Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th March 2012, 13:04   #2101
BHPian

Re: A Guide: Eating out in Bangalore

Quote:
Originally Posted by kousik View Post
Very decent Kolkata rolls, and Moglai parota. Since they are new (2/3 weeks?) stuffs are good, not sure if they'll be able to maintain the same quality as crowd increases. Recommended to try. Sorry, of all things, forgot the name... but you can't miss it when you're there.
Its actually a little older, started around mid of December. I also found the place to be quite good when I tried it 2 months back. They also do Dum Biriyani on Sundays, which I found to be very tasty.
Old 7th March 2012, 15:41   #2102
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerAlte View Post
What is a 'Naked' Fry? Have seen this in menus in a lot of places, but couldn't figure it out.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sushrutha View Post
Fish naked fry is nothing but Whole fish dipped in masala (Chilli + coriander powder+ salt+lime) but of a thinner masala paste & then fried in Oil (almost like kabab).
"Naked Fry" is deep fried "seasoned/marinated" fish, no batter coating what so ever (unlike Kebabs ). That's what the name speaks, no "cloathing" at all!!
Old 7th March 2012, 19:52   #2103
BHPian

Had been to 'The Chancery' on Lavelle Road for a company lunch buffet (Rs 500/- per person) . I enjoyed the variety, service was okay and quality was not great. Too much garam masala in the chicken kababs, and the refill they put in after the lot was over had a burnt taste. I enjoyed the variety of salads, esp chicken hawaii salad which was sweet.
Old 7th March 2012, 23:23   #2104
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by addyhemmige
... Is there a name for this place you are mentioning? ...
Fish Land !!! Had forgotten the name, checked while going home
DerAlte is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th March 2012, 01:18   #2105
Distinguished - BHPian

Had been with my friends to Cafe Masala tonight. The last time I had gone there was almost 4 years back.

The unlimited starters were tasty and the chicken was really soft. Prawn was very mediocre. Mutton starter was amazing. Main course was fine. No one really had much of an appetite for the main course after the overdose of starters. The mutton biryani was ver very good.

The dessert section had jalebi, moong dal halwa, chocolate brownie, caramel bavarian andb lueberry yoghurt (eggless). Along with a chocolate fountain and chocolate flavoured and vanilla ice creams. they were all very very good. The chocolate in the chocolate fountain was very nice and thick.

Slightly expensive at 642/- per head but worth it if you are hungry.

Service was quick, prompt and commendable. Ambience was very good as well.
Old 8th March 2012, 14:56   #2106
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikhilb2008 View Post
Had been with my friends to Cafe Masala tonight. The last time I had gone there was almost 4 years back.

The unlimited starters were tasty and the chicken was really soft. Prawn was very mediocre. Mutton starter was amazing. Main course was fine. No one really had much of an appetite for the main course after the overdose of starters. The mutton biryani was ver very good.

The dessert section had jalebi, moong dal halwa, chocolate brownie, caramel bavarian andb lueberry yoghurt (eggless). Along with a chocolate fountain and chocolate flavoured and vanilla ice creams. they were all very very good. The chocolate in the chocolate fountain was very nice and thick.

Where is this place? Directions please. . .
Old 8th March 2012, 15:03   #2107
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitesquall View Post
Where is this place? Directions please. . .
Cafe Masala is on the 5th floor in EVA Mall, the same floor also has Aromas of China (both are part of BJN group)

Eva mall is on Brigade road extn, close to St Joseph college of Commerce.

http://www.bjngroup.in/about/overview.html
chikkars is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th March 2012, 10:00   #2108
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Swensens, HSR layout. Its a new ice-cream joint next door to KFC.
They have some awesome ice-creams. The best part is the plating/presentation for those. Its a bit pricey though. Cost us 600 ( 2 adults + 2 kids ).
The portions are large. So you might want to share if you are going there for dessert after a meal.

Last edited by m8002? : 19th March 2012 at 10:02. Reason: Mention serving size
Old 19th March 2012, 13:41   #2109
BHPian

SAKE – the roof top Pan Asian Rest & Lounge at hotel Zuri, Whitefield. Very good ambiance and awesome food; great VFM.

4 drinks, 2 appetizers, 4 main course dishes cost around 5200 inclusive of all taxes and service charge. Highly recommended!
Old 19th March 2012, 16:02   #2110
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikhilb2008 View Post

I went to Cafe Masala yesterday afternoon for lunch. The first time i had gone there, soon after it had opened, I had loved it.
The last time i went there over a year ago I was disappointed.

Yesterday, I was again pretty disappointed.

The aloo- corn tiki was good and the chicken was good. Inspite of asking multiple times there was no mutton starter given to us. The prawns were crappy, the fish was just about ok. There was no coal or any kind of heat in the serving containers (unlike BBQ Nation) and we had to send a few portions back to get stuff which was warm (not hot, warm). The only other starters we got were the paneer tikka and one other veg kabab.
So all in all, we didnt even get all the starters we had paid for. And thats what we had gone for in the first place.
They were more interested in clearing the plates, one second you look to the other side and you have no plate . Had to hold on to the plates to ensure we have them to put the food on . Service was pretty slow, had to ask them multiple times for some of the food items.

Mutton was good in the main course, the chicken was a bit too tomatoish.
Desserts were good, and so was the veg maincourse.

But then at the end of the day, we went to this place for the starters, i can get similar main courses at most places at cheaper prices and similar if not better quality.

I would recommend BBQ nation over this any day, provided you can get a booking at the specific timings they seem to have now.
But I am not going back to this place again, ever.

Last edited by sammyboy : 19th March 2012 at 16:05.
Old 20th March 2012, 11:01   #2111
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arindambasu13 View Post
...My favourite haunt for authentic Calcutta rolls in Bangalore is Lazeez, on Comm Street or in Koramangala. ...
Where about is Lazeez on Commercial? I knew there used to be an outlet outside Spencers on MG Rd - didnt really notice this one.
Old 20th March 2012, 12:10   #2112
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by s4ch View Post
Where about is Lazeez on Commercial? I knew there used to be an outlet outside Spencers on MG Rd - didnt really notice this one.
It is right next to Westside on Comm Street. On the second floor of the adjacent building. Its not very conspicuous from the road itself, i.e. there are no signboards, but if you look up, you will see the signboard on the second floor window.
Old 20th March 2012, 12:16   #2113
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arindambasu13 View Post
It is right next to Westside on Comm Street. On the second floor of the adjacent building. Its not very conspicuous from the road itself, i.e. there are no signboards, but if you look up, you will see the signboard on the second floor window.
Oh thank you, will definitely check it out, reasonable prices I assume?
Old 26th March 2012, 09:08   #2114
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by s4ch View Post
Oh thank you, will definitely check it out, reasonable prices I assume?
Absolutely. 250 bucks and two of you will be stuffed to the teeth. And groaning about the calories put on. Dont miss the biryani, Chicken Tikka Butter Masala, Chicken Kassa, and of course the rolls. Rolls are in the range of 40-60 bucks.
Old 26th March 2012, 09:26   #2115
Team-BHP Support

^^ there is a Lazeez in the Rex Theater parking-lot on Brigade Road as well. I've been frequenting that place for years now. Pretty good, and very filling. Reasonable too, considering the prices in Bangalore these days.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks