Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th April 2013, 17:01   #2521
Team-BHP Support

re: The IPL Thread (Fantasy game league details on pg 238)

Quote:
Originally Posted by normally_crazy View Post
Gayle's dancing after getting 2 tail enders out in the match where he made tha 175 wasn't in good taste too. And I'm not saying this because I am a PWI supporter ...
See, there's a difference. That Gangnam style dance step is his signature celebration. He isn't mocking them, he's celebrating the fall of wickets. Bhajji on the other hand is intentionally mocking him by dancing like that.
Old 28th April 2013, 17:19   #2522
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suhaas307 View Post
That Gangnam style dance step is his signature celebration. He isn't mocking them, he's celebrating the fall of wickets. Bhajji on the other hand is intentionally mocking him by dancing like that.
Gayle's is Gangnam style & Bajji's is called Bhangnam style !
Quote:
Originally Posted by PPS View Post
Crowd forgot that I play for India also, says Virat Kohli
Kohli is such a character that even when he plays for India, he will get booed by Indian crowd.
Quote:
Originally Posted by shankar.balan View Post
Chris Gayle's effortless batting brings to mind a Top Golfer Tee ing off on a Golf Course. The way he treats bowlers is almost as if the balls they bowl are stationary, sitting ducks, when he decides to smack them clean out of the stadium...
True, Gayle has so little backlift or follow through, that it seems unlikely that ball will clear the field. But he would have generated so much power and timing is right that ball sails over the field. He is vastly improved player, since his days with KKR in IPL.
Old 28th April 2013, 17:21   #2523
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

Bhajji brings to mind an ill behaved boor. Why cant he be a proper sportsman in his behaviour?
Old 28th April 2013, 19:16   #2524
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
See, there's a difference. That Gangnam style dance step is his signature celebration. He isn't mocking them, he's celebrating the fall of wickets. Bhajji on the other hand is intentionally mocking him by dancing like that.
Oh wow ! Gayle wasn't mocking them ??? I believe he was - I scored 175 and now you can't even face my bowling !!
Old 28th April 2013, 19:56   #2525
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Oh wow ! Gayle wasn't mocking them ??? I believe he was - I scored 175 and now you can't even face my bowling !!
NC

Nope, it wasn't mocking. This isn't the first time he has danced on the pitch. And everyone knows it's 'his' thing.

Now if Bhajji hadn't danced like Gayle usually does, then it's cool. If Bhajji had done his own thing, it would have been alright. But he quite clearly mocked him by doing exactly what Gayle does. It was an extremely nasty thing to do.

Also, Kohli has a point. Sure, he's hot headed and a sore loser. And he may be India's future captain, but I just don't see it in him. He's way to aggressive. But the fact of the matter is, he does have a point.
Old 28th April 2013, 20:02   #2526
PPS
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
The fact of the matter is - Yuvi and Kohli - both think they are studs but they are typical bullies who don't like it when they get it back.
Agree with your statement. They both need to take the good with the bad! What they should remember is Tendulkar himself has been booed on our grounds, so who are they! Infact so a clip on youtube where someone from the crowd abused Kohli while going back after the presentation & our man reacted as usual!

Quote:
That Gangnam style dance step is his signature celebration.
That's PSY's signature step! The whole Windies team were imitating that step remember when they had won the T-20 World Cup.
Old 29th April 2013, 13:56   #2527
Senior - BHPian

I believe Bhajji's dance was moronic. At least bravo and gayle have rhythm.
Fun part will be if Gayle faces bhajji again in playoffs how he is gonna react.
Old 29th April 2013, 15:15   #2528
Senior - BHPian

There was so much hype around Gayle and those idotic Ranjikant type jokes around him everywhere on the internet, smses, tv etc that it was getting a bit too monotonous. I guess Bhajji deserves credit for taking his wicket, weather he dances well or that wicket would have made anyone celebrate.
Old 29th April 2013, 15:36   #2529
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I have to say, Bhajji's taunt wasn't in good taste. And I'm not saying this because I'm a RCB supporter.
Suhaas, cool it, everyone is entitled to have a dance, whether it is to imitate or decimate an opponent, bhajji for all that I dont like him, he has character and he was lucky and he celebrated. (I would have loved a balle balle though).

Quote:
Gayle's dancing after getting 2 tail enders out in the match where he made tha 175 wasn't in good taste too. And I'm not saying this because I am a PWI supporter
Ohh that cranky little fellow. If he cannot handle a little heckling in the IPL , how the hell is he going to handle the jeering and booing when he goes abroad ??

It happened with Yuvraj too at Wankhede and he couldn't take it too.

When the Eden gardens can boo players of other franchisees, why single out Wankhede ?

The fact of the matter is - Yuvi and Kohli - both think they are studs but they are typical bullies who don't like it when they get it back.

They better learn fast else...
Why shouldn't a guy who scores 175 and picks a couple of wickets too not celebrate ? He has earned his right to do that, in what way did he irritate or insult the opposition, it is all how we look at it. Maybe you wanted PWI to win, so you are hurt.

As for me, Gayle is a one time player when everything went for him as against the PWI bowlers, but when he met a determined MI, he was shown his place.

Mitch and Malinga bowled beautifully to the useless Dilshan and to Gayle, with the help of all that hostile bowling, Bhajji reaped the reward, only just.

As for the booing abroad that Kohli's going to get, I doubt it, all other cricketing nations are sportive.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PPS View Post
What they should remember is Tendulkar himself has been booed on our grounds
This has never happened in any ground in India and will never happen in future too, get your facts right.

The one sick thing I saw in that match was when AB got out and he simply, quietly walked up the stairs to the dressing room when a few 'MAD' MI supporters used profanities and showed their fists at him, it was very sad to see that as a cricket lover. And AB never taunted the crowd or did anything wrong, in fact he just got out for 2 runs, is this the way we treat our cricket players (when we are fans of the game) ?

Last edited by esteem_lover : 29th April 2013 at 15:42.
Old 29th April 2013, 16:33   #2530
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by esteem_lover View Post
Why shouldn't a guy who scores 175 and picks a couple of wickets too not celebrate ? He has earned his right to do that, in what way did he irritate or insult the opposition, it is all how we look at it. Maybe you wanted PWI to win, so you are hurt.
So why shouldnt a bowler who has got the batsman of the IPL out cheap not celebrate ? Bhajji earned it too and he did the Gangnam! Just because Gayle did it one match before, what Bhajji did turns into an insult ?

And me a PWI supporter ? I hope at least Sahara Shri is supporting them this time
Old 29th April 2013, 17:01   #2531
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

So why shouldnt a bowler who has got the batsman of the IPL out cheap not celebrate ? Bhajji earned it too and he did the Gangnam! Just because Gayle did it one match before, what Bhajji did turns into an insult ?

And me a PWI supporter ? I hope at least Sahara Shri is supporting them this time
There was nothing wrong in anyones celebration, it is a sport damnit. Why should we think of a sportsman as an enemy ? Every dude however insignificant has the right to do a dance ( it is surely not insulting unless some vulgar words are used to hurt another player. Personally, I do not give a damn to what Gayle scored, I am happy with someone like Mr. Cricket who does not have any moves, but just delivers match after match,. He was just 5 runs shy last night without any pyrotechnics.
Old 29th April 2013, 17:44   #2532
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
This has never happened in any ground in India and will never happen in future too, get your facts right.
Facts ? Sorry to break your bubble but Sachin has indeed been booed in Wankhede ! Google it.
Old 29th April 2013, 17:49   #2533
BHPian

Quote:
I am not very sure, but I did find few articles mentioning the same.
Here is one of them:
http://www.dnaindia.com/sport/101895...chin-tendulkar

Courtesy: DNA
Old 29th April 2013, 17:51   #2534
Senior - BHPian

Saurabh Tiwary will surely be missed in the next auction

Also, every team has atleast 2 or 3 players whose names also one wouldn't even know and god knows when they contributed. Will be good if the team size is reduced too. We can easily have 200+ scores!
Old 29th April 2013, 17:58   #2535
Senior - BHPian

[ QUOTE="heavy_foot;3108241"]

Facts ? Sorry to break your bubble but Sachin has indeed been booed in Wankhede ! Google it.[/quote]

Googled it and found some cheap taunts made by a few cheap 'fans'.
QUOTE="MotoNanu;3108247"]

I am not very sure, but I did find few articles mentioning the same.
Here is one of them:
http://www.dnaindia.com/sport/101895...chin-tendulkar

Courtesy: DNA[/quote]

Yes, there is no such article in espncricinfo. There are always a few bitter ones when sachin is involved.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks