Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th April 2019, 22:54   #826
BHPian

Re: Which Perfume/Cologne/Deodorant do you use?

Can anyone give me a lead where can I source Blue Stratos perfume if at all it's available anymore, preferably online please?
Old 15th April 2019, 00:10   #827
BHPian

Would anyone have an idea where Jules by Dior may be available? Tried several stores in London, Dubai and in Indian duty free stores but to no avail.

For those who haven't heard about it, it's one of Dior's earliest scents for men and an interesting description can be found at https://www.fragrantica.com/perfume/...ules-1243.html
Old 15th April 2019, 09:12   #828
Senior - BHPian

I have been using Burberry Touch (Men) since long time. Had tried many other good perfumes, liked the good fragrance but usually developed a headache. However the ones which I purchased in India turned out to be duplicate, so I always purchase my quota from abroad especially airports.
The Burberry suits me well.

In deodorants which I use everyday, I use Axe which is reasonably priced and has a longish lasting fragrance.
Old 15th April 2019, 20:12   #829
BHPian

I tried searching, but didn't get any relevant result for this. If it's already posted please merge.

I came across this youtube vlog sometime ago and thought to post it here.

As per the video they make customized fragrance according to your tastes and are probably OEM suppliers to big ticket brands worldwide.

Arihant Fragrance

Shop No. 17, MM Market, Janpath Rd, Janpath, Connaught Place, New Delhi, Delhi 110001

https://goo.gl/maps/uSLkeBpt1qT2
Old 23rd April 2019, 01:31   #830
Distinguished - BHPian

I sweat a lot and the Chennai summer doesnt help a bit. I usually can smell my sweat within 15 mins of travel from home to office in an AC cab - this after applying Javadhu powder under arms and a perfume spray around the neck.

Been thinking of buying a perfume which I can carry or keep in office so I can use when required. Went to a supermarket and casually noticed the small packs of deo kept in the rack and picked this 'pocket deo' from engage. I love the portability and I can just put it in my pocket. The width is that of a small matchbox. Promises 250 sprays and its a little generous (each spray). Loved this 'Woody' fragrance. Costs just Rs. 60/-. Yet to check how long does it last - will update here in a week.
Which Perfume/Cologne/Deodorant do you use?-20190421_164119_hdr.jpg

Which Perfume/Cologne/Deodorant do you use?-20190421_164126_hdr.jpg

PS : Saw Yardley and some other brands too having such similar packs - seems the brands do see a very promising market for these.

Last edited by swiftnfurious : 23rd April 2019 at 01:35.
Old 23rd April 2019, 14:48   #831
Senior - BHPian

I swear by these 3:
1. Davidoff Coolwater
2. Bvlgari Aqva
3. CK One

Coolwater and Aqva are quite similar the CK One is a little strong. I've stopped buying Coolwater in India due to number of fakes around.
hiren.mistry is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd April 2019, 16:10   #832
Senior - BHPian

I have been using Shuhrah by Rasasi from almost 8 years now. I also like most men perfumes from Rasasi.
Old 25th April 2019, 05:49   #833
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by trammway View Post
  • Amouage Interlude EDP (tried it in a store few days ago and instant purchase made but I’m yet to open the box. This is love at first sniff)
  • Burberry London EDT
  • Jaipur Homme by Boucheron EDT
  • CK One by Calvin Klein EDT
  • TH Bold by Tommy Hilfiger EDT
  • CK Be by Calvin Klein EDT
  • Grey Flannel by Geoffrey Beene EDT
  • Versace Eros EDT (not in picture)

Apart from the list above I still have a special interest towards the TN product Javadhu

In the recent days I have started liking various Amouage scents. Today I picked Amouage Epic.

What a mesmerizing perfume it is! This is a stellar of a perfume, I already like and own Interlude from Amouage but Epic is kind of everyone’s favorite. Interlude really requires a very complex interest for scents to be able appreciate it.

Which Perfume/Cologne/Deodorant do you use?-6e5dcf1da0ef4a6c914169e2a071cae2.jpeg
Old 5th May 2019, 09:50   #834
Senior - BHPian

It’s raining Amouage niche fragrances in my closet this month.

Today accidentally I came across an offer at Amazon.in that Amouage Jubilation xxv 1.7oz is sold at ₹5880($85) and paying through SBI cards can get another 10% instant discount on it. Wow!

Just jumped in and placed the order. I’m hoping this will not be a fake product and decided to try anyway. Now the waiting game starts....

From the post of Amazon, the picture shows the older non-magnetic cap version of Jubilation xxv, if only that is truth then I hit a jackpot today. These non magnetic cap versions are suppose to be the most sought original formulation. Will Amazon.in tease or win my heart?

Total damage after the discount is ₹5292($77). Not bad for Amouage fragrance!

Which Perfume/Cologne/Deodorant do you use?-ced9d809525d40d181cf7719a71b1e37.jpeg

Which Perfume/Cologne/Deodorant do you use?-546ffece047c416ab12f8c3eee2382cb.jpeg

Last edited by trammway : 5th May 2019 at 09:55.
Old 5th May 2019, 12:06   #835
BHPian

My usage of colognes are based on time of day and I do follow it heartily.

Mornings: Old Spice original (Still the best ever)
Afternoons: Davidoff Cool water(Has a youthful bit to it, gets better after an hour of wearing)
Evening: Ralph Lauren Polo(Is serious. Perfect of evenings. Cannot be worn casually.

On holidays I wear just one throughout day is mont blanc starwalker . (Fruity, spicy and woody, this is mild and has a nice effect on mood)
Attached Thumbnails
Which Perfume/Cologne/Deodorant do you use?-img3635.jpg  

Which Perfume/Cologne/Deodorant do you use?-img3636.jpg  

aditbelw is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th May 2019, 21:58   #836
BHPian

Eau de / vapouriser. Been using since last 20 years
1. Open by Roger and Gallet pronounced as galley.

Woody smell last for more than a day. Very manly.

Even after so many years my nose has not got used to it and seems strong and fresh at any point of time.
Old 12th May 2019, 09:42   #837
Senior - BHPian

I was going through this thread’s older posts and amazed how many fellow team-bhpians are acquainted to the Javadhu powder that I introduced some times ago, my special thanks to each one of you for trying it out. Now I think I found one more classic oriental southern perfume that needs to be brought into the lime light

I’m talking about none other than the Karnataka government’s handicraft industry produced “Cauvery Sandal Oriental Spray by Hankey Perfume”

Recently I got an opportunity to buy one of these little 26ml spray for ₹210, and believe me it is a blissful experience at the first sniff. This product needs an attention from the fragrant community. With a right combination of presentation and marketing this oriental perfume will rock the world. The longevity, throw and performance are the best to my nose. Whenever I wore this perfume I got complements from people around.

Mysore sandal is world famous ingredient in any niche perfumery in the face of the earth but when it comes to hitting the consumer retail our quality of presentation and marketing is way inferior in all means., that is precisely is the case with the Hankey perfume as well. The box is cheap, the bottle looked as if (may be true) made from recycled poor materials, the plastic cap is a joke and not to mention the atomizer is no better in any sense. The juice in the bottle is world class but the presentation!

Due to lack of major perfume brands in India like Creed of France, Amouage of Oman and Ajmal of UAE etc. the beautiful Indian aromatic industry is always at the back seat of world’s perfume scene. This phenomena has almost killed the direct potential market for indigenous perfumers of India. I hope this will revive and Indian perfumery wil put the strong foot forward in the future.

I don’t think that any other perfumery in the world has ever extracted the smell of earth as the Indian perfumery achieved through the Attar Mitti.

Anyway cutting my long story short, Presenting the brilliant ”Cauvery Sandal Oriental Spray by Hankey Perfume” for your try and your point view
Which Perfume/Cologne/Deodorant do you use?-6590f4b5465246aea98228d640d0988b.jpeg

Next one that last week I got my hands on is Montblanc Individual, another beautiful scent for mature men
Which Perfume/Cologne/Deodorant do you use?-397077f1571e4d008cb3874110c74c44.jpeg

Last edited by trammway : 12th May 2019 at 09:50.
trammway is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th May 2019, 11:32   #838
Distinguished - BHPian

Haha. Good one trammway. Man, you have moved out from all the 4*4 threads to perfumes now lol.

By the way, that perfume is marketed for hankeys (kerchiefs), so its a hanky perfume, not *made by hankey perfumes*

I will drop down to the emporium store and get one as well to support our own indigenous scents. Sick of all the chemical based expensive imported stuff.

Would you know of where i can buy a good bottle+atomizer for use to make my own and refill?

Last edited by Red Liner : 12th May 2019 at 11:33.
Old 13th May 2019, 08:43   #839
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Liner View Post
Man, you have moved out from all the 4*4 threads to perfumes now lol.

By the way, that perfume is marketed for hankeys (kerchiefs), so its a hanky perfume, not *made by hankey perfumes*

Would you know of where i can buy a good bottle+atomizer for use to make my own and refill?
Yes, after moving to USA my 4x4 journey has halted completely. Sold all my Jeeps in India including my beloved Explorer. This side of the world keeps me running on a Mercedes Benz E350 and a Harley Davidson UltraClassic yet no 4x4 life as I stuck in NJ. These days watches, perfumes, photography and biking keeps me busy. The following picture is an example of what is growing in my closet for fragrance world.
Which Perfume/Cologne/Deodorant do you use?-5c97b81888014ca3b25a8d8c4e6ca375.jpeg

Oh gosh. Thanks for pointing the Hankeys secret :-).

Regarding the Atomizer: There are plenty on eBay that you can order or optionally you can order from AliExpress as well. Lots of options but I personally never tried.

Last edited by trammway : 13th May 2019 at 08:51.
Old 5th June 2019, 10:13   #840
Team-BHP Support

Any of you BHPians have used Zara Black Tag Intense? Does it last?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks