Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 12th July 2009, 15:52   #466
D-Man

Market has kicked off a bit. At least for executive management IT sector. Performer level is still experiencing trimming. Give it about a month or two. I spoke with CTO of a well known corporation last week; his take to this whole scenario was 'temporary' According to him India has not seen any real recession yet! All we see these days is speculations, people being over cautious in spendings. India had the niche for cheap tech performers and shall always be the case.

Also people working at IT companies must have noticed many PMO's being formulated these days in india why? All i shall say is everything shall be back to normal pretty soon.

Old 12th July 2009, 16:55   #467
BHPian

Don't know about the recession effect on my job but definitely my car is taking the brunt of it , as no makeover for my car in 2009 .
Old 13th July 2009, 01:04   #468
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Man View Post
Market has kicked off a bit. At least for executive management IT sector. Performer level is still experiencing trimming. Give it about a month or two. I spoke with CTO of a well known corporation last week; his take to this whole scenario was 'temporary' According to him India has not seen any real recession yet! All we see these days is speculations, people being over cautious in spendings. India had the niche for cheap tech performers and shall always be the case.

Also people working at IT companies must have noticed many PMO's being formulated these days in india why? All i shall say is everything shall be back to normal pretty soon.
It depends upon which sector your are talking about. I was talking to some friends and they said their quarterly turnover is down by 50%. I myself is a victim of 50% decrease in overall income.
Old 13th July 2009, 08:20   #469
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
If it does, it will be the shortest recession I would have seen.
Old 13th July 2009, 14:33   #470
Senior - BHPian

More bad news: Siemens IT arm sacks 500 employees: Rediff Money
Old 13th July 2009, 16:00   #471
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpbhatt View Post
Update from my end: was laid of on 27th March 09. Hunted for a job for 2 months and landed with a similar position as my previous job in a startup firm. Took a 10% cut in salary and a good amount of facilities that were defacto in a bigger organization -- on the plus side -- i have a job and i can pay off my home loan and support my family.
Thats a good news !! Congrats Bro!!. I myself went through this couple of times. In Oct 08, resigned from a company bcoz of bad attitude of mgnt, then was at home for a month, joined a big h/w based company (brocade) in their s/w div and got lay off on 31st March. I was at home for 2 months and then joined another company in Jun 09. I always thank god and my family coz of whom I managed to be a sane human being []
Old 13th July 2009, 16:04   #472
D-Man

@samurai- According to me its cyclical to see such short recessions but what is worth to note is the peaks of this one are very steep. After every major war there is a recession. War's usually bring a hike in the economy if you look at trends. This one came after the Bush's rampage, Change in govt and many factors. The reason why this one is predicted to not last as such is a diverse govt for USA. The rampifications promised when exercised shall produce a result which many shall benefit.

Old 16th July 2009, 11:37   #473
D-Man

one of my sister concerns have openings for Asp.net Web-site developer and PHP Developer. Where do i post the requirement? If possible I want a BHPian to be hired.

Old 16th July 2009, 11:41   #474
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
one of my sister concerns have openings for Asp.net Web-site developer and PHP Developer. Where do i post the requirement? If possible I want a BHPian to be hired.
Please go ahead with the post here http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifti...on-thread.html

cheers
Jaggu
Old 16th July 2009, 12:01   #475
D-Man

Thanks Jaggu. I have posted the reqs there.

Old 21st July 2009, 17:32   #476
BHPian

I think the IT market is picking up,alot of companies are started recruitment at least for the laterals ...Hope things will get back to normal ASAP
Old 9th October 2009, 22:19   #477
BHPian

Today i lost my job. I am on 3 month notice. Guys i am from oil & gas sector with 9 years of exp. Can anybody help me.
Old 9th October 2009, 22:25   #478
Senior - BHPian

^^ Sorry to hear that man! Why don't you try abroad. UAE etc. IFF you are willing to go abroad that is.
Old 9th October 2009, 23:32   #479
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prince_pervez View Post
^^ Sorry to hear that man! Why don't you try abroad. UAE etc. IFF you are willing to go abroad that is.
willing to travel anywhere
Old 10th October 2009, 07:44   #480
BHPian

Can anybody help me in finding a job. I am on 3 months notice. I have 9 years of exp in oil & gas sector
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks