Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th August 2022, 18:13   #2716
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: The Regional movies thread!

Gargi Sony Liv

One of the better and powerful movies I have seen off late. Heartbreaking to the core, the movie is an eye opener. Sai Pallavi is just brilliant and probably delivers her career best till now. Recommended watch.

Rating: 5/5
ABHI_1512 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 13th August 2022, 16:43   #2717
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by binand View Post
Isn't that just a matter of applying to the SRO (via RTI, if required) for a certified copy and submitting it in the court?

(Btw, the court was talking of sale deed)
Please watch Shekhar Gupta's expert denunciation of the case (and the character assassination without any proof or investigative journalism by Kerala Police and press at the time) sometime in the 90's for India Today I think. The link can be found in his recent column / video on the print.

I know it is difficult to believe otherwise when you take position based on evidence placed before you, but it really was an illusion created. Like many strategic setbacks for India over the last 3 decades, the super-ethical Kerala CM seems to be a party to this as well.

I too believed in the story at the time, and stopped subscribing to Frontline after it emerged just how shoddy the reporting was on this.

Last edited by chinkara : 13th August 2022 at 16:44. Reason: Typo
chinkara is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th August 2022, 01:09   #2718
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajeevraj View Post
Not a movie review, but the latest viral Malayalam thing on the internet. Been trending no 1 on. YouTube India music videos for a few days now.
Quote:
Originally Posted by benbsb29 View Post
My wife told me this was viral, and so we watched it too, adding to the views again.
Nna Thaan Case Kodu - (M) - Theatre - 5/5

A fun filled entertainer. After a long time, bursting into laughter throughout, by watching a movie from a theatre. Almost got a chocked throat by laughing.

This definitely needs to be watched and difficult to explain with a review. Especially a theatrical watch to not get distracted and miss subtle dialogues. After the recent award winning movie "Thingalazcha Nischayam", this is another one set in north KL and with local slang.

Kunchako, of course, unbelievable transformation from a chocolate boy look. But more than him, the rest of the characters are the ones who pulled it off, especially by a character who played the Judge role. Every scene of his is awesome.

Movie talks about a social awareness and fight against one of the buzz issue currently - "pot holes" and with tons of humor. You rarely get those combination. This proves that a serious issue can be told in a very satirical way and still make an impact. Thanks to the makers of this.

Last edited by balenoed_ : 14th August 2022 at 01:10.
balenoed_ is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 14th August 2022, 23:48   #2719
Senior - BHPian

Watched Thallumaala this weekend. Absolute fight-riot-colorful movie. Loved it to the core for the value quotient and theatre experience. The movie is non-linear and filled with entertainment non-stop from the get go. Tovino seems to be very apt for this role and has owned it just like how he did it with Mayanadhi. The other cast members too get very good screen presence. Camera, editing, music, costumes, art - seems like all departments got to showcase their talent in this movie. There are two fight sequences in the movie that have been shot really brilliantly and that are definitely worthy of the big screen experience. If your a fan of the genre don't miss this in the theatres.

Last edited by TrackDay : 14th August 2022 at 23:53.
TrackDay is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th August 2022, 18:52   #2720
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajeevraj View Post
Not a movie review, but the latest viral Malayalam thing on the internet. An old popular song combined with a freaky dance from Kunchacko Boban. Been trending no 1 on. YouTube India music videos for a few days now.
][/center]
Quote:
Originally Posted by balenoed_ View Post

A fun filled entertainer. After a long time, bursting into laughter throughout, by watching a movie from a theatre. Almost got a chocked throat by laughing.

Thanks guys hope you were able to watch the film with the family, i was the cinematographer on this one. it is a total family entertainer
famousshoes is offline   (53) Thanks
Old 16th August 2022, 09:19   #2721
Distinguished - BHPian

Malayankunju - Malayalam

The Regional movies thread!-screenshot-20220816-7.42.35-am.png

Decent watch although found the second half to be a drag. Fahad was good and A R Rahman worked his magic providing a pretty good BGM.

Rating - 3/5 (Available on Amazon Prime)

Gargi - Tamil

The Regional movies thread!-screenshot-20220816-7.47.45-am.png

I thought this would be like any other ordinary movie but I was wrong. It was a pretty good one. Everyone acted pretty well right from Sai Pallavi, her dad and the advocate.

Highly recommended.

Rating - 5/5 (Available on Sony Liv)

Cadaver - Tamil

The Regional movies thread!-screenshot-20220816-7.51.36-am.png

The reviews were not encouraging but decided to watch since it was sort of a thriller. It wasn't bad actually although nothing to talk about. It was a decent one time watch.

Rating - 2.5/5 (Available on Disney Hotstar)
naveen.raju is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th August 2022, 09:31   #2722
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Fully agree with you. We watched this in the theatre and it was an excellent movie. Brilliant acting by everyone. It was difficult to believe that it was the first movie of the person (P P Kunjikrishnan) playing the role of the magistrate. As per newspaper reports most of the actors are first time movie actors. The story is told in a very entertaining way. This is a great example of how to convert a simple incident to a great story telling that keeps the audience engaged.

Malayankunju
I would rate this 3/5. Fahad was excellent. And overall a good entertainer. The picturization & BGM was pretty good. Watched it in the theatre.

Pappan
I would rate this 3/5. A good investigative thriller. Story is not very unique but kept us engaged. Watched it in the theatre.

Last edited by pjbiju : 16th August 2022 at 09:37.
pjbiju is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 16th August 2022, 12:01   #2723
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by famousshoes View Post
Thanks guys hope you were able to watch the film with the family, i was the cinematographer on this one.
Oh Man, you here! What a surprise. Never knew one of the crew is part of this group! Now that you are here, let me add this - Fantastic camera work . As the movie is mostly in a court room set up, seriously, it takes some skill to capture the actions and hook the audience into it. And that was well done! The audience were so much with it. Please do convey our compliments to the entire crew!

What you guys have made is an amazing one. At a time where you mostly see thrillers, actions, horrors.. what was missing was a plain and simple comedy where you can laugh whole heartedly.

Being a native of the same place where the film revolves around, I watched it with a houseful of local crowd there and it was just so enthralling.

How I wish the magistrate character continued till the end of the movie.

I am going for a second time watch today, this time in B'lore, for some stress busting.

Last edited by balenoed_ : 16th August 2022 at 12:21.
balenoed_ is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 16th August 2022, 13:27   #2724
BHPian

Haha so glad you were able to connect so well. Awesome!
Thank you for the kind words, shall convey.

I guess the magistrates absence was keenly felt, it was used to mark the passage of time.
Now that you're going for a second time, please do watch in a theatre with decent sound and image brightness
Best!

Last edited by benbsb29 : 17th August 2022 at 04:44. Reason: Corrected punctuation. Please adhere to the forum rules on punctuation when posting. Thanks.
famousshoes is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 16th August 2022, 13:38   #2725
BHPian

Gaalipata 2 : Kannada movie in theaters : Romantic Comedy!?

Those who would've watched Galipata [2008] - and have similar expectations you'll be disappointed. First half of the movie where they could've made the movie more lively has been rushed. You don't feel connected to the story. And second half has been stuffed with lot of emotional scenes. Some of the lighter moments/dialogues are great and to be expected of this gang [of actors/director]. But overall I feel it's a missed opportunity.

I guess the sudden vacuum created 2 major bollywood duds helped this movie's popularity.

Personal Recommendation:
Avoid/Watchable/Watch
somspaple is online now   (7) Thanks
Old 16th August 2022, 14:18   #2726
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveen.raju View Post
Cadaver - Tamil

The reviews were not encouraging but decided to watch since it was sort of a thriller. It wasn't bad actually although nothing to talk about. It was a decent one time watch.

Rating - 2.5/5 (Available on Disney Hotstar)
Saw this over the weekend and was expecting something similar to Forensic but was disappointed. Weak storyline, wooden acting by lead actress with that weird hairdo. Nothing worked well in the movie.

Rating: 2/5
ghodlur is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th August 2022, 09:01   #2727
Senior - BHPian

HARIVU

Not sure if the movie will really connect with many; it did for me.

This is the story of a helpless father trying to steer his son towards as essential and important destination. Although the plot becomes clear within the first half hour and therefore the element of curiosity takes backseat, the movie is good enough to keep us glued to the screen till the end.

Directed by Mansore and starring the late Sanchari Vijay, HARIVU is a road movie that has very few parallels in Sandalwood.
dailydriver is online now   (4) Thanks
Old 17th August 2022, 10:29   #2728
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Now that you're going for a second time, please do watch in a theatre with decent sound and image brightness
Best!
Yeah, watched on 4K Dolby Atmos.

There is a significant difference in the video quality (of course, it has to be) compared to the previous theatre which was at the native, a normal one. In fact I had wondered at that time that why was the picture quality so low. Any technical reasons that you could share? Does it happen with any video formats or was this shot for a 4K presentation and hence this difference. Or it doesn't matter?

On another note, this time I noticed that a character (CPO) in the film is given your name.

PS: Taking the advantage here, do share some inside stories/making/behind the scenes/fun facts etc.. of the movie when you get a chance. It definitely would be an interesting read.

Last edited by balenoed_ : 17th August 2022 at 10:34.
balenoed_ is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 18th August 2022, 13:10   #2729
BHPian

Quote:
Yeah, watched on 4K Dolby Atmos.
Ok, thats great! Thank you for making the effort

Quote:
There is a significant difference in the video quality (of course, it has to be) compared to the previous theatre which was at the native, a normal one. In fact I had wondered at that time that why was the picture quality so low. Any technical reasons that you could share? Does it happen with any video formats or was this shot for a 4K presentation and hence this difference. Or it doesn't matter?
Yes! It matters. The image quality is dependent on many factors like the screen brightness or gain, the age of the projector bulb, the throw distance of the projector etc. Most theatres do not have 4k projection and theatre owners are most reluctant to replace a dim projector bulb or a screen that has aged and has lost its reflectance. Sometimes even if the projectors are high end like a Barco or Christie they re not well calibrated even in the better cinemas.
I was shocked to see the image in Screen 3 / lulu mall in kochi with a highly contrasty image with no detail in the shadow areas while an adjacent screen had an acceptable image. The Padma theatre in Ernakulam is another cinema that has absolutely dismal sound and image. So surprisingly, quality control for the theatre viewing experience is something that cinema owners are not very bothered about.

For fellow geeks -

https://www.projectorcentral.com/the...t&entry_id=779

https://cinemaster.christiedigital.com/

https://projectorninja.com/the-secre...ally-revealed/

Quote:
On another note, this time I noticed that a character (CPO) in the film is given your name.
That is true, sharp eyes there but not surprising on this forum.
Btw the news reader who appears on the TV and the mobile phone is the Director of the film.

Quote:
: Taking the advantage here, do share some inside stories/making/behind the scenes/fun facts etc.. of the movie when you get a chance. It definitely would be an interesting read.
- This movie was filmed in northern kerala over a period of 52 days.
- This film has an aspect ratio of 1.85 and not full screen of 2.39
- The entire court house and the Devi / Rajeevan house is a set that was built
from the ground up by the Art dept.
- Most of the actors were facing a film camera for the first time.
- Filmed on the Arri Alexa mini LF camera with supreme prime lenses.

I can direct you to an interview with the director where he discusses the making of 'nna than case kodu' / sue me - This is a Malayalam interview.

Cheers
famousshoes is offline   (25) Thanks
Old 19th August 2022, 04:41   #2730
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
- This movie was filmed in northern kerala over a period of 52 days.
- This film has an aspect ratio of 1.85 and not full screen of 2.39
- The entire court house and the Devi / Rajeevan house is a set that was built
from the ground up by the Art dept.
- Most of the actors were facing a film camera for the first time.
- Filmed on the Arri Alexa mini LF camera with supreme prime lenses.
Thanks a lot for sharing. I haven't watched the movie yet, looking forward to it.
benbsb29 is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks