Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th February 2013, 20:59   #436
Senior - BHPian

Re: The Regional movies thread!

‎Natholi Oru Cheriya Meenalla- VK Prakash is a film maker who has shown the guts to experiment with all his films. But its a fact that he has tasted success only a few times. Most of his experiments fails to appeal to the common man. NOCM is the latest on that list.
Fahad appears as Preman who's the caretaker of a flat at Cochin. Everyone in the flat calls him 'Natholi', the reason for which is unknown. The other main characters are the residents of the flat. He faces some unfortunate events at the flat. He starts to write a story with the same characters in his real life and plays with their lives in his story. The first half is good enough with some good moments and superb dialogues. But the second half went totally wrong. The outcome would have been entirely different, had the script writer and director shown a bit more seriousness in handling the subject. We get to see a new Fahad in this movie. His expressions and dialogue delivery were excellent. Kamalini Mugherjee was ok. Background Score was good.
Even though this movie will not find many takers I would suggest this to those viewers who'd like to try out something new.
My Rating- 5/10.
Old 9th February 2013, 12:29   #437
BHPian

Watched marathi movie Baalak Palak, absolutely mind blowing movie, superb direction superb acting, everything superb. The theme is also very nice. Kudos to Ravi Jhadhav for making such a film. Its about how adolescents find about sexuality in a very wrong manner. The movie is absolutely clean and not at all vulgar. Go ahead and watch it, these type of movies come very rarely. My rating 5/5.
Old 11th February 2013, 10:00   #438
Distinguished - BHPian

Natholi Oru Cheriya Meenalla

Had loved some of VK Prakash's recent films for it's experimental nature but NOCM didnt live to the expectations. Fahad acted pretty well in this and the dialogues by Shankar was spot on and quite hilarious. But everything else was a complete let down. Kamalini was good and Rima just had couple of scenes. Nothing to comment there.

Altogether, brilliant acting by Fahad and good dialogues but nothing else.

Rating - 4/10 (Avoidable)
Old 12th February 2013, 09:00   #439
Senior - BHPian

Natholi Oru Cheriya Meenalla: I agree with the reviews of the film posted earlier. In short, this is an experiment gone wrong. The premise is interesting, but the execution is a let-down. Towards the end of the film, boos were ringing out in the movie hall I was in. So I guess the movie will not find many takers.

Fahad was good, the film is almost a one-man show by him. Among the crop of young actors, I think he is the one who is trying to do something different in each film.
Old 15th February 2013, 16:01   #440
Senior - BHPian

Cowboy- I had stopped watching Asif Ali's films after Asuravithu and Unnam. Went to watch Celluloid and since I didnt get tickets for that, finally ended up watching Cowboy. Aaah! Another stupid movie! We get an idea about the quality of the movie in the first 5 minutes itself. Hero's nephew is kidnapped by a group and he's asked to kill a minister if he wants the kid back. The next few hours in hero's life forms the rest of the movie. Performance of all lead actors, right from Asif Ali to a little kid is boring. Jagathy Sreekumar does a cameo and that's the only good scene in the film. Songs and BGM were bad. Script and direction is below average.

My Rating- 3/10.
Old 15th February 2013, 16:51   #441
Distinguished - BHPian

Celluloid (സെല്ലുലോയിഡ്)

Celluloid (സെല്ലുലോയിഡ്):

I think everyone should watch this to know the efforts & sacrifices behind the first Malayalam Movie Vigathakumaran. This is NO entertainer, but a very serious movie, the life & death of Dr.J.C.Daniel. Well re-created 1930s. Liked the costumes & make up of all the actors. My pick of actors - TG Ravi for his 2 mins performance! One song which gives the pure feel of 1940s. Good job - M. Jayachandran. Slow movie but makes you feel nice.

This is a MUST Watch (no ratings this time), for every Malayalam movie buffs out there. Thanks Kamal for this tribute.
Old 18th February 2013, 19:31   #442
Distinguished - BHPian

Theevram (തീവ്രം)

Watched Theevram. Good story,but lacks finesse! Not really convinced by Dulkhar's talent either. Support cast below par. Some nice & intense BGM / Music would have brought more life to it. Worth a watch though.
Old 7th March 2013, 16:02   #443
Distinguished - BHPian

Shutter:

I would say a 'Thriller gone wrong'. Although the story line is simple, the movie drags on. There are some exciting moments at times which grabs everyone's attention. Sreenivasan, Lala, Vinay Fort acted really well but have to mention about Sajitha who portrayed her character really well. Except for couple of exciting moments and Sajitha's acting, the movie is not all that great.

Old 11th March 2013, 10:46   #444
Distinguished - BHPian

Kili Poyi:

A simple movie with a very common plot. Nothing new here. Typical life of a bachelor in a metro and their way of enjoying their life. Asif was just OK but Aju did his role pretty well with good comedies. Female characters had nothing special to show. Sampath tried to make his character attractive which kind of gives a negative impact. 90% of his dialogues are used for swearing others (which is really boring). Raveendran's opening shot was kinda funny but too much of the same things was portrayed throughout (boring). The movie's opening was kinda cool and the background score is brilliant (especially the final fight scene. Filled with dialogues of old movies). Music was just ok.

Verdict - 5/10 (Watchable - If you have couple of hours of absolute freetime)
Old 15th March 2013, 09:07   #445
Senior - BHPian

Re: Theevram (തീവ്രം)

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
Watched Theevram. Good story,but lacks finesse! Not really convinced by Dulkhar's talent either. Support cast below par. Some nice & intense BGM / Music would have brought more life to it. Worth a watch though.
Its a good watch especially with the crime scenes we read on daily basis ! Thought it was another copy from some english initially.

Idiots: 3/5. An good time pass fun film.

916: 2/5 .duh! Can someone tell me what the name has to do with the film if any had seen it Another Asif film but ANoop in main role. A divorced man who lives with his daughter story. Nothing new. Lot of songs but couple are good. Please mute when the pizza songs comes though!

Last edited by jkdas : 15th March 2013 at 09:11.
Old 15th March 2013, 11:46   #446
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveen.raju View Post
Shutter:

I would say a 'Thriller gone wrong'. Although the story line is simple, the movie drags on. There are some exciting moments at times which grabs everyone's attention. Sreenivasan, Lala, Vinay Fort acted really well but have to mention about Sajitha who portrayed her character really well. Except for couple of exciting moments and Sajitha's acting, the movie is not all that great.

Saw this movie on Monday and liked it. Really impressed with the performance of all the actors. It's not a thriller at all. A simple story narrated well.
Old 26th March 2013, 11:06   #447
BHPian

Amen:-

A different movie by Lijo Jose Pellissery.Even though I liked his previous movies ,when I went to watch the film,I was a bit desperate how the film will be,but turned upto my expectations.The Performance by Fahad Fasil,Indrajith and others is superb but Swathi Reddy disappoints.The story draggs a bit in the middle but iss refrashing.Cinematography by Abhinandan Ramanujan is superb.Dialogues are spot on and very humorous.Music is also new and fresh but lyrics of some songs are trash.Worth a watch
Rating-8.5/10(Must Watch)

Last edited by shk 8896 : 26th March 2013 at 11:10.
Old 27th March 2013, 15:26   #448
Senior - BHPian

Watched Amen yesterday and we liked it. Excellent acting by indrajit and Fahadh, superb Cinematography and some really funny dialogues. Hats-off to the producer for taking risk in investing this kind of movie. All supporting actors did their job well. Special mention to Joy Mathew, Natasha Sahgal, Makarand Deshpande, Kalabhavan Mani and Rachana

Rating: 3.5/5

Last edited by Latheesh : 27th March 2013 at 15:27.
Old 27th March 2013, 16:16   #449
Senior - BHPian

FacetoFace : 2.5/5.
An ok thriller. Ex-cop helps solve a crime scene. You get enough 'interval/loo breaks' thanks for two songs. The opening song actually did give me a negative feel about the film, too kiddish. Another Mamooty film which didnt do a good job at cinemas I guess.
Old 1st April 2013, 10:27   #450
Distinguished - BHPian

Amen:

Brilliant movie. Excellent acting by Fahad, Indrajith and Joy Mathew. Everyone acted pretty well. I should point out the brilliant camera work. Excellent songs with a divine touch. As the tag line goes, it's indeed a divine comedy.

Rating - 8.5/10 (Must Watch)

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks