Search this Thread
Old 18th February 2008, 21:07   #496
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bass&Treble View Post
Rel Power announced a bonus???
B&T in equity section

Quote:
What I feel is that the original allotees who have not sold their shares and whose names are on the company record as on 24th February stand to benefit from the bonus issue.
I have not sold a single share, thought have 15, since its crazy to get into the bull run IMO. Just leave Power for long term and sit back
Old 19th February 2008, 00:07   #497
Senior - BHPian

Is there any way to avail of the SBI rights issue through ICICIDirect? I have received a hard copy form from for it, but would love to opt for an online process.
Old 19th February 2008, 10:25   #498
BHPian

Gents....can we setup a thread where the best picks are advised??? OR is there already a thraed on this??

Most of the blogs these days have lost genunine advisors - as every1 advices these days.
Old 19th February 2008, 10:47   #499
Senior - BHPian

Has anybody applied to Rural Elecrification - IPO?. It looks like a good bet for long term.
Old 19th February 2008, 10:54   #500
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by m3_07 View Post
Gents....can we setup a thread where the best picks are advised??? OR is there already a thraed on this??

Most of the blogs these days have lost genunine advisors - as every1 advices these days.
I am a paid subscriber to Moneycontrol poweryourtrade.
What I have seen over the long term is that their pics are good when markets are going up.
So now I use the stocks they advise as a starting point, and then just do my own analysis(technical mostly).
You can also look at economic times website for starting point.
Old 19th February 2008, 12:00   #501
LLL
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by snaronikar View Post
Has anybody applied to Rural Elecrification - IPO?. It looks like a good bet for long term.
REC is fully subscribed now. I intend to apply for it...but right now reliancemoney.com is not letting me apply to it. Will try after a few hours.

How many shares are you applying for and at what price?
Old 19th February 2008, 12:12   #502
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by LLL View Post
How many shares are you applying for and at what price?
I have applied 240 shares at cut off price Rs.105/share. Lets wait and see how much will be alloted.
Old 19th February 2008, 12:44   #503
BHPian

Friends...IMO, while you apply for the IPO, you will need to track the list of subscription first. This can be seen in the NSE/ BSE websites. I haven't come accross a single IPO, which was oversubscribed & listed below the list price.

Ofcourse, life is full of exceptions - reliance power. Im still unable to digest the fact that it listed below. Whatever be he market conditions - with the kind of money available during offer, I do not understand why it could not sustain even the list price.

Applying for a IPO on an first day/ first show would be a gamble IMO.
Old 19th February 2008, 12:48   #504
BANNED

Quote:
What makes you think that it will not happen here also? There was this guy who was predicting that the index will hit 10000 this year, according to his calculations. He has not shared his methodology so far.

Quote:
Does that mean those who will have their share on 24thFeb will be alloted extra shares?
Not exactly. The company will fix a record date, and those who hold shares as on the record date will get the bonus shares, even if they sold the holding as on record date, but before the bonus shares are allotted. here is an example.

I hold 10 shares in company X. They declare 1:1 bonus, and the record date is 10 January. I sell 5 shares on January 15th. If the shares are allotted on February 5th, I end up with 15 shares of the company - 5 unsold, + 10 bonus because I held 10 shares as on the record date.

Rpower will give shares to every shareholder, except the promoters; so even if you buy shares on 25th, you would qualify for bonus.

Remember that market price is determined by the market, (obviously. That is why it is called the market price), so we cannot make prediction about what the prices will be after the bonus. There have been cases when shares of companies went down after the bonus, and there have been cases when share price went up after the bonus.
Old 19th February 2008, 12:51   #505
LLL
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by m3_07 View Post
Friends...IMO, while you apply for the IPO, you will need to track the list of subscription first. This can be seen in the NSE/ BSE websites. I haven't come accross a single IPO, which was oversubscribed & listed below the list price.

Ofcourse, life is full of exceptions - reliance power. Im still unable to digest the fact that it listed below. Whatever be he market conditions - with the kind of money available during offer, I do not understand why it could not sustain even the list price.

Applying for a IPO on an first day/ first show would be a gamble IMO.
REC IPO subscribed 1.62 times within one hr- Hindustan Times

Its now 1.62 times. Just to be on safe side, maybe apply on 3rd or 4th day. Also, instead of applying at maximum limit (1 lakhs) i would prefer to apply at less than that to cut some risk. Ofcourse that may mean i dont get any allotment.
Old 19th February 2008, 13:02   #506
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
REC IPO subscribed 1.62 times within one hr- Hindustan Times

Its now 1.62 times. Just to be on safe side, maybe apply on 3rd or 4th day. Also, instead of applying at maximum limit (1 lakhs) i would prefer to apply at less than that to cut some risk. Ofcourse that may mean i dont get any allotment.
Absolutely agree with you. No point in putting the whole money. Apply for minimum no you can afford and they enhance after it lists in the market. I usually do the same.

And for all others, CNBC, NDTV profit and Angel broking is predicting that this can be like one of the navratnas on the long run. Govt is banking heavily on this IPO and they cannot let it go off thin air.
Old 19th February 2008, 15:09   #507
BHPian

It is not yet out whether the 'retail' segment is oversubscribed or not. I believe it won't be. As usual, institutional investors would have bet their money on it and that has led to 1.6 times oversubscription.

In these volatile times, there is high chance of a retail investor getting a larger percentage of applied quantity. The minimum bid qty is 60, so I would advise applying for minimum 300 Nos. The logic being, if you get the full allocation, and if the stock goes up on the listing day, you would have hit the jackpot. In a worst case scenario, of stock falling by even as high as 20% on an opening day, you would have lost not more than Rs 6k (300 Nos x 20 Rs)

Again, if you are a long term player (which you should be) REC is a good buy.
Old 19th February 2008, 18:09   #508
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
REC is fully subscribed now. I intend to apply for it...but right now reliancemoney.com is not letting me apply to it. Will try after a few hours.
If your serious about trading then reliance money is not the place to trade, very very slow and half the time doesnot accept orders
Old 19th February 2008, 18:20   #509
LLL
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BUSA View Post
If your serious about trading then reliance money is not the place to trade, very very slow and half the time doesnot accept orders
I havent faced those 2 problems - slow and does not accept orders. But faced another set of problems -
  • its often down for maintenance so cant place AMO or IPO or MF orders
  • money disappears from ledger balance, to reappear after 2-3 days
  • takes 2-3 days for funds withdrawal
  • no help, phone lines are busy
i am not a serious or a large volume trader, so this is working fine for me. But if AD is serious about making RM the best platform, then he needs to fix this. Looking at qlty of reliance online services, i wouldnt consider any of reliance companies for ITES services.
Old 19th February 2008, 18:30   #510
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I havent faced those 2 problems - slow and does not accept orders. But faced another set of problems -
  • its often down for maintenance so cant place AMO or IPO or MF orders
And yeah it doesnot show portfoilo either

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks