Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th May 2013, 15:34   #2566
Senior - BHPian

re: The IPL Thread (Fantasy game league details on pg 238)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgiitk View Post
A sad day, but I may add that rumours of fixing in the IPL have been around for ages. I have little sympathy for Sreesanth (slapgate and all) but the new kids being caught in the web is really sad.
The other 2 are not exactly kids. But they should have been happy with all the attention their performances were getting and life could have been better for them after the next auctions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PPS View Post
Btw, what would now happen to the IPL Fair Play Award? Royals were leading that table!
I believe this is off the field conduct now.

Sreesanths father blames MSD and Bhajji for his son's predicament. He says they 'trapped' him.

"There will be more arrests" Say the Police

Last edited by esteem_lover : 16th May 2013 at 15:36.
Old 16th May 2013, 15:44   #2567
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by srishiva View Post
Sreesanth might have been having lots of free time to indulge in such practices. Really useless individuals. How stupid can you be if you think you cant be caught.
That's right! Catch and punish all the small fry who might have made a few lacs at the most, allowing the whales and sharks (read team owners) who most certainly must have their finger in the betting pie, go Scott free!

Punish the arrows, garland and honor the bows!

Last edited by Gansan : 16th May 2013 at 15:54.
Old 16th May 2013, 16:03   #2568
Senior - BHPian

IPL is not cricket any more. Punish all culprits if found guilty

40 Lakhs / 60 Lakhs for giving away 14 runs in an over - not a bad deal

Last edited by Latheesh : 16th May 2013 at 16:23.
Old 16th May 2013, 16:09   #2569
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gansan View Post
That's right! Catch and punish all the small fry who might have made a few lacs at the most, allowing the whales and sharks (read team owners) who most certainly must have their finger in the betting pie, go Scott free!
I suspect that too. Playing Chavan for this crucial match, leaving out Chandila after he had bowled well. I think there will be 1 or 2 players in a team as management quota, over which a captain will have no say. Poor Dravid !!! Just when he worked so hard and brought his team to a good level, the rug is pulled from under his feet.
Old 16th May 2013, 16:18   #2570
PPS
Senior - BHPian

Talking of spot-fixing, this automatically puts R.P. Singh's no ball in that last over against Jadeja under the scanner!!!

Sreesanth turned around number 6 badge on his BMW X6 to 9 to ward of bad luck, i guess it didn't work!

According to newsreports, 2 International Players are also involved who belong to bottom ranked teams!

Also, now what about people like Nehra who have consistently bowled badly!
Old 16th May 2013, 16:30   #2571
Senior - BHPian

Very disappointing to read about these spot-fixing allegations. The careers of all the players involved is now over and rightly so, if they are guilty.

I am suprised someone like Sreesanth, a former international player and someone who could've played again for India, is involved in this. The other two are probably nowhere near an India cap, so I can imagine them being more tempted by easy money.

The police say this is a case of spot-fixing and not match-fixing. However, if a bowler agrees to give away atleast 13 or 14 runs in an over in T20, it could even influence the fate of the match itself.
Old 16th May 2013, 16:45   #2572
Senior - BHPian

Well, my personal opinion is the IPL was fixed, is fixed and will be fixed. It is like the erstwhile WWF or WWE as it is called now. People know it is "fixed" but still watch it. I think we should do the same. Just watch it for the "fun".

But in all this, I am having a few good laughs from some Twitter jokes running around about Sreesanth. One of them

Bookie: So you are to give away more than 10 runs per over.
Sreesanth: Ok, sure
Bookie: So will you bowl badly?
Sreesanth: No, normally

Old 16th May 2013, 21:45   #2573
BHPian

After this news surfaced, I can't help but think of Perrera's over in SRH Vs MI. SRH almost had the match till Pollard blasted him for 26 in an over. Fixed?

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveenroy View Post
But in all this, I am having a few good laughs from some Twitter jokes running around about Sreesanth. One of them
Another one:

If you're good at something, never do it for free.
Old 17th May 2013, 11:17   #2574
Senior - BHPian

60 lakhs for one over is a very good amount. Who knows if this was not caught some of these players' new cars would have been shown on the cricketer's cars thread.

For me the fact that you can get so much money through hawala, invest it somewhere or splurge and nobody even notices speaks a lot about our system.
Old 17th May 2013, 11:56   #2575
Team-BHP Support

Initially they were saying that this is just a beginning, more names to follow. And by the end of the day, it changed to no other teams/players/owners are involved. I guess this has already gone into damage control mode – sideline the three bad apples and move on!
Old 17th May 2013, 12:24   #2576
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vb-san View Post
Initially they were saying that this is just a beginning, more names to follow. And by the end of the day, it changed to no other teams/players/owners are involved. I guess this has already gone into damage control mode – sideline the three bad apples and move on!
I'm sure they will steam-roll Sreeshanth and the others, sweep everything under the carpet, keep mum for a bit and start all over again. Rinse. Repeat.
Old 17th May 2013, 12:26   #2577
Senior - BHPian

When even the ownership of certain teams are under a shroud, what else do you expect? Even D-company may own a team, who knows?

The whole set-up stinks!
Old 17th May 2013, 13:13   #2578
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vb-san View Post
The fact that the owner of CSK, just so happens to be the president of the BCCI, is itself, very telling. Who is to say he isnt rigging the whole tournament for his team. I know the whole thing is a sham, the sooner everyone knows this, the better, so that you can watch in peace lol. I am still passionate about IPL though, but thats just me .
Old 17th May 2013, 13:25   #2579
Senior - BHPian

Ankit Chavan one of the accused has squealed and accepted all the charges,. The bookies have gone one step ahead and named a few more involved in this fixing scandal I guess juest for the sake of it. There's more to this than just 3 players, I guess the bigger fish will be difficult to catch as they would be under some hotshot's umbrella.

I just read in the papers that IPL viewership ratings ahd gone up to 52%, so much so for watching players selling their souls.
Old 17th May 2013, 13:26   #2580
BHPian

The owner of the team said it is an insult to the team captain. It is beyond that - these episodes are a slap on the faces of the spectators and true lovers of cricket.

The sanctity of the sports itself gets lost in the name of revenue earnings, TPR ratings, promotions and what not. The very concept is based on the lines of "Sab Ganda Hai Par Dhandha Hai Yeh".

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks