Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd July 2020, 14:23   #3766
Senior - BHPian

Re: A Guide: Eating out in Bangalore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Liner View Post
Yes, that is correct. They are annoyingly closed on all Sundays.
I think you are referring to Brahmin's coffee bar.
This one.

And others are talking about Brahmin's Tiffin. JP Nagar
kpzen is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th November 2020, 19:34   #3767
BHPian

Hard to imagine eating out during Corona virus times. Never stepped into a restaurant since March but ordered pizzas a couple of times to be home delivered. Heated them in oven before consuming though.

Now son's birthday is in a couple of weeks and we are in a fix which restaurant to go to for dinner. While I would have liked to celebrate the day in the house itself this year, my son wants to go out. Tried to convince him about the risk but could not insist more.

Any suggestions by Bhpians about the safety of dining out? Usual places would have been Sattvam, Kesariya or similar vegetarian restaurants near Sadashivnagar.
Old 25th November 2020, 21:03   #3768
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AltoLXI View Post

Any suggestions by Bhpians about the safety of dining out? Usual places would have been Sattvam, Kesariya or similar vegetarian restaurants near Sadashivnagar.
Tough luck... luckily my kids agreed for a no celebration, have you tried Higher taste in ISCKON ? , it has a dinner buffet or if you want a laid back ambience then you can think of 24th main in JP nagar , although it might be a bit far for you.
mazda4life is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th November 2020, 21:13   #3769
BHPian

Someplace where you can dine in the open would be relatively safe. There should be some rooftop ones in Bangalore, I presume.
dragonfire is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th November 2020, 21:21   #3770
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
This past weekend we visited a restaurant for a dine-in experience, first time since March this year. We had been to Konark on Residency Road. There wasn't much crowd, parking was easily available inside their campus and safety measures inside taken care of. In addition to all staff being masked up, hand sanitizer at the entrance, they've switched to the bio-degradable and disposable areca pressed plates and serving bowls. We were still alert and a bit nervous and came out happy and satisfied after a good meal, yes the food was great

They've also replaced their old booklet type menu with a single large laminated menu card.

Last edited by NPV : 25th November 2020 at 21:24.
NPV is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 25th November 2020, 23:14   #3771
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Did you check if Temple Meals in Malleshwaram (right opp CTR) is open ? Small place, tasty meals served on plantain leaves. Full course meals only.
condor is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th November 2020, 07:39   #3772
Senior - BHPian

Oh, do you hang out there? I go frequently to CTR. The By2Coffee there serves some amazing idli/kharabath
Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
Did you check if Temple Meals in Malleshwaram (right opp CTR) is open ? Small place, tasty meals served on plantain leaves. Full course meals only.

Last edited by Sebring : 26th November 2020 at 07:40.
Sebring is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th November 2020, 08:36   #3773
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebring View Post
Oh, do you hang out there? .. The By2Coffee
there serves some amazing idli/kharabath
Not that often. I am in South BLR (like you). (Most of time I head out on Kanakapura Rd).

Btw, I hear that Temple Meals and By2Coffee dont use soda in their cooking.
condor is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th November 2020, 10:55   #3774
BHPian

Quote:
We ate for the first time since March at a place called SALT in Phoenix Market City. Extreme amount of precautions (They even spray the credit card before and after swiping !). I was nervous, but outdoor seating, pre-packed cutlery and the overall safety consciousness made it a good experience.
manku is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 26th November 2020, 11:30   #3775
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Might be slightly out of your way but I would recommend Hotel Swathi. Been here a couple of time post lockdown and they seem to be taking all necessary precautions. Would recomend that you order dishes that are prepared hot and not go for dishes that could be pre-prepared and served later. For eg. I have been staying away from all kinds of meals and thalis because it would be pre-preped and have been ordering roti + side dish when I step out to eat.

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
Have always wanted to go here but never do make it there in time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebring View Post
Oh, do you hang out there? I go frequently to CTR. The By2Coffee there serves some amazing idli/kharabath
Might be time to plan a CTR TBHP meet
procrj is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 27th November 2020, 17:26   #3776
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by procrj View Post
Might be slightly out of your way but I would recommend Hotel Swathi
Whoa @procrj you took me back 3 decades, I'm not kidding it was back in 1990 that I had visited the place last and they used to serve a very nice lunch Thali!

Somehow, over the years this place dropped off my radar due to distance, difficulty in finding parking, crowded surroundings, but now that you mentioned it, it's definitely on the to do list in the near future

Also, another place nearby to Swathi well almost next door was Samrat - is it still around and any idea how the food is these days ?
Old 27th November 2020, 19:57   #3777
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NPV View Post
Whoa @procrj you took me back 3 decades, I'm not kidding it was back in 1990 that I had visited the place last and they used to serve a very nice lunch Thali!
Their lunch thali still has a lot of takers, mostly elderly who are probably regulars. Even on a weekday this place is full during lunch time.

Quote:
next door was Samrat - is it still around and any idea how the food is these days ?
Samrat is still around and food is quiet decent. I had been there last year for a family fuction.

Among all the old establishments, my favourite would be Ballal residency near brigade road. The staff are extremely courteous, food is served hot and tastes yummy. Damn, might have to go there this weeked
procrj is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 27th November 2020, 20:53   #3778
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by procrj View Post
Among all the old establishments, my favourite would be Ballal residency near brigade road. The staff are extremely courteous, food is served hot and tastes yummy. Damn, might have to go there this weeked
Yes it's our all time favourite as well, we've been long time patrons and celebrated many important occasions with family there and at one point wouldn't miss our weekly visit to the place!
Haven't been there since March though (last visit was prior to lockdown).

Last edited by NPV : 27th November 2020 at 20:58.
NPV is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th November 2020, 22:12   #3779
BHPian

Went to Communiti last week. Crowd was decent yet cautious. None of us drink in the family. Just went to meet some friends. Food has never been a strong point with Communiti. Staff is always polite and get your food quite fast.

This was my first time dining out after February.
Sreesh1009 is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 29th November 2020, 09:53   #3780
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Octy17 View Post
A must try would be Sendhoor Coffee which I visited few days back. They serve authentic South Indian breakfast with specialties being Pongal, Masala Dosa, Idly, Vada and filter coffee
Quote:
Originally Posted by majumon View Post
Fantastic place had been there last week had Paddu ( paniyaram) it was awesome and the tea I had there was one of the best. This place is at Jogupalya , Ulsoor close to Sai Baba temple.
Guys, I'd seen your posts sometime in January and had noticed there are 2 outlets named Sendhoor Coffee with the exact same font and logo on the nameboards outside their places and right opposite each other

I'd meant to ask you'll which one you'll were referring to but forgot about it since lockdown.

This morning I decided to try the place and chose the one on right side when going from Indiranagar side to Cambridge layout. This one is the smaller of the two and more like a mess, they serve on plantain leaves for dine-in. The other one is bigger and more like a darshini.

Anyways, did a take away of Idly, Vada, Pongal and it was nice and tasted very homely.

Will try the other place a week or two later.

When I enquired at the cash counter the guy said they're not related and in fact 2 different restaurants!

Last edited by NPV : 29th November 2020 at 09:56.
NPV is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks