Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th May 2022, 23:19   #3961
BHPian

Re: A Guide: Eating out in Bangalore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oxy View Post
Then head over to Sattvam for lunch.
Where do we park car, in case we visit Sattvam JP Nagar? Does Sattvam has any parking place?
Old 11th May 2022, 08:23   #3962
Oxy
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaitanyakrish View Post
Where do we park car, in case we visit Sattvam JP Nagar? Does Sattvam has any parking place?
Ended up going to Salt that day, did not visit Sattvam.
Oxy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th May 2022, 10:23   #3963
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
There is parking space for 3-4 cars in front of the building but otherwise there is valet parking. You can also park it on the streets opposite to Sattvam and cross the ring road for the restaurant.
TorqueyTechie is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th May 2022, 15:59   #3964
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Had some work near Shivajinagar and parked at the car park in the bus stand. It was around 9am, which is actually quite early for most shopping establishments in the area, but very peaceful for us I must say

We thought of having a simple South Indian breakfast at Hotel Ashoka at Quadrant circle, turns out they open only at 10am every day, never knew this! Anyways, we completed our work and went back to Ashoka just after 10am and had fresh Idly, Vada and Dosa. This is one of the older Udupi style eateries and I must say it still retains an old world charm and food tastes good.

Unlike most other darshinis, the Udupi style sambar here is moderate spicy with just a tinge of sweetness from a little jaggery and caramelised onions (Sambar has a natural orangish colour, not the deep red from addition of food colour).

Couldn't resist a take home order of their Veg Palav (has fried bread pieces) and some Benne (Butter) Murukku and Soan papdi from their sweets stall.

Last edited by NPV : 14th May 2022 at 16:25.
NPV is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 14th May 2022, 16:09   #3965
BHPian

After moving from Basaveshwara Nagar to JP Nagar, my visit to Veena Stores had reduced drastically. Though I have been to Malleshwaram many times over the period, was not able to manage this visit.

Yesterday I was at Malleshwaram and this time didn't miss, had Idly Vade and Avalakki their and I must say I really loved them. I kind of liked their chutney more than SLV/ Brahmins.

KK
Old 14th May 2022, 19:23   #3966
BHPian

Looking for Restaurants that offer Spicy Sambar and Idli for breakfast. Any recommendations?

There used to be one small eatery near Electronic City, where the chef used to make one of the best spiciest sambar , i ever had People used to flock at his eatery just for the Sambar. He used to tell that, he is from Sigandur Area. Now, he had shifted his restaurant and I miss the taste, whenever i think of Sambar
Old 14th May 2022, 22:44   #3967
BHPian

Quote:
Looking for Restaurants that offer Spicy Sambar and Idli for breakfast. Any recommendations?
Look NO further than, SN Refreshments, JP Nagar for the spiciest sambar for idlies. I suspect he uses 'Mancutt' chillies for the same.
JMaruru is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th May 2022, 07:15   #3968
Senior - BHPian

Yeah he makes it 'strong'. Even the new Adigas on Kanakpura Road (Next to that horrible A2B) is making some fiery Sambar. I was taken by surprise, this morning
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMaruru View Post
Look NO further than, SN Refreshments, JP Nagar for the spiciest sambar for idlies. I suspect he uses 'Mancutt' chillies for the same.
Sebring is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th May 2022, 10:54   #3969
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KK_HakunaMatata View Post
After moving from Basaveshwara Nagar to JP Nagar, my visit to Veena Stores had reduced drastically. Though I have been to Malleshwaram many times over the period, was not able to manage this visit.

Yesterday I was at Malleshwaram and this time didn't miss, had Idly Vade and Avalakki their and I must say I really loved them. I kind of liked their chutney more than SLV/ Brahmins.

KK

Quoting my own post.

In this week I happened to eat Idly Vade thrice, at two places, twice at Taja Tindi, Ring road and once at Veena Stores.

Between the two, I can clearly say my favourite is Veena Stores for soft idly's and mouth watering chutney, not so watery with right thickness. Idly at Taja Tindi, though independently quite good, but in comparison felt a little sour compared to the one at Veena Stores and Chutney spicier.

Vade, I think both are good, but I can give an extra point for Taja Tindi.

Coffee was extra bitter both the times at Taja Tindi, and it was the right upto my taste at Veena Stores.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMaruru View Post
Agree, Sambar at Suryanarayana (SN) is more spicier, with additional spices (I guess usage of a little more coriander seeds than others) and I quite like it. Whenever I visit, I subconsciously drink an entire cup, spoon by spoon

KK

Last edited by KK_HakunaMatata : 15th May 2022 at 11:06.
KK_HakunaMatata is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th May 2022, 11:06   #3970
Senior - BHPian

Caught up with couple of friends for brunch yesterday at Once upon a Rooftop, Jayanagar. Since the weather was pleasant, we opted for the rooftop open area (they have a partially closed space for non smokers). We took few starters one made of lotus stem, another one made of Jackfruit, one more of Paneer. All were of varying spice levels with lotus stem one being the hottest. All were really delicious. For main course we just ordered Singapore rice which was very similar to fried rice but was tasty.

Ambience : 4/5
Food : 4/5

Place got crowded and we could see people still coming in when we were leaving at 5pm. Not noisy as well for a restobar. We all felt it would be a good place to visit during night time though. And they do air IPL matches too on a big screen. Can visit with family or friends and either ways can enjoy.
TorqueyTechie is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd May 2022, 12:18   #3971
Senior - BHPian

"Gowdara mudde mane" on Kanakpura road (near Doddakallasandra) is a military hotel famous for its mutton and other non veg dishes. Went there on Sunday noon with relatives and family. It was very crowded, but there is lot of space and we could get a table quickly. There are many options for the non vegetarians who are willing to explore all types of food and is budget friendly. We could see that they were serving alcohol on the tables, but it was never a botheration since there were lot of families in the area where we were seated. There was another only family section, but that was crowded, I guess they may not allow drinks there.

Food vlogger Krippal Ammanna was here twice, and recently with film personality Ashish Vidyarthi, episodes are available on YouTube

Last edited by gadadhar : 23rd May 2022 at 12:21.
gadadhar is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd May 2022, 12:27   #3972
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gadadhar View Post
"Gowdara mudde mane" on Kanakpura road (near Doddakallasandra) is a military hotel famous for its mutton and other non veg dishes. Went there on Sunday noon with relatives and family. It was very crowded, but there is lot of space and we could get a table quickly. There are many options for the non vegetarians who are willing to explore all types of food and is budget friendly. We could see that they were serving alcohol on the tables, but it was never a botheration since there were lot of families in the area where we were seated. There was another only family section, but that was crowded, I guess they may not allow drinks there.

Food vlogger Krippal Ammanna was here twice, and recently with film personality Ashish Vidyarthi, episodes are available on YouTube
Thank you for the recommendation. Heard of this place a lot and want to try it. Does this place have veg dishes as well as I am a vegetarian.
Old 23rd May 2022, 18:49   #3973
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowflakes View Post
Thank you for the recommendation. Heard of this place a lot and want to try it. Does this place have veg dishes as well as I am a vegetarian.
They have something on the menu for sure, but not sure if it is a good idea to got to a military hotel for a veg meal
gadadhar is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd May 2022, 20:51   #3974
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowflakes View Post
Are you the type of vegetarian who is ok to have biriyani after removing the chicken pieces If not, why on earth would you even want to go to a place famous for non-veg food?
Old 23rd May 2022, 21:01   #3975
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by TorqueyTechie View Post
...Once upon a Rooftop, Jayanagar...
Their other restaurant, Krazzy Folds, has a pretty nice menu too.

It used to be located elsewhere (nearer to 4th block, Cool Joint junction), but last I knew were in the process of relocating to the space a floor below Once upon a Rooftop. They were doing takeaways from the same kitchen, seating floor may be open now too.
Chetan_Rao is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks