Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 13th March 2012, 12:31   #2641
Senior - BHPian

Re: All T-BHP Scorpio Owners with Pics of their SUV

Quote:
Originally Posted by amk_2009 View Post
Thanks Raj. Alloys have to wait for some time as for this setup - I am loving it!

Below are few more pictures as tyres are a bit older now, pasted tbhp stickers and been to Bhandardara/Shirdi last weekend -
Looking great, I am tempted to do the same.
Old 13th March 2012, 16:22   #2642
Senior - BHPian

My signature will tell all. The Bull II or the TB II arrived in the cattle shed on 9th March, 2012. It is a LX 4x4. Currently being decked up. Detailed report shall be put up later.

Here are the two siblings, side-by-side.

L to R - The Bull II, The Bull

All T-BHP Scorpio Owners with Pics of their SUV-5917.jpg

p.s - Before you ask about the so called tilt in TB II, it is the floor & the camera angle.

Last edited by gd1418 : 13th March 2012 at 16:23.
gd1418 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th March 2012, 08:42   #2643
BHPian

Quote:
Below are few more pictures as tyres are a bit older now, pasted tbhp stickers and been to Bhandardara/Shirdi last weekend -
amk_2009,

Nice pic of the Scorp in front of the hotel, he looks a really tough guy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gd1418 View Post
p.s - Before you ask about the so called tilt in TB II, it is the floor & the camera angle.
gd1418,

Lovely hi-res pic.

They do look exactly like siblings. Now that you mention it, seems like the younger fellow is leaning towards his older brother for protection! I have a pic of my two sons when they were school kids, and the pose is remarkably similar
Old 16th March 2012, 11:21   #2644
Senior - BHPian

Thanks you Damu. Till you mentioned it, I never thought of the tilt that way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damu View Post

gd1418,

Lovely hi-res pic.

They do look exactly like siblings. Now that you mention it, seems like the younger fellow is leaning towards his older brother for protection! I have a pic of my two sons when they were school kids, and the pose is remarkably similar
Old 16th March 2012, 11:31   #2645
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
My signature will tell all. The Bull II or the TB II arrived in the cattle shed on 9th March, 2012. It is a LX 4x4. Currently being decked up. Detailed report shall be put up later.

Here are the two siblings, side-by-side.

L to R - The Bull II, The Bull

Attachment 902291

Congrats!

I think LX 4Wd is a good move by Mahindra. We already have 2 in the forum. Waiting for your ownership report.

And curious to know how you are decking it up!
Old 16th March 2012, 12:37   #2646
Senior - BHPian

Congrats GD.

Quote:
Originally Posted by raj_5004 View Post
Congrats!

I think LX 4Wd is a good move by Mahindra. We already have 2 in the forum. Waiting for your ownership report.

Make that 3 on the forum, there is another member also who should have taken delivery by now. Very popular in the jeepers circle in Bangalore.
Old 16th March 2012, 13:59   #2647
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Congratulations, the old one looks exceptionally maintained.
Old 16th March 2012, 22:50   #2648
BHPian

Quote:

Super! Love those twins standing together.
BTW is older one with Roof Bag? I have got Sherpa Sport recently and looking for opportunity (7 passengers on-board) to use it.

Also, How these DRL's are performing? I use simillar one and some of it's LED's lasted only a month.

Last edited by amk_2009 : 16th March 2012 at 23:03.
Old 17th March 2012, 11:32   #2649
Senior - BHPian

Thanks Raj. It indeed is a good move by M&M but for the 27% hike in the excise.

The ownership & decking up report shall be put up shortly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by raj_5004 View Post

Congrats!

Thanks rjstyles...

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjstyles69 View Post

Congrats GD.
Thanks amk. The older one doesn't have a roof-bag. The older one has roof lights that have been there for the last 6 years. I was never stopped or challaned for it; even when I went to Chandigarh twice. In Dec,'11 I was stopped & challaned in Delhi for the roof lights and was told that it was a RC Act violation that attracts a penalty of Rs.2000/-. The sergeant told me that if I keep it covered, then it isn't a problem. I got a cover stitched for it pronto...

Those DRLs are performing great. No issues whatsoever.

Quote:

Super! Love those twins standing together.
BTW is older one with Roof Bag? I have got Sherpa Sport recently and looking for opportunity (7 passengers on-board) to use it.

Also, How these DRL's are performing? I use simillar one and some of it's LED's lasted only a month.
Thanks Upreti. The senior Bull was & is maintained with great love, affection & care. And it has served me well in its journey of 1.58L kms till date.

Quote:
Originally Posted by m_upreti View Post

Congratulations, the old one looks exceptionally maintained.

Last edited by gd1418 : 17th March 2012 at 11:42.
Old 17th March 2012, 15:40   #2650
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks Upreti. The senior Bull was & is maintained with great love, affection & care. And it has served me well in its journey of 1.58L kms till date.
1.58 L Kms .

Just a curiosity how did u manage to fit the new model headlamps in it.

Quote:
I have similar DRL's (150 Rs/ft) working pretty well for the last 4 months despite being peeled off by kids a couple of times resulting in resoldering requirement (done by self and rewired)

Last edited by m_upreti : 17th March 2012 at 15:44.
Old 18th March 2012, 02:39   #2651
Senior - BHPian

What's so shocking about 1.58L Kms? H V Kumar has done 3L Kms. I know quite a few Scorpions on the Yahoo Scorpio forum who have done 1.2L & + Kms. At the Koncept ASC in NOIDA, 3 scorpios had come that had done 2.8L Kms each.

New model HLs:

How did I fit them? Simbly simble. Removed the old and installed the new..

Quote:

1.58 L Kms .

Just a curiosity how did u manage to fit the new model headlamps in it.
Old 18th March 2012, 20:01   #2652
Senior - BHPian

Congrats gd, now I know the reason behind the inadvertent sms, enjoy the Scorp.
Old 19th March 2012, 09:43   #2653
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
What's so shocking about 1.58L Kms? H V Kumar has done 3L Kms. I know quite a few Scorpions on the Yahoo Scorpio forum who have done 1.2L & + Kms. At the Koncept ASC in NOIDA, 3 scorpios had come that had done 2.8L Kms each.

New model HLs:

How did I fit them? Simbly simble. Removed the old and installed the new..
For me it is , none of my vehicles have ever crossed 25 K till now.

New Model HL's: I wanted to have the blue vision lights installed, I am still searching for that mail from M&M but its implies that I would have to:

1. Change the Bonnet
2. Change the Grill
3. & offcourse the HL's

Since the all the above had been redesigned and gave me a quote of some 20 thousand odd.

So I let it go and changed to Philips white visions costing 500 a pair with free white parking bulbs
Old 19th March 2012, 18:04   #2654
Senior - BHPian

Thanks Luke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lukeskywalker View Post

Congrats gd, now I know the reason behind the inadvertent sms, enjoy the Scorp.
Either the ASC or M&M or both are talking bu....it. What has bulb got to do with the HL assembly? Bulbs are not beam specific. The new Mhawk/Refresh model HLs are a direct fit onto a pre-Mhawk/Refresh Scorpios. No modifications needed at all. Just remove the three screws holding the HLs and install the new one.

The catch: New HLs come with beam levellor motors. You'll have to do the wiring and install a switch to control. My electrician did that for me. The other way around is to find a 2006 or post 2006 Scorpio, fit the new HLs on it, get it focussed and set the beam level as you want and then install in your truck. Thus, you will not be able to change the beam level, as it will be fixed.

Quote:

New Model HL's: I wanted to have the blue vision lights installed, I am still searching for that mail from M&M but its implies that I would have to:

1. Change the Bonnet
2. Change the Grill
3. & offcourse the HL's

Since the all the above had been redesigned and gave me a quote of some 20 thousand odd.

So I let it go and changed to Philips white visions costing 500 a pair with free white parking bulbs
Old 19th March 2012, 19:00   #2655
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Either the ASC or M&M or both are talking bu....it. What has bulb got to do with the HL assembly? Bulbs are not beam specific. The new Mhawk/Refresh model HLs are a direct fit onto a pre-Mhawk/Refresh Scorpios. No modifications needed at all. Just remove the three screws holding the HLs and install the new one.

The catch: New HLs come with beam levellor motors. You'll have to do the wiring and install a switch to control. My electrician did that for me. The other way around is to find a 2006 or post 2006 Scorpio, fit the new HLs on it, get it focussed and set the beam level as you want and then install in your truck. Thus, you will not be able to change the beam level, as it will be fixed.
Thanks, M&M said it was not possible. The A.S.S said possible with all the changes I mentioned in the last post.

I should have been smarter and discussed further. Any how mine is a Sep '08 model with head lamp leveler so that should not have been a problem.

But I guess I achieved the white vision with 500 Rs. instead of 3-4 K on the new HID's and with the car nearing its replacement time there is no need to change now.

Last edited by m_upreti : 19th March 2012 at 19:03.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks