Team-BHP > Shifting gears

Search this Thread
Old 10th September 2010, 01:12   #616
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by trammway View Post
Finally I bought the Omega Seamaster Professional 2541.80.00 model, This is not the picture of my actual watch but this is the same model I have got with me.
Attachment 406665
Got myself the same watch a couple months back. Blue dial. The 007 edition was available only in black :(

You mind taking a picture of the back of the original watch and putting it up?
I believe there are 2 different editions for the same. I have the one with the bigger seahorse, w/o the waves/ripples around it and Planet Ocean written below it.

Also, do you mind sharing the cost? Just to have an idea what the same watch would cost elsewhere.

Thanks
Old 10th September 2010, 21:29   #617
lsp
BHPian

Latest addition to the collection:-
Which watch do you own?-reebokwatch_02.jpg

Gifted by my lil sis today, on my birthday

Quote:
Originally Posted by lsp View Post
The last 2 watches that I purchased:-

Attachment 313363

Love the Black and Steel look. No golden for me please. I won a golden watch with maroon strap once which was promptly gifted to a relative.

Apart from them, I have a Titan watch (Gray and Steel) & a London watch (again Black & Steel, very much like the Guess watch but with a square dial rather than rectangle). No pics of them right now :(
Old 11th September 2010, 00:42   #618
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by v&v View Post
@SS-Traveller - Raga is cute. Nice buy.
Thanks, v&v.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jkdas View Post
How much? And dont tell me you wear those
I find ladies' watches equally attractive to buy, but not wear! That's a full set of watches for the family - L>>R: for daughter, wife & self. Funny how no one else buys watches for the rest of the family...
Old 14th September 2010, 15:48   #619
BHPian

hi

I own a THE ONE (Samui moon)binary watch for formal wearing. And a digital watch from kenneth cole for casual wear.
Attached Thumbnails
Which watch do you own?-dsc_0656.jpg  

Which watch do you own?-dsc_0654.jpg  

Which watch do you own?-dsc_0658.jpg  

Old 17th September 2010, 02:41   #620
Senior - BHPian

WEST END WATCH Co. Pocket Watch, The dial calls the model name as "Competition" and "Bombay - Calcutta"
Which watch do you own?-img_0004.jpg

Only the Britishers know what they were meaning by Competition and West and East Metros of India.

Now the characteristic of this clock is that the entire body of this clock is made of Silver and the dial is made of Ceramic.

Finally the beauty still ticks sharp second after second. One more proud collection in my bag ;-)
Old 19th September 2010, 22:54   #621
BHPian

The latest addition: Jacques Lemans F1 Monte Carlo Automatic.

Which watch do you own?-dsc_0327.jpg

It's BIG and RED!!
Old 19th September 2010, 23:51   #622
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vcash View Post
The latest addition: Jacques Lemans F1 Monte Carlo Automatic.
Attachment 426391
It's BIG and RED!!
Uh-oh... that's one very LOUD watch, vcash. The red dial would still have been bearable, but the band... .
Old 20th September 2010, 00:07   #623
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SS-Traveller View Post
Uh-oh... that's one very LOUD watch, vcash. The red dial would still have been bearable, but the band... .
Me likey.

If it was just red dial, it would have looked funny.

Can one also post $ of the watch?
Old 20th September 2010, 09:31   #624
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

a classic indeed
this is really a very very nice pocket watch!

Quote:
WEST END WATCH Co. Pocket Watch, The dial calls the model name as "Competition" and "Bombay - Calcutta"
Attachment 424988

Only the Britishers know what they were meaning by Competition and West and East Metros of India.

Now the characteristic of this clock is that the entire body of this clock is made of Silver and the dial is made of Ceramic.

Finally the beauty still ticks sharp second after second. One more proud collection in my bag ;-)
Old 20th September 2010, 10:13   #625
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shankar.balan View Post
a classic indeed
this is really a very very nice pocket watch!
Thank you sir. You are absolutely right and I was impressed the way it works after so many years and still keeps the time in accurate point.

In a couple of days my collection will also hold the following watches

1. Omega Pocket watch
2. HMT Excel
3. HMT Pilot
4. HMT manual wind watch
Old 20th September 2010, 10:32   #626
lsp
BHPian

West End Watch Co. was originally formed by Arnold Charpié. The marque was purchased in 1886 by Constant Droz and Arnold Amstutz who developed the brand via their sales centres in Bombay and Calcutta, India. In 1917, Arnold Amstutz (who was by then the sole proprietor) established a company in Geneva, Switzerland, which took control of the brand. West End Watches were very popular with British troops in India and the Middle East during the First World War.

Source: BDWF Forum Index Page - View Single Post - West End Watch identification assistance needed

BTW, I like the watch very much.

Quote:
Attachment 424988

Last edited by lsp : 20th September 2010 at 10:34.
Old 20th September 2010, 10:45   #627
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lsp View Post
West End Watch Co. was originally formed by Arnold Charpié. The marque was purchased in 1886 by Constant Droz and Arnold Amstutz who developed the brand via their sales centres in Bombay and Calcutta, India. In 1917, Arnold Amstutz (who was by then the sole proprietor) established a company in Geneva, Switzerland, which took control of the brand. West End Watches were very popular with British troops in India and the Middle East during the First World War.

Source: BDWF Forum Index Page - View Single Post - West End Watch identification assistance needed

BTW, I like the watch very much.
Thanks much my friend.

Wow thats a wonderful information, So as per this information my watch should be produced between 1886 - 1917. Close to 100 years now or crossed 100 years ;-)
Old 20th September 2010, 13:26   #628
Senior - BHPian

Where can one get to view the Seiko 5 and HMT range in Mumbai?
Also, are Jacques Lemans watches available in India?

Last edited by Jayabusa : 20th September 2010 at 13:28.
Old 20th September 2010, 13:38   #629
lsp
BHPian

That wouldnt be implied by the description in the info I posted earlier. It merely says that the company got established in 1886 & the brand was developed during that time. I believe "Bombay - Calcutta" is akin to a brand.

When your particular watch was produced, is something the seller would know. Quite possible it is old, but how old is something that needs further investigation.

Quote:
Thanks much my friend.

Wow thats a wonderful information, So as per this information my watch should be produced between 1886 - 1917. Close to 100 years now or crossed 100 years ;-)
Old 20th September 2010, 15:12   #630
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SS-Traveller View Post
Trust me - It's the band that makes this one pop. A beautiful red in a detailed carbon fiber finish. I have several other conservative watches for regular wear but wanted one to don on those fun weekends! Plus these match my bright red shorts!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkdas View Post
Me likey.

If it was just red dial, it would have looked funny.

Can one also post $ of the watch?
This was a birthday gift so unfortunately I don't know the $ myself. However from what I have seen, the JL auto's typiclly retail between 200 and 400 Euro.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayabusa View Post
Where can one get to view the Seiko 5 and HMT range in Mumbai?
Also, are Jacques Lemans watches available in India?
Your best bet for Seiko 5 is Ebay. Specifically Ebay Singapore - Great prices from reputable sellers. Try Timeparadise or Premier World on the bay. They Fedex as well so you have the watch within 3 days. Duty typically comes in at Rs. 3K for a $100 USD watch (The overall price is still around 40% less than what you would get in India),

From what I know, JL is not available in India. Mine was bought in Germany. However, you can check with Rohan Galla at Watches of Switzerland on Linking Road - Hey may be able to special order or recommend a nice alternative.

Last edited by vcash : 20th September 2010 at 15:13.

Most Viewed