Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd November 2011, 21:45   #166
Senior - BHPian

re: Are you a PMP (Project Management Professional)?

Sorry for going OT and sorry to say, but the thread title is really misleading!
Old 7th December 2011, 20:32   #167
BHPian

Can anyone please help me by suggesting Best Institute for PMP training in Delhi/NCR ?
Old 9th December 2011, 17:30   #168
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prashant.dinkar View Post
Can anyone please help me by suggesting Best Institute for PMP training in Delhi/NCR ?
Take any institute listed in pmi website. But check the trainer's profile before joining.
Many of them run courses with part-time trainers who may not have experience. Especially those who conduct weekend classes. Try taking leave and attend regular classes. All the best!!
Old 25th March 2012, 18:24   #169
BHPian

Recently completed 35 hrs training in office from pmsoft. Did anyone took exam recently. Need suggestion for preparation.
Old 25th March 2012, 18:44   #170
Senior - BHPian

I forgot to update that I took the PMP exam on December 27th, 2011 and passed!

It was the most excruciating test I've taken so far, reason being that I am just not used to getting bombarded with 200 questions on a PC that pop up one after the other in a time span of 4 hours. .

All exams I've taken thus far were with pen and paper, and mostly subjective, essay-type (I am from Arts background, and the last exam I took was LLB in 1997).

It took me 3 hours 10 minutes to complete, and then review the 30 questions I had marked for later use--those were questions that involved some sort of calculations or were ambivalent). I could complete those in 45 minutes.

When I finally clicked on the submit button, it appeared like it took ages for the scorecard to be displayed, but I heaved a sigh of relief when I found out that I'd passed.
Old 28th March 2012, 15:29   #171
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post
I forgot to update that I took the PMP exam on December 27th, 2011 and passed!

It was the most excruciating test I've taken so far, reason being that I am just not used to getting bombarded with 200 questions on a PC that pop up one after the other in a time span of 4 hours. .

All exams I've taken thus far were with pen and paper, and mostly subjective, essay-type (I am from Arts background, and the last exam I took was LLB in 1997).

It took me 3 hours 10 minutes to complete, and then review the 30 questions I had marked for later use--those were questions that involved some sort of calculations or were ambivalent). I could complete those in 45 minutes.

When I finally clicked on the submit button, it appeared like it took ages for the scorecard to be displayed, but I heaved a sigh of relief when I found out that I'd passed.
Congratulations!! It's really commendable feat. Coming from Arts background and clearing PMP is wonderful
Old 28th March 2012, 15:33   #172
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by prashant.dinkar View Post
1. Astrowix - Noida contact Vaibhav Awasthi - 8826007224

2. Proxalt - contact Shobhana - 9840288813
Old 28th March 2012, 15:48   #173
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitesquall View Post
Congratulations!! It's really commendable feat. Coming from Arts background and clearing PMP is wonderful
Thanks. Part of the success can be due to the fact I'd worked as a PM in Franklin Templeton a few years back, and had to undergo some internal PM courses. But those were not as tough or as detailed as PMP. Moreover, some chapters like HR and Procurement were pretty easy for me due to my industry experience in SAIL.

My study plan comprised of the following over a span of 55 to 60 days:-
  1. Read a chapter in PMBOK.
  2. Read the same chapter on Rita's
  3. Read the same in the handout given by SABCONS
  4. Attempt all questions in Rita (took a print out to make life easy). The onlline guide is tough to scroll up and down.
  5. Attempt all the questions given by SABCONS.
  6. Memorize the chart in the PMBOK that shows all the process groups and the knowledge areas.
  7. Took leave on Friday and Monday, and revised 1 to 6 above.
  8. Took exam on Tuesday and cleared.
Average time devoted per day was around 2 hours. But in the 5 days before the exam, it was around 8 hours.

Wish you guys all the best.
Old 30th March 2012, 06:46   #174
BHPian

Star PMO in Chennai. ANy reviews on their classroom courses? Got their contact from PMI REP search.
Old 4th April 2012, 18:25   #175
Oxy
BHPian

What I gather is, in order to be eligible to apply, you need to have 5 years of management experience (if you do not have a four year degree, which I don't). And you need to show 7500 hours of project wise experience in the application.

How are you guys managing this? Can I show coding/development experience? I am not into project management at this stage in my organization, but I want to be PMP certified in order to enhance my chances for just that - getting into management.

I know that I can take up PM associate exam, which requires only the classroom training and nothing else, but I want to go for PMP.
Old 4th April 2012, 23:22   #176
BHPian

Has anyone heard or experienced Knowledgewoods? They provide classes to clear PMP. Claim money-back if exam is not cleared. I am sure the last lines are with 'Conditions Applied'. Below is an extract of the mail from them.

Quote:
KnowledgeWoods Consulting - PMI Global R.E.P. and Microsoft® Partner has been the First and till-date, the
only PMI Global R.E.P. in India to offer the most transparent, easy to understand 100% Pass - Money Back Guarantee for their training programs leading to PMP® Certification.

Register Today & Avail Special Offers on PMP® Programs
April 2012
> Bengaluru, Hyderabad: 21-22 & 28-29
> Gurgaon, Pune: 07-08 & 14-15
> Kolkata, Chennai: 21-22 & 28-29

KnowledgeWoods - Trusted Partner for PMP® Exam
Our best in class workshop deliverables, qualified/experienced faculty, dedicated post workshop support with 2000+ Questions on New Exam Pattern help aspiring Project Staff Prepare and Successfully Clear PMP® Certification Exam, at the very First Attempt.
MaSh
Old 5th April 2012, 11:13   #177
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oxy View Post
What I gather is, in order to be eligible to apply, you need to have 5 years of management experience (if you do not have a four year degree, which I don't). And you need to show 7500 hours of project wise experience in the application.

How are you guys managing this? Can I show coding/development experience? I am not into project management at this stage in my organization, but I want to be PMP certified in order to enhance my chances for just that - getting into management.

I know that I can take up PM associate exam, which requires only the classroom training and nothing else, but I want to go for PMP.
As far as I know, most organizations are suppotive in such cases. I know many developers whose experience was questioned by PMI audit . In their cases, the companies they worked for, but current and prior, certified that they were involved in project planning and execution.

It helps to not burn your bridges when you leave a company, and this is one example of quid pro quo.
Old 6th April 2012, 17:53   #178
BHPian

Guys,

attaching a comparative between several Project Management Courses that you guys may find useful
Attached Thumbnails
Are you a PMP (Project Management Professional)?-snap.jpg  

Attached Files
File Type: xlsx PM Certificates compared.xlsx (13.3 KB, 682 views)
Old 17th April 2012, 23:24   #179
BHPian

Requesg to please uploAd a higher resolution pic. i could hardly make out anything from it.
Thanks in advance !!
Old 17th April 2012, 23:29   #180
BHPian

Anupam has posted xls link too.

Thanks for your information Anupam.

Pradip.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks