Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st May 2009, 22:47   #91
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Kapasi View Post
It is really all in good humour. I am laughing while posting the screenshots and I hope everyone will enjoy it in good humour and sport too.

So now - I will continue. Please let us not jump up in defence of Rajinikanth anymore and let us all laugh in a healthy, silly manner. That was the objective of my thread.
Of course, I'm only posting those occasional snippets for anyone who might have a slightly misconstrued opinion about the man.

I'm laughing my head off too, some of the subtitles are just or . I can't decide!

Imagine if Sivaji was our Oscar entry or something...just the subtitles would get us an oscar.......in the comedy department!
Old 21st May 2009, 23:53   #92
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpbhatt View Post
The babe is Shriya Saran. Has acted in a good number of telugu and tamil movies and was seen in a couple of hindi movies Shukriya ( opp Aftab) and Ek ( opp Sunny)
Shriya also stars in The Other End of the Line, a hollywoodish Hinglish movie. The movie is great and Shriya is adorable. In the movie, watch the way she goes "Grangerrrr..."

Cheers!
DueLLeR
Old 22nd May 2009, 00:06   #93
Senior - BHPian

Art of movie sub-titling revealed !!!

Quote:
...I thought Gautam was crazy. But he's normally crazy....
Wonderful way to start this humour-filled thread !!! Bravo !
Quote:
... It is comically disrespectful, irreverant and humourous - a mixture of some badly translated subtitles and hilarious settings around the songs...
Truly good humoured, Sam Kapasi , I am really enjoying this thread .
Quote:
It's Venice! No wait it's chennai. It's Vennai!
LOL...hope you know that Vennai transliterates to "butter" in Tamil .

Last edited by Blue Thunder : 22nd May 2009 at 00:09.
Old 22nd May 2009, 01:38   #94
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DueLLeR View Post
Shriya also stars in The Other End of the Line, a hollywoodish Hinglish movie. The movie is great and Shriya is adorable. In the movie, watch the way she goes "Grangerrrr..."

Cheers!
DueLLeR
Some further info: Her first featured kiss was in this movie.
Old 22nd May 2009, 02:24   #95
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Meanwhile the bad guy strikes. Sivaji boomerangs a gun at him, the gun rolls out, fires between the baddies eyes and returns back to our hero's hands. Beat that you Australian aborigines!
Somebody fires a bullet at our hero. He's more thunderous than a bullet. he won't stop it.

He fires at a car, causing it to blow up and topple over all the baddies. The day is saved!BTW I'm glad you're enjoying this. I'm grinning from ear to ear.
some trivia:
The exact same set (Adhiratee song) with the baddies firing was used to shoot a hindi movie song. Forget the name but it was a multistarrer with Ajay Devgan. Platform sharing in film industry too.
Old 22nd May 2009, 03:12   #96
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mpower View Post
some trivia:
The exact same set (Adhiratee song) with the baddies firing was used to shoot a hindi movie song. Forget the name but it was a multistarrer with Ajay Devgan. Platform sharing in film industry too.
If you've been to Film City (Mumbai or Hyd), you might have seen that they have streets and buildings dedicated to different locales. For example, the one in Hyd has a "rural" locality where they have village type houses and a small market etc. I'm assuming this is the "cowboy" street or something..they have all sorts really. They've recently come up with a "future" themed set. What are the odds of seeing that in "Robot"?

That aside, the set for the song "Vaaji Vaaji" is supposed to hold the record for being the largest built for a song in India.
Old 22nd May 2009, 09:34   #97
Senior - BHPian

this thread had me and my team rolling around in our bays with laughter! absolute riot !
Old 22nd May 2009, 11:21   #98
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I am pointing out comical moments of the movie, perhaps laughing at some silly aspects of the role (that were meant to be funny in the first place) and TOTALLY ridiculous English (literal) translations that sound quite retarded to a non-tamil speaker like me.
The uncle who is with him in this movie is the no.1 comedian in tamil cinema & is much younger to his nephew. So that alone proves that this was a laugh riot & not to be taken seriously.

And the translation is to die for.
Old 22nd May 2009, 11:22   #99
BHPian

Quote:
some trivia:
OT was it CASH ? i havent seen the movie so cant comment
Old 22nd May 2009, 11:25   #100
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
some trivia:
Golmaal Returns, Tha Tha Kar ke.

About the Platform sharing in film industry too.

If I recall correctly the mirrors used in the Pyar Kiya to darna kya song of Mughal-e-Azam were reused in the movie Taj Mahal.

Last edited by bblost : 22nd May 2009 at 11:32.
Old 22nd May 2009, 11:27   #101
Senior - BHPian

^^ damn, you replied before I could

Yes it was that song & one can clearly see the resemblance in the way the song is shot, I just hope the song too isnta direct lift of the same song.
Old 22nd May 2009, 11:38   #102
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Technocrat View Post
I just hope the song too isnta direct lift of the same song.
Nope,for the song they looked to the west. Its a rip off of the song "Gasolina" by some idiot called "Daddy yankee"!!
Old 22nd May 2009, 12:33   #103
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pradster View Post
Nope,for the song they looked to the west. Its a rip off of the song "Gasolina" by some idiot called "Daddy yankee"!!
That's so not true.
I know you are referring to the beat and the style. This is Reggaeton and at some point all reggaeton songs can sound similar.
Have you considered Shakira's "Hips don't lie" and "La Tortura"? - Are they all ripped off Gasolina?
And Daddy Yankee is no idiot. He is one of the few that brought Reggaeton to the rest of the world from Puerto Rico.

Now I sound like a Rajini fan, lol.
Old 22nd May 2009, 12:45   #104
BHPian

Quote:
That's so not true.
I know you are referring to the beat and the style. This is Reggaeton and at some point all reggaeton songs can sound similar.
Have you considered Shakira's "Hips don't lie" and "La Tortura"? - Are they all ripped off Gasolina?
And Daddy Yankee is no idiot. He is one of the few that brought Reggaeton to the rest of the world from Puerto Rico.
No offenses Sam, but I cant be blamed for suffering from an OD of Reggaeton from my life in Brazil and Mexico!
Specially Mexico!

Coming back to "tha karke" ( lol) the opening strains are a direct lift from Gasolina, I hope you agree to that much.
Old 22nd May 2009, 13:03   #105
Distinguished - BHPian

Tamil Nadu becomes America!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by esteem_lover View Post
And the translation is to die for.
No Sir,

THIS is to die for.

A YetiŽ POV - A funny look at Sivaji with Subtitles-picture-3_l.jpg

A YetiŽ POV - A funny look at Sivaji with Subtitles-picture-4_l.jpg
I do not know what it is like in America, but in India it is not legal to put your cat's name in the ration card. No matter how much your heart yearns for it.

A YetiŽ POV - A funny look at Sivaji with Subtitles-picture-5_l.jpg
Ooh. I like Herbal medicines. I would certainly not flee from those. But the Yeti is no ghost.

A YetiŽ POV - A funny look at Sivaji with Subtitles-picture-6_l.jpg
Wha?? Huh?? I wonder...
Winking eyes will make the sarees vanish of young girls? No wait... winking eyes won't vanish?
Does this mean if my eyes will vanish if I don't wink at young Sari-clad girls? But what if they scratch my eyes out?
This makes me scratch my head...

A YetiŽ POV - A funny look at Sivaji with Subtitles-picture-7_l.jpg
Oh absolutely! Just keep Tommy out of the ration card.

OKAY!

Last edited by Rehaan : 22nd May 2009 at 16:38. Reason: As per PM. BTW - LOLarious thread!

Most Viewed

Copyright Š2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks