.

(Barbecue nation ruled out as this group wanting to go has been there many times). Thank you.

Edit: Oh!.... and one more thing. The place should have parking for 5 cars at the least.
Try BBQ Factory, near the sony world signal in Koramangala. I know its not in the preferred destination, but me and my team absolutely love the food there. They have Valet parking
Old 10th October 2013, 17:07   #2936
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by k_ajay View Post

Try Oliver's. Nice ambiance in the evening, very good food and personalized service. Highly recommended!
It is right next to Opus in the creek near Graphite signal, ITPL road.

http://www.zomato.com/bangalore/olivers-whitefield

Last edited by chikkars : 10th October 2013 at 17:08.
Old 11th October 2013, 11:01   #2937
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dass View Post
Try BBQ Factory, near the sony world signal in Koramangala. I know its not in the preferred destination, but me and my team absolutely love the food there. They have Valet parking
Hi Dass, thanks. I know BBQ factory but I'm kind of afraid to go back there (or take my colleagues there). I feel severely sick and was diagnosed with Acute gastritis right the next day after eating at BBQ factory the previous night. And I'll tell you I've had veg food from everywhere and anywhere previously and have never fallen sick (not pointing my sickness either to the food at BBQ factory, but I won't take a chance again).

I was aware of this place but thanks again for looking to help.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chikkars View Post
Try Oliver's. Nice ambiance in the evening, very good food and personalized service. Highly recommended!
It is right next to Opus in the creek near Graphite signal, ITPL road.

http://www.zomato.com/bangalore/olivers-whitefield

Thanks Chikkars. I'll review that and shortlist them if they're good. Need to check with the team that'll go if they're ok with travelling to whitefield.
Old 25th October 2013, 17:06   #2938
BHPian

1."Hotel Aditya right infront of Nandini Theatre near Mahalakshmi layout".

Yesterday had the best BOTI Fry,Brain Fry, Egg Kheema Fry ,Chicken kabab along with Ragi Mudde and Biryani rice for as low Rs 200/- per person in Hotel Aditya right infront of Nandini Theatre near Mahalakshmi layout.
The taste was simple homely and awesome,the right spices where used and each one tasted very differently.
Ambiance is on a low note though but good enough for a quick meal or take away.

2.Sree Chats Centre near Vyalikaval Police station.

For chat lovers ,this place is a must visit once every week.Masala puri ,pani puri and Bhel (made crispy if requested just like churmuri ) are the usual where as Dhai puri,sev puri ,samosa masala and Cutlet masala are some of the exclusives. The place is as usual stand and eat types and few chairs for the ladies/children and elders.If the crowd is less then car service is there provided there is no traffic jam on the road.
I have going to them from few years and the taste seems to have nogt changed at all and the hospitality and generous jovial behaviour of 2 brothers running the business make you go back again and again.
I have referred them to many parties and marriage functions ,the feedback is execellent,no complaints at all.
Open between 5-9:30 pm everyday .
Please note :The chef/one owner is an ex-employees of Gullus Chats in Kumarapark Sheshadripuram.
Old 25th October 2013, 18:37   #2939

In and around Nagarbhavi:

Hotel Swathi and Ron Inn on Nagarbhavi 80 Feet Main Road.
Deewar in Chandra Layout.
Cave-n-Dine in Basaveshwaranagar has a nice cave-like ambience with good food as well.

Not too many other options that I know of.
Old 27th October 2013, 14:54   #2940
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Tried "24th Main" on 24th Main (JP Nagar), a very nice veg place. We tried only the North Indian fare and liked the starters, breads and other dishes.
Ended up visiting the place twice in the same week

Last edited by NPV : 27th October 2013 at 14:56.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks