Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th November 2022, 14:08   #166
bht
BHPian

Re: The Airtel Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggu View Post
Any idea where all in Bangalore Airtel 5G signal is enabled, I heard it is active in and around their main office on Bannerghatta Road near Jayadeva flyover. Any other areas where BHPians have experienced the same?
I have seen 5G signals in Mahadevpura area since 3 weeks now on Samsung F23 5G phone even before the "supposed" software update that is supposed to enable 5G. Its a different story that speeds aren't great, perhaps that update will optimize it.

"My Airtel" app does list the area as 5G enabled.
bht is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th November 2022, 17:52   #167
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by bht View Post
"My Airtel" app does list the area as 5G enabled.
1- Where exactly in Mahadevapura?

2- How do we check on the map? Or are you referring to Bangalore city in general which it shows.

Some more details would be helpful.

With regards to speed, have you switched network to 5G? ie toggle the mode to 5G goto Airplane mode for 10 sec and latch back. Otherwise though it may show 5G will be connected to 4G as per some internet articles.

Last edited by Jaggu : 11th November 2022 at 18:04.
Old 11th November 2022, 17:59   #168
BHPian

My first experience with 5g plus airtel. Handset Samsung Galaxy S21 5g. Android 13 with one Ui 5.Location is Between Phoenix mall and Brigade metropolis Mahadevapura. First one is outdoor and second one indoor.
Attached Thumbnails
The Airtel Thread-screenshot_20221111_173637_chrome.jpg  

The Airtel Thread-screenshot_20221111_172717_chrome.jpg  

Last edited by aadya : 11th November 2022 at 18:00. Reason: Information mismatch
aadya is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 11th November 2022, 18:47   #169
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggu View Post
1- Where exactly in Mahadevapura?

2- How do we check on the map? Or are you referring to Bangalore city in general which it shows.

Some more details would be helpful.

With regards to speed, have you switched network to 5G? ie toggle the mode to 5G goto Airplane mode for 10 sec and latch back. Otherwise though it may show 5G will be connected to 4G as per some internet articles.
You are right. Airtel uses something known as Non Standalone architecture (NSA). 4G is still the anchor and 5G leg is added to offer higher/additional capacity. Uses existing 4G core network.
Jio is SA (standalone) which is end to end including 5G core network.
PreludeSH is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 17th November 2022, 09:51   #170
BHPian

Any pointers suggestion on Airtel postpaid and Airtel black (single billing). We have four airtel prepaid in our family - 2 in TN and 2 in Karnataka. We have one airtel broadband and Tata sky DTH. All of us recharge once a year to the longest validity for about Rs 3K.

Airtel is offering a plan for 1799+gst, total outgo 2122/pm. This is slightly higher than the current outgo but not of too much concern. But the moot question is about the quality of service. Couple of my friends having Airtel postpaid vouch for better quality of service, both voice and data. Second would be the remaining balance for the existing prepaid validity(one connection has 7 months validity left), whether airtel would prorate it and credit it to the postpaid is not known. Any suggestions from Airtel veterans.
Old 17th November 2022, 13:12   #171
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aadya View Post
Any pointers suggestion on Airtel postpaid and Airtel black (single billing). We have four airtel prepaid in our family - 2 in TN and 2 in Karnataka. We have one airtel broadband and Tata sky DTH. All of us recharge once a year to the longest validity for about Rs 3K.

Airtel is offering a plan for 1799+gst, total outgo 2122/pm. This is slightly higher than the current outgo but not of too much concern. But the moot question is about the quality of service. Couple of my friends having Airtel postpaid vouch for better quality of service, both voice and data. Second would be the remaining balance for the existing prepaid validity(one connection has 7 months validity left), whether airtel would prorate it and credit it to the postpaid is not known. Any suggestions from Airtel veterans.
You will have to port from pre-paid to post-paid and also move the circles. Airtel Black plans are for the same circle only for eg. all 4 connections have to be either in KA or TN. Call 121 and check on the balances etc, I believe they will not be moved.
Old 17th November 2022, 13:19   #172
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
My first experience with 5g plus airtel. Handset Samsung Galaxy S21 5g. Android 13 with one Ui 5.Location is Between Phoenix mall and Brigade metropolis Mahadevapura. First one is outdoor and second one indoor.
Did you get 5G enabled on your S21? The Airtel app on my S21 Ultra says my phone is not 5G . I got the Android 13/ One UI 5 update last week.

Last edited by fhdowntheline : 17th November 2022 at 13:36.
Old 17th November 2022, 19:46   #173
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fhdowntheline View Post
Did you get 5G enabled on your S21? The Airtel app on my S21 Ultra says my phone is not 5G . I got the Android 13/ One UI 5 update last week.
The airtel app says so when we are not in 5g covered area. The 5G coverage was available only in particular area in bangalore. In my home and workplace it is still not available. I did not do anything other than updating the Android and switching to 5g in network settings.
aadya is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 18th November 2022, 08:02   #174
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
The airtel app says so when we are not in 5g covered area. The 5G coverage was available only in particular area in bangalore. In my home and workplace it is still not available. I did not do anything other than updating the Android and switching to 5g in network settings.
That means the message is misleading-there is a difference between a phone being 5G capable and a phone being 5G enabled. The message indicates the former. Its says the phone does not support 5G.

Last edited by fhdowntheline : 18th November 2022 at 08:04.
Old 29th November 2023, 17:19   #175
BHPian

Question regarding Airtel closed loop calling. Airtel had provided "intercom" connection (like soft EPABX) in our apartment, that is who ever had Airtel land-line could call each other using 2xxx. Also they had provided a few free lines to have the security cabin (2000) and other amenities locations.

Now, since they converted all copper lines to fiber, the security cabin line is dead. Looking for options to have a fixed connection in the cabin. Any pointers on how to go about? One option is to have the line converted to fiber and have modem and handset connected, but will it robust and trouble free? Any other solutions possible?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks