Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 27th January 2009, 00:45   #1186
Senior - BHPian

ive noticed your scorpio on this thread did you get this made in a normal wielding shop ? how much did it cost.. ne problems so far? like rattling etc.

P.S i would hate getting tailed by you ^_^

Last edited by vinaydas : 27th January 2009 at 00:55.
Old 27th January 2009, 10:44   #1187
Senior - BHPian

Hi Anup,
Please go for the flat hub caps on all fours. They have lesser chances of being rubbed/broken. I have seen most of these old hub caps have been damaged in many scorps. In fact that is the reason why came out with Flat ones!!

Vinay,

The bush gaurds look good on all hummers except the chrome adding too much bling!! Also the sharp cuts of the bush gaurds go well for hummers as the hummer has sharp edges in design unlike the rounded edges of scorp. So, might not suit well!! can somebody try PS please(BBS)
Old 27th January 2009, 11:00   #1188
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by getsurya View Post
Hi Anup,
Please go for the flat hub caps on all fours. They have lesser chances of being rubbed/broken. I have seen most of these old hub caps have been damaged in many scorps. In fact that is the reason why came out with Flat ones!!
You're right Surya. I will go for the flat ones in all likelihood. However those will be only for the rear wheels. The fronts will have to remain old style as mine is a 4WD and has the hubs protruding!
Old 27th January 2009, 19:08   #1189
Senior - BHPian

this may interest some:

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...w-scorpio.html
Old 28th January 2009, 11:43   #1190
Senior - BHPian

Let's hope that they don't spoil the macho looks. That grill looks macho on a Xylo but is looking subdued in the Scorp.

The light assembly, bumper & the fog lamps look cool, I hope thay are not doing any changes to the front body so that we can replace those parts on our "OLD" Scorpios.

Quote:
Originally Posted by raj_5004 View Post
Old 30th January 2009, 16:34   #1191
Senior - BHPian

this was the show i was talking about
Old 30th January 2009, 17:09   #1192
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinaydas View Post
ive noticed your scorpio on this thread did you get this made in a normal wielding shop ? how much did it cost.. ne problems so far? like rattling etc.
The bullbar was installed by the previous owner. He got it done in Siliguri (North Bengal) - design was inspired by some foreign SUVs he had seen. I don't know how much it cost.
No rattling/swaying whatsover - it is SOLID. The aux lamps are mounted on brackets on top of the bar, and even they don't move around the slightest bit. Very good workmanship.

Quote:
P.S i would hate getting tailed by you ^_^
Lol, you're not the first to say that. I wonder why!!
Old 31st January 2009, 08:18   #1193
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

in my humble opinion the old gen TC1, TC2 and TC3 Scorpios looked far better than the current gen one.
Simple lines, no roof rails, no bonnet scoop and simple bubble lights at the rear apart from simple and elegant colour combinations of vehicle and plain grey cladding etc.

things that are simply NOT required on the current gen 2.6 crde are:
1. Roof rails - look ugly
2. tall reflectors and squiggly rear tail lights - look bad
3. rear spoiler - silly cosmetic addition
4. front air scoop on bonnet - idiotic, especially when it is not even functional.
5. those front skirts below the bumper - also looks silly and anyway dont help with water splashing.
6. horrible contrasting colours and cladding combos - see the SLX rocky beige and apple red for starters

The new design/ cosmetic changes were probably visualized by some taste-challenged clot. And M&M says that they allowed customer feedback to decide some of these designs! HA!

I sincerely wish they had continued the old Turf Green/ Dark Green Scorpio and plain Silver instead of all these freaky colours they are currently selling. Those colours really suited the Scorpio, especially if one wishes to remain anonymous and blend in quietly while visiting the hills/ jungles etc. Some of the new colours/ combinations are more suited to the requirements of the bling driven rap star types!

Quote:
Originally Posted by anupmathur View Post
They will! My personal belief is that the current Scorpio happened as a fluke, not by design or intent!

Last edited by shankar.balan : 31st January 2009 at 08:22.
Old 1st February 2009, 15:19   #1194
BHPian

Here are a few Scorp pictures from a recent weekend trip to Jeolikote (before Nainital). We had stayed at this place called The Cottage Jeolikote. Nice comfy place.
On day 2 there, I just took a drive around the area - from one tal to another tal - Nainital - Bhimtal - Nakuchiatal etc, just doing some lazy sightseeing (Stop, click, ponder for a few minutes, go)

Pics taken near this paragliding spot above Nakuchiatal (place called Padigaon).
Attached Thumbnails
All T-BHP Scorpio Owners with Pics of their SUV-cimg09691.jpg  

All T-BHP Scorpio Owners with Pics of their SUV-cimg09721.jpg  

Old 1st February 2009, 15:25   #1195
Senior - BHPian

i loved the second pic roshun, you know why... the tag which reads 'scorpio 4WD' gives me a high!
Old 1st February 2009, 18:00   #1196
Senior - BHPian

a call centre sumo decided to rear end my scorpio one fine day. with my car stationary & brakes applied, the impact i thought was very high. but luckily the damage is nil, only a slight scratch on the bumper because of the sumo's black front guard.

meanwhile, a visit to the A.S.S. for changing the security code has helped and the code was changed in 2 minutes, yes... 2 minutes! another complaint was a slight squeaking noise sometimes from the driver's door on rough roads, this has been solved by tightening the bolt. the time of vehicle entry on the job card was 9.40 am and time of exit was 9.45 am! this is because though i reached the A.S.S. by 9.25, the vehicle was taken for a trial run to check the door sound.

this time, i was very impressed with the mahindra service though. they were very courteous... so courteous that i was made to drink coffee twice!

meanwhile, i enquired about the extended warranty that will increase the warranty to 4 years & 1 lakh kms. they charge Rs. 10,000 for that. i am confused whether i should opt for it or its not needed?
Old 1st February 2009, 18:04   #1197
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
...meanwhile, i enquired about the extended warranty that will increase the warranty to 4 years & 1 lakh kms. they charge Rs. 10,000 for that. i am confused whether i should opt for it or its not needed?
If there is an option, it would be very good to go for it. Just a matter of 10k INR, but the peace of mind that it brings would be more!
Old 1st February 2009, 18:29   #1198
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
a call centre sumo decided to rear end my scorpio one fine day. with my car stationary & brakes applied, the impact i thought was very high. but luckily the damage is nil, only a slight scratch on the bumper because of the sumo's black front guard.
LOL, Raj, this solid ball really helps! An Omni discovered much to its horror how much damage it inflicts!
All T-BHP Scorpio Owners with Pics of their SUV-img_1192.jpg

And I'd recommend that you buy the Shield warranty. I did so many moons ago.
Old 1st February 2009, 20:12   #1199
Senior - BHPian

Mathur saab - the 4wds are the only ones with the ball, right? Lol... something doesn't sound right in that statement!

Anyway, my Scorp has a rear guard in addition to the tow hook giving an added degree of protection:

All T-BHP Scorpio Owners with Pics of their SUV-rear.jpg

Maybe not the most elegant looking thing, but it does the job. Notice the dent in the left side of the guard - that came with the truck when I bought it. Interestingly, a Santro ran into the back of the Scorp recently (not sure what he had been smoking...), and hit the very same spot on the guard. So no damage done to me, am sure the Santro dude wishes he could say the same!
Old 1st February 2009, 20:33   #1200
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by razor4077 View Post
Mathur saab - the 4wds are the only ones with the ball, right? Lol... something doesn't sound right in that statement!
There are creative souls with great foresight, LOL!
Shankar got one retro-fitted to his Scorpio LX 2WD!! Will stand him in very good stead, I dare say!
But then, he's the most experienced M&M kindered soul here!
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks