Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th December 2020, 08:10   #3826
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: A Guide: Eating out in Bangalore

This query is for a friend who recently moved to HSR Layout. What are the good places for North Indian/Multi Cuisine food in and around HSR ?
(Places for lunch/dinner and not the Tiffin/Breakfast joints).

Edit:How is Aaranya in Teachers Colony ? Remember going there in 2004/05.

Last edited by NPV : 30th December 2020 at 08:15.
Old 30th December 2020, 08:22   #3827
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NPV View Post
This query is for a friend who recently moved to HSR Layout. What are the good places for North Indian/Multi Cuisine food in and around HSR ?
I like parathas, pav bhaji, tawa pulav and Gujju snack items, Samosa and Jalebi from Sangam Sweets in HSR. Love food from Asha Tiffin too. Their breakfast is yummy and meals are good too. And for good north indian food, I would recommend The Punjabi Rasoi. Poha from Poha on Wheels is amazing too.
creative420 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th December 2020, 09:17   #3828
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NPV View Post

Edit:How is Aaranya in Teachers Colony ? Remember going there in 2004/05.
Can try Kapoor Cafe, a pure veg Punjabi cuisine. Food is ok and has the fun of eating on a charpoy.
msdivy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th December 2020, 10:42   #3829
BHPian

There is a new pizza place called "The Pizza Bakery" right next to Coconut Grove restaurant (and run by them), on Church Street.

The pizzas were quite good, though the bread felt a tad dry and brittle. Nice bright ambience and good soft-rock music makes it good for a relaxed lunch. Good addition to the Brik Oven on Church street.

ps - Neat parking system with automatic metering now functional on Church Street and Museum road. 30/- per hour prepaid. Remember to extend on any of the automatic meters if you are planning to park longer. Fines are a steep rs 500/-.
DigitalOne is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 30th December 2020, 10:50   #3830
Distinguished - BHPian

Deeply envious of you West & South Bangaloreans. Someone please post some places in North BLR :-(.

Places near Manyata, Sahakarnagar, Jayamahal and stretching upto Yelahanka, KIAL and even Devanahalli.

Offhand I can think of:
Millers 46: Millers Road - amazing ambience and food. Parking (reasonably safe)at nearby Bhagwan MJ Hospital
Jayamahal Palace Hotel - used to serve good Indian food. Safe parking. Haven't been there recently
Irish House - RMZ Galleria Mall, Yelahanka - Nice ambience, can get pricey and noisy
Druid Garden - Sahakar Nagar - bit cheesy but a nice big restaurant with reserved basement parking
Taj Bangalore and the Quad (Windmills etc.) - KIAL. Parking is a bit screwed nowadays.
Big Brewski - Hennur. Supposed to be a great place.

Last edited by itwasntme : 30th December 2020 at 10:51.
Old 30th December 2020, 13:27   #3831
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post
Deeply envious of you West & South Bangaloreans. Someone please post some places in North BLR :-(.

Places near Manyata, Sahakarnagar, Jayamahal and stretching upto Yelahanka, KIAL and even Devanahalli.

Offhand I can think of:
Millers 46: Millers Road - amazing ambience and food. Parking (reasonably safe)at nearby Bhagwan MJ Hospital
Jayamahal Palace Hotel - used to serve good Indian food. Safe parking. Haven't been there recently
Irish House - RMZ Galleria Mall, Yelahanka - Nice ambience, can get pricey and noisy
Druid Garden - Sahakar Nagar - bit cheesy but a nice big restaurant with reserved basement parking
Taj Bangalore and the Quad (Windmills etc.) - KIAL. Parking is a bit screwed nowadays.
Big Brewski - Hennur. Supposed to be a great place.
You have a good number of eateries and pubs in KammanaHalli, kalyan nagar around the cosmopolitan club.

Sherlock Holmes.
Onesta
MTR 1869
Little Italy
Mainland China
Leon Grill
Truffles
CornerHouse Icecreams
Baskin Robins
A2B
Pizza Hut
Burger King
KFC
MacD
Thulp

Further down, around ulsoor you have Hole in the Wall cafe and another pub.
Old 20th January 2021, 14:07   #3832
Senior - BHPian

Eshanya, 4th T Block Jayanagar was a good VFM fine dining restaurant. Now they have completely stopped dining and have started serving street food.

Why eat street food on a roof-top? Could be for others and I don't mind eating street food on the streets

2/5 (1 for food, 1 for cleanliness).
Old 20th January 2021, 14:23   #3833
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by msdivy View Post
Eshanya, 4th T Block Jayanagar was a good VFM fine dining restaurant. Now they have completely stopped dining and have started serving street food.

Why eat street food on a roof-top? Could be for others and I don't mind eating street food on the streets

2/5 (1 for food, 1 for cleanliness).
They had closed the rooftop restaurant during the lockdown. Looks like they have opened it with a different theme
Old 20th January 2021, 14:38   #3834
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post
Brik Oven, Prestige trade tower next to Sophia school high grounds. It has few more restaurants. Ample parking, spacious place and good roads (if late dinner).

Nazaaraa rooftop place, Courtyard Marriott near Manyata tech park
androdev is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st January 2021, 09:47   #3835
BHPian

Since moving back to Bangalore in October I have been living in the Malleshwaram side. The last few months I have spent exploring the breakfast scene here and boy there are a lot of Dosa places here! Previously I used to stay in Marathahalli side and had hardly come to this side.

Some of the places I loved [I am sure many of these would have been discussed here]

1. CTR - Legendary dosa place which most of the Bangaloreans would have visited at least once!

2. Malleshwaram Dosa Corner - A tiny place serving super yummy dosa. Looks very simple, but dosas are great.

3. Veena Stores - Idli & Vadas is what this store is known for. I personally love their Vadas

4. Sri Raghavendra Stores - Right outside Malleshwaram railway station, this tiny store serves amazing idlis, vadas and Kesari bath.

5. Davangere Butter Dosa Hotel - As the name suggests, butter-rich dosa with a unique masala.
slayer23 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st January 2021, 11:24   #3836
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by slayer23 View Post
Since moving back to Bangalore in October I have been living in the Malleshwaram side. The last few months I have spent exploring the breakfast scene here and boy there are a lot of Dosa places here! Previously I used to stay in Marathahalli side and had hardly come to this side.

Some of the places I loved [I am sure many of these would have been discussed here]

1. CTR - Legendary dosa place which most of the Bangaloreans would have visited at least once!

2. Malleshwaram Dosa Corner - A tiny place serving super yummy dosa. Looks very simple, but dosas are great.

3. Veena Stores - Idli & Vadas is what this store is known for. I personally love their Vadas

4. Sri Raghavendra Stores - Right outside Malleshwaram railway station, this tiny store serves amazing idlis, vadas and Kesari bath.

5. Davangere Butter Dosa Hotel - As the name suggests, butter-rich dosa with a unique masala.
And now I'm stuck in Marathahalli area. When I used to stay in Frazer Town, I used to frequent breakfast places in city centre. What were your fav places in Marathahalli area?
Old 21st January 2021, 14:53   #3837
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by slayer23 View Post

You should try out -
Hotel Janatha (8th Cross) - for their masala dosa and mangalore Bajji.
Iyer's Mess (between 7th and 8th Cross) - For traditional banana leaf south indian tambrahm food.
Gulkhand (before Malleshwaram Circle, when coming from Mantri Mall)
Asha Sweets
Coffee in Halli Mane (havent tried anything else there)
NKB - Neer Dosa and lot more.

Last edited by hamster : 21st January 2021 at 14:53. Reason: Completed the list
hamster is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd January 2021, 11:18   #3838
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by creative420 View Post
And now I'm stuck in Marathahalli area. When I used to stay in Frazer Town, I used to frequent breakfast places in city centre. What were your fav places in Marathahalli area?
I was in Marathahalli back in 2015. So some of these places might have changed in quality. My most frequented place was Hotel Maria Circle [near Marathahalli bridge] for good affordable Kerala food. I also used to frequent the MMA Kebab centre and Biriyani Zone at Kundalahalli gate. I also used to go to Bageecha for beer + fried rice. Meghana Biriyani at Marathahalli was another favourite. And occasionally I would go to Windmills for their lovely craft beer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hamster View Post
You should try out -
Hotel Janatha (8th Cross) - for their masala dosa and mangalore Bajji.
Iyer's Mess (between 7th and 8th Cross) - For traditional banana leaf south indian tambrahm food.
Gulkhand (before Malleshwaram Circle, when coming from Mantri Mall)
Asha Sweets
Coffee in Halli Mane (havent tried anything else there)
NKB - Neer Dosa and lot more.
Thank you for this list! Among these Asha sweets I have tried and it is really nice! Love their snacks
Old 8th March 2021, 09:30   #3839
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Happened to try a few places recently on random city drives:
1. Asha Tiffin, HSR layout - good north Indian thali meal

2. Arogya Ahaara, Jakkasandra close to HSR layout - good south Indian Tiffin items, still felt Taaza thindi is better (owned by same group)

3. Swathi Hotel, Platform road - for nostalgia I tried their lunch thali after 30 years, yes last visit was in 1991! Decent, but looking at what most people were actually ordering there, I guess A La Carte would be a better choice

4. Breakfast combo at Chandrika hotel, Cunningham road - idly, vada, khara baath and kesari were good. But the mini masala dosa was very dry and chutney was horrendous - they served the previous day's chutney right out of the refrigerator. Had to point it out to the staff before they replaced it with fresh chutney.

*I guess I'm almost done with random sampling of new eateries and the older ones that I haven't visited in a while
NPV is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th March 2021, 12:59   #3840
BHPian

Slightly - this is not a eatery review.

Yesterday, I had been to Ladoos, BTM layout to do a take-away for 2 people. Bill for 4 parathas was 269/-. Since I had time to kill while they were preparing, and I was curious, I tried the same order on Swiggy. Bill on Swiggy was 362, an increase of 93 rupees.

Breakup of the additional rs 93/-
- For every item, the listed price on Swiggy was 10/- more than the counter listed price (which included 5% GST). Swiggy prices did not include GST.

- Delivery charges 23 rs.

- Packaging charges 15 rs; same for take-away but this included GST.

- GST 12% calculated on listed price + delivery charges + packaging charges.

So people who are fond of ordering on the apps, please be aware of how much extra you are paying. If you are close to the restaurant it makes a lot better sense to walk (also healthy !!) and do a take-away.
DigitalOne is online now   (4) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks