51 - 75% -- I'm an active trader. 201 16.37%
76 - 100% -- Hey, I'm an i-banker!!! 81 6.60%
Voters: 1228. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 11th May 2017, 00:53   #3601
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by libranof1987 View Post
Which bank do you have your salary account with? Check with them, depending on your account status (preferred?), you might get some benefits.
Quote:
Originally Posted by audioholic View Post
.......Coming to the access part, I use HDFC securities on my Iphone and its built pretty well. Though user interface takes time to get used to, it is very straight forward and quick. I do day to day trading activities there since the link between that account and my bank account is seamless and doesnt require you to move cash to the trading account to trade....
Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
.....Your account (whichever bank it is), can be linked to these accounts and the money transfer (to & fro) is decently fast (since I have a Zerodha account). ICICI is another demat I have, but it's expensive that I stopped trading on it completely.

Thank you for your quick responses. The major reason I wanted to shift to a bank for trading was that the broker I was with till now cleared the transactions very late so I could not get rid of my losers if I spotted them. I think banks would be quicker. Please correct me if I'm wrong. I'm dabbling with short term trading as of now and therefore it's important.

I will definitely try Zerodha as a lot of people on this forum have good things to say about it.

Any other suggestions are eagerly awaited. Thank you.

PS- If I decide to move forward with ICICI Direct or Axis Direct,are there any concerns? (Cost or ease of use)

Last edited by khan_sultan : 11th May 2017 at 10:59. Reason: Fixed formatting issues.
Old 11th May 2017, 08:22   #3602
BHPian

Re: Do you play the stock market

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stratosphere View Post
If I decide to move forward with ICICI Direct or Axis Direct,are there any concerns? (Cost or ease of use)
ICICI direct provides the best trading platform as per my ~9 years of experience in equity investments. It is very simple to use and network/servers very rarely fails. Also note that it is the most expensive in comparison to HDFC, Axis etc.

Zerodha is good but their network/servers are not as robust as ICICI or Axis and fails quite often. But it is one of the most economical trading platforms around.

Disclaimer: I have trading accounts with both ICICI and Zerodha.
Old 11th May 2017, 18:50   #3603
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stratosphere View Post
The major reason I wanted to shift to a bank for trading was that the broker I was with till now cleared the transactions very late so I could not get rid of my losers if I spotted them. I think banks would be quicker. Please correct me if I'm wrong. I'm dabbling with short term trading as of now and therefore it's important.

PS- If I decide to move forward with ICICI Direct or Axis Direct,are there any concerns? (Cost or ease of use)
I too use ICICI direct and would like to clarify that you will not enjoy quick clearance of transactions. Eg: if you want to sell a loser and pick another, they do not allow the use of the same funds. You will have to wait for 3 days minimum to get the money in your account, after which you can utilize the funds.

But they do provide Margin / Margin Plus trades option where they charge 12%p.a. interest for the number of days you use their funds, so this can help as a workaround and all it will cost you is the 4-5 days of interest. Though I am not sure if they have a minimum charge for it.
Old 15th May 2017, 10:58   #3604
BHPian

Howard Marks of Oaktree Capital is someone whom Warren Buffet acknowledges as an investing great.

His memos to his clients makes a very impressive reading. Those can be found here link

I have attached one here which can make you see and think things differently.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf 2015-09-09-its-not-easy.pdf (899.2 KB, 360 views)
Old 16th May 2017, 20:20   #3605
Senior - BHPian

Here's a small update on the HUDCO IPO, for those who have applied.

HUDCO allotment will happen tomorrow, i.e. 17th.
Shares will be credited to Dmat account by 18th
HUDCO will be listed on 19th i.e. Friday.

Considering the retail quota was over-subscribed 9.43 times and overall over subscription stood at 55 times, that is more than the interest shown in Dmart IPO.

Before the subscription opened, the gray market premium already stood at 28-30 INR which is 50% of the issue price and in line with premium on Dmart.

Though I do not foresee the same level of madness on listing price like Dmart (100% appreciation on Day 1), the market has, more often than not, proved me wrong.

Let see what happens.
Old 16th May 2017, 21:24   #3606
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinit.merchant View Post
I too use ICICI direct and would like to clarify that you will not enjoy quick clearance of transactions. Eg: if you want to sell a loser and pick another, they do not allow the use of the same funds. You will have to wait for 3 days minimum to get the money in your account, after which you can utilize the funds.
Same is the case with reliance securities. Any service provider who has this option of quick clearance ?
Old 16th May 2017, 21:49   #3607
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by F150 View Post
Same is the case with reliance securities. Any service provider who has this option of quick clearance ?
Try some of the discount brokers. Samco comes to mind, but the interface isn't something to cheer about + they do not have the mobile app.
Old 16th May 2017, 23:04   #3608
PGA
BHPian

I have been trying do options and have been working around adopting various strategies such as put and call spreads, straddle etc for varying market conditions. Fundamental problem in formulation of these strategies is one's outlook to the market and here is where I get struck. It may partly be due to my mental makeup wherein I desist from taking position on a subject without availability of adequate logic/evidence on it and stock market offers me none, as per my understanding as of now.

I seek advice and help in understanding if there are any fundamental basis/factors for taking position or having an outlook in the market. What are the factors which affect market movements, can I make a template/model on the basis of some factors such as open interest or technical charts or FII inflow/outflow or some others. Regards
Old 17th May 2017, 09:50   #3609
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinit.merchant View Post
I too use ICICI direct.
I also use the same platform and I am able to use the funds immediately. If you go to place order page, there is a tab that shows available limit where the money from shares sold is available as transaction limit.
Old 17th May 2017, 09:53   #3610
BANNED

I just god rid of my holdings in Sun. Ranbaxy was the first share I bought ages ago, but somehow they (and now as Sun) have lost their way.

Having signed up for a PMS I will progressively reduce my stock holdings.
Old 17th May 2017, 12:18   #3611
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgiitk View Post
I just god rid of my holdings in Sun. Ranbaxy was the first share I bought ages ago, but somehow they (and now as Sun) have lost their way.

Having signed up for a PMS I will progressively reduce my stock holdings.
Hows your experience with PMS? Any recommendations on AMC?
I am trying to explore PMS options to consolidate my holdings.

Last edited by C300 : 17th May 2017 at 12:19. Reason: formatting
Old 18th May 2017, 11:29   #3612
J.Ravi

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.Ravi View Post
Yeah, I will be happy to get atleast 200 shares allotted, if I am lucky!
I received a message from NSDL just a few minutes ago, stating that 200 shares of HUDCO were credited to my demat account today.

Old 18th May 2017, 12:38   #3613
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.Ravi View Post
I received a message from NSDL just a few minutes ago, stating that 200 shares of HUDCO were credited to my demat account today.
I had applied for one lot, and got one
Old 18th May 2017, 15:29   #3614
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shetty_rohan View Post
I had applied for one lot, and got one
I had applied for 3 lots, got 1
Old 18th May 2017, 16:12   #3615
Senior - BHPian

It seems I am unlucky. I had applied for 2 lots & have't received any SMS till now

Most Viewed