Team-BHP > Shifting gears

Search this Thread
Old 17th May 2013, 13:27   #2581
Senior - BHPian

re: The IPL Thread (Fantasy game league details on pg 238)

It was life as usual on the IPL TV coverage last night. There was lots of fun and dancing and giggling on Xtraa Innings, but no room for Xtraa talks. It was as if nothing has happened. Wonder how they will manage today when RR meets SRH !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliAtenza View Post
The fact that the owner of CSK, just so happens to be the president of the BCCI, is itself, very telling. Who is to say he isnt rigging the whole tournament for his team.
On the other hand, it is very surprising that a powerful liquor baron and MP is unable to rig the tournament to at least get his team to the last 4. I am sure he will have a lot of underworld connections.

Whatever the result of the upcoming CSK vs RCB match, I am sure it is rigged.
Old 17th May 2013, 13:31   #2582
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by esteem_lover View Post

On the other hand, it is very surprising that a powerful liquor baron and MP is unable to rig the tournament to at least get his team to the last 4. I am sure he will have a lot of underworld connections.

True.

But the liquor baron / MP is more broke than I am.

At the end of the day, I think it's the money that talks and not the power. I know this is probably a sweeping statement to make, but CSK have a lot going for them just because they're owned by a guy who practicality runs the whole show.
Old 17th May 2013, 13:35   #2583
BHPian

Quote:
It was life as usual on the IPL TV coverage last night. There was lots of fun and dancing and giggling on Xtraa Innings, but no room for Xtraa talks. It was as if nothing has happened. Wonder how they will manage today when RR meets SRH !!

Of course nothing happened, thats what they want you to think. lol, as a RCB supporter, i am disappointed about how our season has gone, again. Maybe Mallya is honest and we are just that bad as a bowling unit :(. Or who knows, the next match could be fixed . Either way, i dont want SRH to make it; all of their supporters are just bandwagoners. Best way to stop or reduce fixing; increase the player salaries across the board. That way, the players have much less incentive to fix games. Not everyone can grab endorsement deals like Dhoni, Kohli, et al, to get money on top of what they are being paid by their national sides or franchises.
Old 17th May 2013, 13:37   #2584
Senior - BHPian

I was secretly praying and hoping that the BCCI chairman and the IPL Incharge would step down taking the moral responsibility of the mess.

My heart goes out to Rahul Dravid, he had led the team from the front and justified his team's entry in the last 4. I guess the morale of the team will be in complete doldrums and if they dont make it to finals then blame it on the scandal.
Old 17th May 2013, 13:37   #2585
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suhaas307 View Post
True.

At the end of the day, I think it's the money that talks and not the power. I know this is probably a sweeping statement to make, but CSK have a lot going for them just because they're owned by a guy who practicality runs the whole show.
That is exactly what i said . That match when CSK only score what, 79 against MI, what was that about ?. After that, and before that, CSK has played very well.
Old 17th May 2013, 13:40   #2586
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghodlur View Post
I was secretly praying and hoping that the BCCI chairman and the IPL Incharge would step down taking the moral responsibility of the mess.

My heart goes out to Rahul Dravid, he had led the team from the front and justified his team's entry in the last 4. I guess the morale of the team will be in complete doldrums and if they dont make it to finals then blame it on the scandal.
I am still hoping RR can beat SRH. I dont care by hook or crook, just beat SRH.
Old 17th May 2013, 13:47   #2587
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suhaas307 View Post
True.
Only his Airline company is broke, by no means HE is broke.
But, if he is, then there is a very good chance that most of the last few matches played by RCB were fixed by the baron himself. Losing from winning situations all the time, now there's a pattern.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliAtenza View Post
as a RCB supporter, i am disappointed about how our season has gone, again. Maybe Mallya is honest and we are just that bad as a bowling unit :(. Or who knows, the next match could be fixed .
Yes, Mallya is the honestest man in IPL

If CSK wins, then RCB fans will say the match was fixed. If RCB wins, then CSK fans will say the match was fixed, either way it is fixed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghodlur View Post
Old 17th May 2013, 13:50   #2588
BHPian

Quote:
Only his Airline company is broke, by no means HE is broke.
But, if he is, then there is a very good chance that most of the last few matches played by RCB were fixed by the baron himself. Losing from winning situations all the time, now there's a pattern.

Yes, Mallya is the honestest man in IPL

If CSK wins, then RCB fans will say the match was fixed. If RCB wins, then CSK fans will say the match was fixed, either way it is fixed.

Only reason for him to lose is to get money to shore up his accounts, that would be the only reason he would have the team lose, But there are better ways to recoup money, i think. Exactly, fans of either side will say its fixed; but i honestly think that RP Singh no ball was really suspicious....
Old 17th May 2013, 13:52   #2589
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
If match fixing is the fact of the day then why does not the IPL mgmt save the people the ardous task of spending money visiting the stadiums and simply fix the draw and the games right from the start. The final 4 who bid the most (or can fix the most) can actually play the matches. Atleast hopefully those matches will not be fixed and will be clean devoid of any worms.
Old 17th May 2013, 13:59   #2590
Senior - BHPian

Posted by a friend of mine on FB:

"This is what I wrote 15 months back and this I wish to reiterate now again

As a fervent lover of the traditional five-day test cricket, I would strongly advocate to the Union govt. the following steps immediately to save the game.

1.Dismantle BCCI and all the governing bodies in the states.

2.Take over the entire assets of BCCI. Allocate 50% of the resources to other sports bodies which will happily run for the next 50 years with that money.

3.Form a new National Cricketing Body with members who are seriously interested in the promotion of cricket. Remember not to include any self-serving politicians and Corporate men.

4.Take resolve not to conduct any Test match for the next two years. These two years can be used to strengthen the domestic circuit and take out the cream of young cricket players. This would effectively nullify certain old order players who have served themselves and the power-that-be.

5.Put a complete ban on IPL It has just enriched the money-starved business houses during the lean business period and nothing else. IPL has become a craze now which is fully exploited by the corporate business houses. Players are just tools in their hands.

I don't think any other piece-meal solution would work."
Old 17th May 2013, 14:55   #2591
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gansan View Post
Posted by a friend of mine on FB:

"This is what I wrote 15 months back and this I wish to reiterate now again

As a fervent lover of the traditional five-day test cricket, I would strongly advocate to the Union govt. the following steps immediately to save the game.

1.Dismantle BCCI and all the governing bodies in the states.

2.Take over the entire assets of BCCI. Allocate 50% of the resources to other sports bodies which will happily run for the next 50 years with that money.

3.Form a new National Cricketing Body with members who are seriously interested in the promotion of cricket. Remember not to include any self-serving politicians and Corporate men.

4.Take resolve not to conduct any Test match for the next two years. These two years can be used to strengthen the domestic circuit and take out the cream of young cricket players. This would effectively nullify certain old order players who have served themselves and the power-that-be.

5.Put a complete ban on IPL It has just enriched the money-starved business houses during the lean business period and nothing else. IPL has become a craze now which is fully exploited by the corporate business houses. Players are just tools in their hands.

I don't think any other piece-meal solution would work."
I still want the IPL though
Old 17th May 2013, 15:09   #2592
BHPian

Best is to legalise betting on cricket. Let the government form a body which can monitor legal betting on sports. They can earn some revenue also on that by way of tax.
Old 17th May 2013, 15:40   #2593
Senior - BHPian

Sreesanth and co have been charged with cheating. Since the whole betting thing is illegal who did they cheat?
I can understand if it was England, it would be cheating the gamblers.
Old 17th May 2013, 15:45   #2594
Senior - BHPian

The SRH are going to qualify for the semis, maybe even the finals mostly looks like CSK will be their opponents.

ps - Reports say Hodge and Rahane under the scanner as well. If this is true, I think Dravid should quit right now. It just doesn't seem right to associate Dravid with the crap happening around him.

Last edited by normally_crazy : 17th May 2013 at 15:47.
Old 17th May 2013, 16:21   #2595
Senior - BHPian

Also it is interesting to see only RR players are involved. What about other teams? Bookies are not interested in making money from other matches?

I think all matches which PWI and DD played were fixed

Most Viewed