Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd October 2022, 23:09   #4051
BHPian

Re: A Guide: Eating out in Bangalore

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkrishnakj View Post
I went ‘again’ to ‘Gavran Misal’ at HSR. I had tried in a couple of places over the last decade and this small place turns out to be the best Misal I’ve had in years.

My wife is already thinking of a Saturday lunch there, again.
This was the first visit for me to Gavran Misal after they moved to the new location. I felt the taste has changed a bit. Especially now the spice level here is something you get in Kolhapur compared to say Pune or Mumbai. I tried solkadi for the first time here, found it bit sweetish.

A Guide: Eating out in Bangalore-img_20221022_194748.jpg

A Guide: Eating out in Bangalore-img_20221022_194654.jpg
thirugata is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd October 2022, 00:21   #4052
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkrishnakj View Post
I went ‘again’ to ‘Gavran Misal’ at HSR. I had tried in a couple of places over the last decade and this small place turns out to be the best Misal I’ve had in years.

My wife is already thinking of a Saturday lunch there, again.
Also try Puneri vada near hsr on Kudlu road.
Vid6639 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd October 2022, 08:27   #4053
Senior - BHPian

Bengaluru restaurants, food streets and hole in the wall establishments have come together to celebrate dishes that late actor Punith Rajkumar took keen interest in. As part of Gandhada Gudi Food Festival/Flavours of Gandhada Gudi, these eateries are bringing on their menu items that the actor relished and promoted.

Time to hop on a food trek and enjoy the culinary richness that only a nati Bengaluru can offer!
dailydriver is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 23rd October 2022, 10:40   #4054
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dailydriver View Post
As part of Gandhada Gudi Food Festival/Flavours of Gandhada Gudi, these eateries are bringing on their menu items that the actor relished and promoted.
Where can I find more info about this? And is this happening in VV Puram food street in general or is this at some specific place?
Old 23rd October 2022, 11:38   #4055
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pandey.jai View Post
Where can I find more info about this? And is this happening in VV Puram food street in general or is this at some specific place?
Even Paakashala (previous Vasudeva Adigas) have come up with a veg menu for this occasion, but nothing in that menu looks like a new item/recipe.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CkAGhRLK..._web_copy_link

Last edited by thirugata : 23rd October 2022 at 11:42.
thirugata is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 23rd October 2022, 11:42   #4056
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pandey.jai View Post
This is spread across Bengaluru.

VV Puram is of course part of this; but as usual, it will be an all vegetarian fare there.

However, Punith was known to be rather fond of non vegetarian dishes and therefore outlets have gone over the top promoting their fares.

Couple of youtube videos on the same:

PS: No affiliations or personal interests.
dailydriver is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 27th October 2022, 20:34   #4057
Senior - BHPian

Im looking to go for a breakfast drive on my 1 month old Jeep Compass, I have been driving solely in bumper to bumper traffic conditions, so really want to take the car out for a peaceful short drive with my wife and son. I stay near phoenix mall, so anywhere towards the north or east part of the city works. I can leave a bit early on Saturday morning and hopefully be back by noon. I was thinking of going towards the airport owing to the decent roads, but not sure where to go. Any suggestions would be great!
Old 28th October 2022, 00:19   #4058
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by motorworks View Post
Im looking to go for a breakfast drive on my 1 month old Jeep Compass, I have been driving solely in bumper to bumper traffic conditions, so really want to take the car out for a peaceful short drive with my wife and son. I stay near phoenix mall, so anywhere towards the north or east part of the city works. I can leave a bit early on Saturday morning and hopefully be back by noon. I was thinking of going towards the airport owing to the decent roads, but not sure where to go. Any suggestions would be great!
Maiyas on Tirupati highway (little beyond Kolar) is about an hour from Whitefield and could be a good option. Saturdays have bad traffic but if you can go on Sundays, Shoolagiri beyond Hosur is also an hour of peaceful drive and has Sarvana Bhavan etc. Toward airport road, you can go to the restaurant in Prestige Golfshire near Nandi hills. These are the places I used to go when I got my new car last year
CosmicWizard is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 29th October 2022, 06:48   #4059
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by motorworks View Post
May be a bit late, but try The Filter Coffee, HRBR Layout, Kalyan Nagar. The kesri baath is so good I want to go again, soon!

The previous day, I had been to the MTR branch, close by. The main branch has degraded a bit in quality, but the branch was worse. The vada was cold, the dosa was burnt and the sambar was unremarkable. The mint chutney, always asked for for refills, has no takers now, the absence of the mint fragrance explaining why.

At TFC (cheeky!), the vada was piping hot, the sambar is Chennai style (rose onions!) and the dosa was superb, with a delicate (not over spiced) and fresh tasting filling. One could see care was taken to maintain quality. The waiter kept the chutney(s!) and the sambar topped up. The white coconut chutney was real coconut, not soya substitute, and we could taste the tomato in the red chutney.

Knowledgeable critics list this place as having the best dosa in town. Some also remark it as over priced. The crowd outside (don't go on weekends, if possible) seem not to mind. All I know is that this is going to be my go to place for breakfast, and lunch, for a while.

Disclaimer
I have no connections with the establishment.

Last edited by proton : 29th October 2022 at 06:54.
proton is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th October 2022, 15:52   #4060
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NPV View Post
anyone tried Cafe Amudham on Siddapura road near Lalbagh/Hosur road ? I heard it's good.
Tried Cafe Amudham today with friends. Ended up tasting almost all items on the menu except the Pooris

The Thatte Idly, Mini idli in Sambar, Mini Vada, Pongal were really good and the accompaniments (Sambar and 3 types of Chutneys) were all excellent

The Dosas was underwhelming though, too thick and not crisp, avoidable I think.
Coffee was excellent and the Fresh fruit juices got a big thumbs up from the friends.
NPV is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 29th October 2022, 20:24   #4061
Senior - BHPian

Rameshwaram Cafe has opened new outlet at Brookefield. Quite big and and we went on weekday for breakfast. Was crowded but was manageable. Tried Masala dose, podi idli, vada and Coffee. Taste was good, dose was drenched in ghee and super crispy. Samabr was more of TN style.
PrideRed is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th October 2022, 11:26   #4062
BHPian

Visited Arogya Ahara, HSR Layout today.
It has limited options for breakfast, but what they server is really tasty.
You can expect piping hot food and buzzing crowd here.
Easily the cheapest food I have had in a while. 2 masala dosas, chow chow bath, 2 coffee was just 110 Rs.
Kara bath was kind of mix of upma and vangi bath. They dont serve Samar with idli- vada and dosa, its only chutney is what you get, but it is good.
What you get is bit smaller portion of food, but tasty and served really quickly.
Would certainly go again.
thirugata is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th October 2022, 13:17   #4063
Senior - BHPian

I am planning to catch up with friends on Nov 1st evening. Need recommendation for a good quaint cafe (read not too noisy) and a nice place for dinner in HSR layout/Koramangala. Open for any cuisine as long as there are good veggies options. Any suggestions please?
Old 4th November 2022, 09:24   #4064
BHPian

Starbucks co-founder had Dosae and filter coffee at Vidyarthi Bhavan. He may have wondered why the price is more than 10 times lesser

https://indianexpress.com/article/ci...visit-8248554/
Attached Thumbnails
A Guide: Eating out in Bangalore-starbucks.jpg  

PreludeSH is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th November 2022, 13:17   #4065
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TorqueyTechie View Post
I am planning to catch up with friends on Nov 1st evening. Need recommendation for a good quaint cafe (read not too noisy) and a nice place for dinner in HSR layout/Koramangala. Open for any cuisine as long as there are good veggies options. Any suggestions please?
I had been to Dome Cafe at HSR for this meet. As the name suggests, there are 3 tables inside a dome all of which were decorated romantically (maybe advanced booking for dates) while there is quite a few normal tables as well both inside and outside. Cafe provides hookah as well (non tobacco one) and all tables outside were occupied with people smoking those.

Food and ambience were ok nothing too great. Loaded fries were good though.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks