Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd February 2009, 12:04   #376
Senior - BHPian

Folks,
Went to Spice6 yesterday and got a parcel of Chicken Biryani (family pack) and Chicken Lollipops. Bill was 400 bucks. Both items were really good. Now I need not drive all the way to Bawarchi for good biryani!
Bblost covered this joint on page 1 of this thread.
Old 2nd February 2009, 12:21   #377
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravveendrra View Post
All that talk about vada-pav, made me hanker for missal-pav. Does anyone here know where to get it on Hyderabad?

Hampshire Plaza, of the Chatwal chain, was not one of the sons Vikram, (if I am not mistaken), dating / engaged to some bomb? (Wonder if there was a 'bomb attack' on Hampshire Plaza and that is the reason Mobike went there).

Cheers,
you have touched a twitching nerve here

Vikram's wife is Priya Sachdev, one of who comes closer or beats Sophie Choudary the one which i mentioned during our warangal meet. Also, Priya has a twin looking sister and both sisters sport a pout that you will kill for.

Almost similar and probably better than Ang Jolie's.

In short to answer your question, Priya was not around when i was there. Else, you would have heard of an appalling news in the papers next day
Old 2nd February 2009, 12:29   #378
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
you have touched a twitching nerve here

Vikram's wife is Priya Sachdev, one of who comes closer or beats Sophie Choudary the one which i mentioned during our warangal meet. Also, Priya has a twin looking sister and both sisters sport a pout that you will kill for.

Almost similar and probably better than Ang Jolie's.

In short to answer your question, Priya was not around when i was there. Else, you would have heard of an appalling news in the papers next day
priya's twin or close to twin looking sister's name is charu,pandeyji i dated her and gave her a big long puppy (smack) thats the reason for the pout.hehehe

did i hear some glass breaking noise (tuta dil) from himmayatnagar brinjal colour building 1st floor.

dedicating "sheesha ho ya dil ho,aakhir tut jaata hai" on radio mirchi for you pandeyji..

ARF Rocks!
Old 2nd February 2009, 13:36   #379
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajesh Rawal View Post
did i hear some glass breaking noise (tuta dil) from himmayatnagar brinjal colour building 1st floor. dedicating "sheesha ho ya dil ho,aakhir tut jaata hai" on radio mirchi for you pandeyji.. ARF Rocks!
Rajesh bhai, lagtha hai aap infraction ke bhoj se nahi thake. Sambal ke rahiyega warna ek aur bhoj aa gir padega aapke ghod mein
Old 2nd February 2009, 23:49   #380
Senior - BHPian

All Hyd T-BHP members, try out Dine Hill on Road No. 1 Banjara Hills. It's located on the left once you take a right from the masab tank flyover when coming from Lakdikapul. They also have a restaurant on the the first left on the same road, after the police quarters mess. The one on Banjara Hills Road No. 1 has a new A/C restaurant constructed and operating now!
Be there with minimum of three people and order for a full Grilled chicken with Rumali roti & the famous Garlic Sauce! (tastes like mayonnaise but you just can't stop licking your fingers!). It's served on a single large plate covering the whole table and makes you forget all the diet you have been following!

if you are a little early in the evening, try the Irani chai at 555 cafe!

Why don't we meet here for the next meet after Nizam Club meet, probably on a Saturday or Sunday?
Old 3rd February 2009, 14:57   #381
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pulsar56 View Post
All Hyd T-BHP members, try out Dine Hill on Road No. 1 Banjara Hills. It's located on the left once you take a right from the masab tank flyover when coming from Lakdikapul. They also have a restaurant on the the first left on the same road, after the police quarters mess. The one on Banjara Hills Road No. 1 has a new A/C restaurant constructed and operating now!
Be there with minimum of three people and order for a full Grilled chicken with Rumali roti & the famous Garlic Sauce! (tastes like mayonnaise but you just can't stop licking your fingers!). It's served on a single large plate covering the whole table and makes you forget all the diet you have been following!
Grilled Chicken..huh? Never had it before. Well, in my case, the look of the whole chicken served on a plate kind of puts me off.

Once, i was served a whole fish ( including its eye et.all) in Mainland China. I was with some clients and i was rather put off and requested the waiter to present it a less horrific fashion.

I beileve in asian countries serving a dish in that manner adds flair to presentation of the dish
Old 5th February 2009, 16:28   #382
BHPian

Maharaja is probably the best chat in new hyderabad.

not uber hygienic, but hygienic chat is ghey.

this guy's turnover is probably more than many restaurants.
Old 6th February 2009, 11:17   #383
Team-BHP Support

Mediterranean restaurant in Mehdipatnam.

My parents are visiting and that is also a reason for me missing on the Nizam Club meet.

Last night went over to this place.
Excellent.
Had a
Chicken Sizzler: Excellent.
Mutton Masala: quite spicy and with a off beat and good flavour.
3 mocktails.
Chopped meat Pide
An excellent desert made of rice and milk.
Prawns: Fantastic.

Service Excellent.

Total came to about 1400.
Worth it.
Old 6th February 2009, 11:56   #384
Distinguished - BHPian

Ok, nobody reviewed the food at Nizam Club, so allow me to do so and will cover only interesting items:

Mutton Shikampur Kebab
This was the food king of the meet. Melt in the mouth types and you can feel the curd still fresh and onions crunching in your mouth.

Mutton Nargisi Kofte
Same as Shikampur's outer ingredient ( minced meat ) and inside egg white, what a dish. However, this particular dish is best prepared at my cousin's home and i get to eat at his place every Dusserra.

Ginger Fish
Most didnt like it. I liked it and the ginger paste tasted too damn good.

Fried Fish with Tartar Sauce
Fish was bland but not bad at all. The tartar sauce that came along with it was to die for.

Mutton Biryani
This is how the biryani should be not like what you get in Paradise or any other biryani joint ( Loads of rice and less of meat). Here it is vice-versa, you need to look for rice in your biryani. It tasted real authentic and to do complete justice this is the only dish that you should have and not club it with so many others like above.

Apricot Pudding
I can only say one thing. You will kill someone for a second helping. Thank god, theodore_ftw didnt do that since we were the last two guys to finish our food. Thanks Theodore for giving me a chance to live.

Btw, a special mention to Veg Manchuria. I never had such tasty Veg Manchuria any place before. Hope the veg folks in our gang liked it too.

Overall, Nizam Club has lived up to its reputation and some of the best Nizami/Mughlai food in Hyderabad is found beyond those elite walls of this club.
Old 6th February 2009, 12:09   #385
Senior - BHPian

Agree with you Avi!! The food at Nizams Club was what it was supposed to be! No frills-Only TASTE!!
Old 6th February 2009, 12:11   #386
Senior - BHPian

a word about the apricot pudding. Normally, I never take deserts- just dont have a sweet tooth- but i took one small helping of the pudding, and then within a few seconds was back to take a BIG second helping. it was lip smacking good.

and yes, the veg was pretty decent too!
Old 6th February 2009, 14:45   #387
BHPian

Pandeyji!

@ Mobike/Pandeyji ,was having a discussion with one of the office mates and he was suggesting alex's kitchen having good chinese food in himmayatnagar.

your thoughts? since you live there!
Old 6th February 2009, 14:51   #388
Senior - BHPian

Alex's Kitchen was a good place some years ago, but has lost its sheen. Someone has also mentioned this in the beginning of this thread.
I've just returned from a team lunch at Swagath, Kondapur (opp Toyota showroom) and the buffet lunch was quite good. I think it is the best place for buffet lunch in Madhapur's vicinity.
I was pleasantly surprised to bump into another member there------Hillram.
Old 6th February 2009, 17:14   #389
Senior - BHPian

we all for sure are helping the economy stay afloat!! Cool!!
Old 6th February 2009, 17:16   #390
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajesh Rawal View Post
@ Mobike/Pandeyji ,was having a discussion with one of the office mates and he was suggesting alex's kitchen having good chinese food in himmayatnagar.

your thoughts? since you live there!
Rajesh Bhai, Looks like you are following me in the evening after work.

Since i hardly visit Alex's these days, Strangely now you ask, I happened to go to Alex's Kitchen on Monday ( Feb 2nd) after a long time.

Neera wanted to eat chinese and decides this at 9pm and i had a call at 10:00pm and despite me trying to convince her to eat at home, i finally agreed, so we rushed off on bike and after a 10-minute wait, quickly had our dinner and practically paid the bill at the counter instead of waiting for it and was just in time to go into the call.

Chicken Drumsticks : Rs.90 ( Ok, Ok), I think Nanking's are way better
Veg Schezwan something: Gravy based item : Rs.60 ( I liked this item)
Egg Fried Rice : Rs.60 ( This was OK again)
2 Softdrinks : 30 bucks
Total : Rs.270

Frankly, I don't like places like Alex's Kitchen but if you look at the money you pay and want to succumb to that chinese food urge, then its worth a visit.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks