Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 10th October 2009, 08:57   #481
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by udaydesai View Post
Can anybody help me in finding a job. I am on 3 months notice. I have 9 years of exp in oil & gas sector
Update skills , move to IT , Learn SAP lot of demand in Oil & Gas,
Shortfall of skills in oil & Gas.
Old 10th October 2009, 20:37   #482
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Can anybody help me in finding a job. I am on 3 months notice. I have 9 years of exp in oil & gas sector
Sorry to hear this Uday!

I thought this was a niche sector. I hope (and reckon) that you have made a resume and posted it on the various job sites. I think you might end up with more offers than fingers on hand!

Quote:
Originally Posted by YVES View Post
Update skills , move to IT , Learn SAP lot of demand in Oil & Gas,
Shortfall of skills in oil & Gas.
No need to learn SAP, if he is interested in going the consultancy way. He can be what he is, a subject matter expert. That way he can remain independent of a product.
Old 10th October 2009, 22:57   #483
Team-BHP Support

Uday, with 9 years experience in the oil and gas sector, you have laods of functional knowledge about the industry. As the others before me have mentioned, you should float your resume and try the waters.
Old 13th October 2009, 12:03   #484
BHPian

Quote:

Heard from a friend that GE Oil and Gas is hiring these days. It is part of GE Infra in India. Try sending your resume.
Old 13th October 2009, 12:12   #485
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by LastActionHero View Post
Heard from a friend that GE Oil and Gas is hiring these days. It is part of GE Infra in India. Try sending your resume.
Quote:
Right on target. They are looking for analysis people. I dont know if it fist you. PM me your CV and I will forward it to my friends
Old 21st October 2009, 09:46   #486
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lambuhere1 View Post
Right on target. They are looking for analysis people. I dont know if it fist you. PM me your CV and I will forward it to my friends
I did PM you my CV, Please do the needfull.

uday
Old 21st October 2009, 10:11   #487
BHPian

I am in the search of changing my job for the first time from my first company.
I wanted to know how to increase my chances of getting interview calls.
Primaryly i am looking for onsite oppurtunities or getting recruited by a foriegn company.
Old 26th October 2009, 09:53   #488
BHPian

Ok here is my story,

Received oral communication from my boss one week before diwali that I have been layed off and that I have three months to find a new job. When I asked what is the reason? He said that there has been forced rating given by the company and the management tried to adjust the "Bell curve". My rating did not fit in the "bell curve" so they further reduced my rating and then adjusted the"Bell curve". After adjusting the "Bell curve" my rating was 1, and since my rating is now 1 the company asked me to find a new job

and hears the icing on the cake, My boss says that my performance is good, but he cannot do any thing as its management decision.

so in to the market searching for a new job.

I am from Oil & Gas sector, total 9 years experience working as Project Engineer.

Need help in finding a job in Mumbai.

Regards
uday
Old 26th October 2009, 10:12   #489
BHPian

sorry to hear that Uday - this bell curve thing is being used a lot these days to adjust ratings. Thats the most common explanation I hear when a person is given a rating below what he actually deserves.
Don't worry with your experience and 3 months in hand, I am sure you will find something good.
Old 26th October 2009, 10:34   #490
Senior - BHPian

Sad to hear that the "bell curve" disease has spread from IT to other industries. The only place where the bell curve does not apply is executive pay.
Old 26th October 2009, 15:26   #491
BHPian

Quote:
There are quite a few jobs in the O&G sector over in KSA. Have you tried your luck with the companies out there?
Old 3rd November 2009, 17:33   #492
Team-BHP Support

Guys,

A good friend of mine needs a job.
He has worked in some of the top companies including a stint in MS.
Total experience in s/w is over 12 years.

His skills include
C/C++/UNIX 8 Years
Compilers 4.5 years
EDA 3.5 years
Core Java 1 year
Visual Basic 2.5 years.
Microsoft-Access 1.5 year, SQL Server 1.5 year

Preferred locations in the same order: Hyderabad, Bangalore and Delhi.

Please PM me for more info.
Thanks

Last edited by bblost : 4th November 2009 at 11:59.
Old 11th November 2009, 16:23   #493
BHPian

Any updates?

Quote:
Originally Posted by msvg View Post
I am in the search of changing my job for the first time from my first company.
I wanted to know how to increase my chances of getting interview calls.
Primaryly i am looking for onsite oppurtunities or getting recruited by a foriegn company.

Any updates?plz advice
Old 11th November 2009, 16:57   #494
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by msvg View Post
Any updates?plz advice
Follow these simple guidelines :-

1. Update your profile in Naukri and other popular job portals with some good cover note to increase your chances. Also, apply to jobs proactively there

2. Talk to all your contacts, you never know where an opportunity will spring at you

3. Be active on business networking websites like Linkedin/Ryze etc and make it evident that your available

4. Getting an onsite opportunity/offer directly is tough but possible if local companies hire you for an onsite assignment

5. Make a list of consultants in your city/other cities and send your resume to them and ping them regularly

If you make half the above efforts, you can easily land up a good job. Good luck !
Old 6th February 2010, 19:20   #495
BHPian

Quote:
Ok here is my story,

Received oral communication from my boss one week before diwali that I have been layed off and that I have three months to find a new job. When I asked what is the reason? He said that there has been forced rating given by the company and the management tried to adjust the "Bell curve". My rating did not fit in the "bell curve" so they further reduced my rating and then adjusted the"Bell curve". After adjusting the "Bell curve" my rating was 1, and since my rating is now 1 the company asked me to find a new job

and hears the icing on the cake, My boss says that my performance is good, but he cannot do any thing as its management decision.

so in to the market searching for a new job.

I am from Oil & Gas sector, total 9 years experience working as Project Engineer.

Need help in finding a job in Mumbai.

Regards
uday
Hello guys,
Would like to give you all some update on my current condition. My last day in my company was on 31st jan-10, went through hell as no company was hiering. Posted my resume at almost all job web sites but still no reply. Few very good did call me, but these company were only testing the water and not hiearing, in fact all good company would find silly reason to reject me,was almost in tears, still no luck.

Just one week before my last day, I was hired by a relative small company and was some what related to my current job. but the post offered was one ahead of my current position. pay was also good ,would pay off my loans and would maintain a decent life.
so my friends, yes i have survied the worst.

My support was that of my 5 month old son, each passing day I would look at him and said to myself " yes I will give him a very good life"
Learnt my lesson
1- never sit back on your achivement.
2- never fell in love with your company.
3- each day learn some thing new.
4- when you feel that you have learn't every thing from the present company , just change the company.
5- talk more to your family, take them in confidance.
6- never feel shy in asking for a job even from your enemy.

I do not know about IT but I am from Oil & gas sector, and if a gap comes in the experience then no company will hire you.
I have seen, people with lesser exp are at higher level just because they know some one in the company , its gets on your nerve.
friends always remember that Belive in yourself , belive in your ablities, success will follow.

I am yet to see success but yes I am on my way.

AAL ISS WELL
uday
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks