Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st August 2011, 00:01   #1741
Team-BHP Support

Re: A Guide: Eating out in Bangalore

Quote:
Originally Posted by amohit View Post
^ Plan B sounds very tempting. Is there any any thing for the veggies there? Not for me..for my wife

Regards,
Not sure, but you do get some amazing potato wedges and fries. I'm sure there will be something for the vegans.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kap04 View Post
Has anyone visited "Toscano" at the Forum value mall ? Reviews seem to be promising...
I've been to Toscano in UB City. I'm assuming it's the same one? I enjoyed my meal at Toscano, thoroughly. The ambiance that UB City provides, along with the open-air dining that Toscano UB City is known for, is brilliant. Loved the food too. The Pizzas and Pastas were out of this World!
Old 21st August 2011, 11:00   #1742
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Tried Cream Centre at 100 ft Rd Indirangar yesterday. A Pure veg. place with a good selection of starters and main course (includes indian, mexican and lebanese food).
The servings are a bit smaller for the prices but tasty stuff. We tried these:
Starters-Corn Cheese balls, French Fries
Main course - Falafel, Tawa Parathas, Veg. Makhanwala
Desserts - Single scoop Hot fudge nut sundae, triple Sundae
Did not try any of their other signature dishes we'd heard about, worth a shot definitely.
NPV is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd August 2011, 10:53   #1743
BHPian

Can you please give landmarks etc to locate the place?

thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NPV View Post
Tried Cream Centre at 100 ft Rd Indirangar yesterday. A Pure veg. place with a good selection of starters and main course (includes indian, mexican and lebanese food).
The servings are a bit smaller for the prices but tasty stuff. We tried these:
Starters-Corn Cheese balls, French Fries
Main course - Falafel, Tawa Parathas, Veg. Makhanwala
Desserts - Single scoop Hot fudge nut sundae, triple Sundae
Did not try any of their other signature dishes we'd heard about, worth a shot definitely.
Old 22nd August 2011, 19:04   #1744
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sriturl View Post
Can you please give landmarks etc to locate the place?

thanks.
Easy to locate:
When going on 100 feet road from domlur end towards CMH road end you will get 12th main junction (Sony service centre on the left). Continue straight on 100 ft road, past Croma, then couple of buildings later you will find a Reid & Taylor showroom. In the same building you will find Cream Centre on 2nd floor.
Old 22nd August 2011, 19:17   #1745
mkh
Senior - BHPian

Has anyone tried out this place near Thippasandra NH7? I hope i got the name right but its supposed to be Rajasthan food in lines with Rajdhani? A similar concept of unlimited thali but Maharashtra flavor food has opened on JB Nagar, forgot the name but its very nice( pure veg). I guess this concept has taken off!
Old 22nd August 2011, 19:23   #1746

Quote:
Originally Posted by arijit View Post
Hey Hatari, even me going to Blore....but a week later than you. Will be there for a couple of days. So the infos you are getting here, am too noting them down.

Hello B'loreans.... where do you get Kannada food ? And what are the specialty dishes which cannot be missed?
(You get pizzas/biriyanis..maybe slight diffnt/kebabs every where). I love food and would not want to miss out on your local favourites.

Pls advise.
You can try MTR opposite to Lalbagh for authentic Bangalore/South Indian food.

Vijay
Old 22nd August 2011, 21:36   #1747
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vbnadgir View Post

Vijay
That was posted in 2005.

Halli Mane to the list. It's quality has gone down though. I feel its over hyped a bit.
Old 22nd August 2011, 21:53   #1748
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkh View Post
Has anyone tried out this place near Thippasandra NH7? I hope i got the name right but its supposed to be Rajasthan food in lines with Rajdhani? A similar concept of unlimited thali but Maharashtra flavor food has opened on JB Nagar, forgot the name but its very nice( pure veg). I guess this concept has taken off!

It is called "NH 8" and is above Bata Showroom on 80 Feet Road. It is a Rajasthani thali and food is decent.

BTW, where is that Maharashtra flavour food in JB (I am assuming you mean Jeevan Bima) Nagar.?
Old 22nd August 2011, 21:58   #1749
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkh View Post
It's called NH8 (from the Delhi Jaipur highway). Tried it, food was good but nothing out of the ordinary. I think the Thali was priced Rs.149 (or was it Rs.199 ?)
However, I found Chowka on New Thippasandra main road to be more VFM than NH8.
I think the one in JB nagar main road that you are referring to is Good Luck or something like that. I still haven't been there, first thing that came to mind when I saw that name - hope they don't use customers as lab rats for something new they experiment and then hoping that with good luck we'll survive it if anything goes wrong
Old 23rd August 2011, 12:01   #1750
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vbnadgir View Post

Vijay
Quote:
Originally Posted by sachinj12 View Post
That was posted in 2005.

It's quality has gone down though. I feel its over hyped a bit.
Agree...
Frankly speaking, It's not worth waiting in a queue for almost 1 to 1.5hrs to have a lunch on weekends here . But those who have patience and wanna try authentic food, can give a try once.
Had been there 15 days back had snacks ..........All I can say is They were very good till an year back, but somehow feel the taste is not upto the mark now.

Last edited by sushrutha : 23rd August 2011 at 12:07.
Old 1st September 2011, 19:26   #1751
Senior - BHPian

Oye Amritsar at Royal Meenakshi mall: dont go there. Bad food, worse service and horrible ambience. The food is a disgrace to north indian cuisine.
And they have some cheap off the shelf music system that plays equally cheap forgotten hindi songs. Any request to lower the volume falls on ears that have probably gone deaf from that music.
amitoj is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd September 2011, 08:28   #1752
Distinguished - BHPian

Had been to this Spanish restaurant called El Tablao. It is next to Sony World at Koramangala.

Expensive place: 700/- per head with 3 Sangrias and 3 Fresh Lime Sodas.

Now the good stuff: Service is quick. Food is excellent with the exception of the pork sausages.

The Paella is a rice dish which is named after the dish it is cooked in. We had the Paella Valenciana which comes with a lot of chicken and seafood like Prawns, Mussels, Squid, etc.... It was awesome.

The wings in lemon and chilli sauce were very good but a little short on quantity. The Lamb Cutlet is actually lamb chops and was very soft and succulent but again very small quantity.

the potato wedges were also good. The dip they had was nice and made you want to eat more of the wedges!

The Veggies amongst us had some veg quesedillas and it was really really good. As good as veg food goes! :P

For dessert, we tried a chocolate cake and a walnut pudding. The Walnut pudding is served with some honey drizzled over it and is absolutely mindblowingly awesome. I was the PERFECT end to the meal.
Nikhilb2008 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd September 2011, 08:38   #1753
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitoj View Post
Oye Amritsar at Royal Meenakshi mall: dont go there. Bad food, worse service and horrible ambience. The food is a disgrace to north indian cuisine.
And they have some cheap off the shelf music system that plays equally cheap forgotten hindi songs. Any request to lower the volume falls on ears that have probably gone deaf from that music.
Completely agree, I had a similar experience at Oye amritsar, Koramangala branch. Not to forget, they are exorbitantly priced for what they serve. Dinner for 3 adults came to 2400 in this shabby place!
Old 2nd September 2011, 10:04   #1754
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarthikK View Post
Completely agree, I had a similar experience at Oye amritsar, Koramangala branch. Not to forget, they are exorbitantly priced for what they serve. Dinner for 3 adults came to 2400 in this shabby place!
Same here. Had a similar experience at Oye Amritsar Koramangala.

Decided never to visit the place again.

Rohan
Old 2nd September 2011, 10:08   #1755
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikhilb2008 View Post
I was the PERFECT end to the meal.
You were the perfect end to the meal? How are you typing then .

Anyway jokes apart, gotta try the place out. I like nice spanish food.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks