Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th July 2021, 12:23   #1816
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)
Re: All Income Tax Queries (refunds, disputes, rates etc...)

I am facing a wierd issue in the new IT portal when filing for my wife.

The IT profile has all details ( Ph, address, aadhar, email ) correctly.
The aadhar is linked to PAN.
The external PAN website has the same ph, aadhar, email details correctly.

But the IT site, tells there is mismatch in PAN and show the Ph and email as empty ( Name, DOB etc are shown the same in both ). Basically, it looks like its not pulling the PH and email for the specific PAN.

If I still go ahead to file the returns, it shows the personal information like Name, ph, address,etc as blank.

Any clue how to resolve/link this? Thanks.
Old 5th July 2021, 10:20   #1817
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by m8002? View Post
I am facing a wierd issue in the new IT portal when filing for my wife.

The IT profile has all details ( Ph, address, aadhar, email ) correctly.
The aadhar is linked to PAN.
The external PAN website has the same ph, aadhar, email details correctly.

But the IT site, tells there is mismatch in PAN and show the Ph and email as empty ( Name, DOB etc are shown the same in both ). Basically, it looks like its not pulling the PH and email for the specific PAN.

If I still go ahead to file the returns, it shows the personal information like Name, ph, address,etc as blank.

Any clue how to resolve/link this? Thanks.

Tried today morning and the system now shows the details from PAN and also fills in the name, phone, address, etc. Though it still tells there is a mismatch and doesnt pull the phone and email automatically for PAN.

Now in the verification page, it keeps telling that there is amount/desc missing in other income(bank interest ) and doesnt allow to proceed.
Old 7th July 2021, 18:33   #1818
BHPian

Have a question on GST and 44ada,

i am freelancer and have to register under GST, now if i file my return under 44ada , do i need to maintain accounts ?

Thanks,
Old 8th July 2021, 11:29   #1819
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by m8002? View Post
Tried today morning and the system now shows the details from PAN and also fills in the name, phone, address, etc. Though it still tells there is a mismatch and doesnt pull the phone and email automatically for PAN.

Now in the verification page, it keeps telling that there is amount/desc missing in other income(bank interest ) and doesnt allow to proceed
Tried after a couple of days and the verification page missing details issue is resolved on its own.

But I am not able to verify now. When using the PAN-Aadhar link, it again tells they are not linked.
If I use the old postal verification option, then gives an error "Something went wrong" which seems not very helpful.
m8002? is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th July 2021, 11:32   #1820

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustStarted View Post
Have a question on GST and 44ada,

i am freelancer and have to register under GST, now if i file my return under 44ada , do i need to maintain accounts ?

Thanks,
Under Section 44ADA, you need not maintain any books of accounts as long as the total gross receipts from your profession do not exceed Rs. 50 lakhs during the year.

However, for the purpose of GST, mainly if you are issuing B2B invoices, it is convenient to maintain at least a sales book or a voucher for ease.
SatJordan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th July 2021, 23:08   #1821

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreyNomad View Post
Hi, I’m a noob at personal financial management. Hence I have always used a CA for the same. But one of the fallout’s of covid has been that he has had to wind up his practice and joking a job that is quite demanding. Ergo, I’m on the lookout for a new CA.
Does anyone here provide/use CA services for filing of IT returns? If yes, any suggestions for a mumbai based CA?
Hi,

If you are close to Dadar area, you can utilise the expert services of:

Sushma Patkar & Sanjay Patkar
No. 3, Anmol Apartments, Sakharam Keer Road, Shivaji Park, Mumbai-400016, Maharashtra, India 98204 75433

They are erstwhile family CAs.

Hope this helps.
Kulin_Shah is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th July 2021, 12:00   #1822
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kulin_Shah View Post
Hi,

If you are close to Dadar area, you can utilise the expert services of:

Sushma Patkar & Sanjay Patkar
No. 3, Anmol Apartments, Sakharam Keer Road, Shivaji Park, Mumbai-400016, Maharashtra, India 98204 75433

They are erstwhile family CAs.

Hope this helps.
Hello,
I wanted to send you a message directly but was not able to. Wanted to check with you if you have personally availed the services of the CAs you have mentioned above. I am on the lookout for someone credible to conduct a valuation

thanks in advance
Old 15th July 2021, 16:44   #1823

Quote:
Originally Posted by hothatchaway View Post
Hello,
I wanted to send you a message directly but was not able to. Wanted to check with you if you have personally availed the services of the CAs you have mentioned above. I am on the lookout for someone credible to conduct a valuation

thanks in advance
Yes, they were our family CAs for many years. Now that we have all retired we are doing all the IT works ourselves. You can mention Mahendra C Shah Architect. I am his son.

Hope this helps.
Regards
Kulin_Shah is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st July 2021, 17:48   #1824
BHPian

Hi Guys,
I'm in a process of selling a residential land(acquired this year after my parent demise). The sale consideration is above Rs.50 lakhs and hence buyer is about to deduct 1% TDS from the sale consideration. I wanted to know the procedure to claim this 1% TDS deducted. Also i recently purchased a land(sale consideration of bought land more than sold land) this month and can i claim this bought land to the land i sold when asking for refund to Government? Any help/guide on how to go about this would be of great help.

Thanks in advance for the help.

Regards,
Ramki
Old 21st July 2021, 19:04   #1825
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramki067 View Post
The sale consideration is above Rs.50 lakhs and hence buyer is about to deduct 1% TDS from the sale consideration. I wanted to know the procedure to claim this 1% TDS deducted.
If the seller remits this amount correctly, it will appear in your Form 24AS. When you prepare your ITR, include these details and your net tax payable / refund due will be calculated after adjusting this amount.
binand is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd July 2021, 21:05   #1826
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by binand View Post
If the seller remits this amount correctly, it will appear in your Form 24AS. When you prepare your ITR, include these details and your net tax payable / refund due will be calculated after adjusting this amount.
Is the procedure on how to file ITR for this mentioned online somewhere? Could i get a link for this please?
Old 23rd July 2021, 22:50   #1827
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramki067 View Post
Is the procedure on how to file ITR for this mentioned online somewhere? Could i get a link for this please?
You should meet a tax consultant.

I had sold a flat back in 2018. Here is what I did. In my case there was a net capital loss so I didn't have to worry about reinvesting etc.

Fill up the details of the sale in Schedule CG (LTCG from sale of land/building). This schedule will calculate the capital gains income (after indexation etc.) accrued via the sale of property.

Then fill up the details of the TDS in Details of Tax Paid section.

The CG becomes part of your total income (TI) and tax on it is calculated appropriately (TTI). The TDS is adjusted against the tax due and a further tax demand is made, or the refund due to you calculated.
binand is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 24th July 2021, 18:44   #1828
Senior - BHPian

Re: Only 1% of India pays income tax, govt shows proof

Filing IT returns on the new portal is nothing short of a nightmare.

The new IT returns website has a mind of its own with constant hangs, "something went wrong" messages and numerous glitches and slow response. Looks like it has been developed like an amateur college project and is very buggy.
It was much simpler, straight forward and faster to fill in the returns in the earlier portal last year.

Last edited by for_cars1 : 24th July 2021 at 18:47.
for_cars1 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th July 2021, 19:33   #1829
BHPian

Re: Only 1% of India pays income tax, govt shows proof

Quote:
Originally Posted by for_cars1 View Post
Filing IT returns on the new portal is nothing short of a nightmare.

The new IT returns website has a mind of its own with constant hangs, "something went wrong" messages and numerous glitches and slow response. Looks like it has been developed like an amateur college project and is very buggy.
It was much simpler, straight forward and faster to fill in the returns in the earlier portal last year.
It actually is a nightmare to fill in now. They have actually complicated the whole process and now even data from 26AS is also not getting populated properly forget about the other sources such as Dividend and LT/ST gains. I have been tying to complete it for a month now but every time back out because of the niggles in the system.
Old 27th July 2021, 17:12   #1830
Distinguished - BHPian

After wrestling for more than 3 hours with the new IT website, I finally filed my return today. Not the first time I tried to file though. I had tried and backed out at least 3-4 times before. Even today, I had to face a lot of hurdles, of which I even lost the count. Even form 26AS data is not reflecting and I filled it manually. Once I was at the last step and I was abruptly logged out. Upon logging back, surprisingly, there was no draft & I had to fill up all the details again. The website kept throwing errors & warnings all along. What a mess they have made of a process which hardly took 15-20 minutes earlier for simple salaried people like me. I am glad that it's over for at least one year now. Very poor development by Infosys I must say.

Question to people who have already filed : How long did it take to process the ITR and how much time for refund processing?

Another couple of big misses- I haven't received any acknowledgment mail for confirming the filing of ITR!! The website shows ITR is filed and thankfully I had downloaded the acknowledgment just after filing because I am not able to download the form or the acknowledgment now.

Last edited by vb-saan : 27th July 2021 at 18:26. Reason: As requested
saket77 is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks