Team-BHP > Shifting gears

Search this Thread
Old 24th August 2012, 14:50   #1441
Distinguished - BHPian

re: Which watch do you own?

Quote:
Originally Posted by lsp View Post
It may sound like a stupid question as I have no idea of owning high end watches like Omega Rolex Tag Heur.

Does Rolex come without a strap, always? Or was your's an offbeat case?
Maybe.
If you force rolex to ship an omega....

But seriously, I was also wondering why its without a bracelet/strap?
The omega site doesnt list any such option.
Old 24th August 2012, 15:15   #1442
BHPian

Its Fossil for me all the way! Loved all the watches Fossil has to offer.
Currently using one with a full black dial & tanned leather belt!
Looks classy and is worth the money.
Old 24th August 2012, 16:45   #1443
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayankk View Post
Maybe.
If you force rolex to ship an omega....

But seriously, I was also wondering why its without a bracelet/strap?
The omega site doesnt list any such option.
If you look at the Warranty date it is 2007. So I think that the watch is pre owned, just that the seller has retained all the original packaging and the documentation.
Old 24th August 2012, 18:54   #1444
JVH
Senior - BHPian

Apologies for not having explained the background prior to posting about this acquisition. I guess I got carried away after all.

I first noticed this watch a year ago during my business trip to Lausanne. The business unit where I work here in Bangalore is headquartered in Lausanne and over the years, I've made some good friends there. A good colleague and friend of mine and I happened to visit my friend's friend who happened to own the watch store in which this particular model was displayed. I fell in love with it instantly and knew this has to be my first Omega. Until then, I was looking for good deals on Seamasters, devilles or Baume et Merciers but never settled on one. Unfortunately, at that time the price quoted was high for a 4 year old watch and I was hoping to strike the deal on that basis. This is a 2007 model indeed but never worn or used since the first owner bought it for his collection and sold it within a few months for his own reasons. And only now when the store owner decided to sell all old and new (unsold) stocks, my friend was kind enough to inform me and helped me in striking the deal. I would have loved to buy in the store itself but the owner was in a hurry to clear and he was not willing to wait until my or my colleague's next trip. And hence the online buying and Fedex shipping.

This is an old Aqua Terra model which is now discontinued. The new one comes with beautiful vertical stripes and the famous 8500 calibre movement.

All the watches do come fresh with a bracelet and sometimes leather straps. In this case, the straps got sold out separately a few months ago since the model was discontinued and there weren't any fresh stocks available readily. I hope this explains the lack of bracelet/strap.

I hope all your questions are answered. Do let me know if you would like to know more details. This is a perfect dress watch IMO barring the mighty Grand Seiko Hi-beat in that price range. The pictures do not justice to the clean lines and finishing. And here are a few more pics with an after market strap I just fixed on it today.
Attached Thumbnails
Which watch do you own?-img00656201208241731.jpg  

Which watch do you own?-img00658201208241731.jpg  

Which watch do you own?-img00660201208241731.jpg  

Which watch do you own?-img00662201208241732.jpg  

Old 24th August 2012, 21:28   #1445
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JVH View Post
Apologies for not having explained the background prior to posting about this acquisition. I guess I got carried away after all.

I first noticed this watch a year ago during my business trip to Lausanne. The business unit where I work here in Bangalore is headquartered in Lausanne and over the years, I've made some good friends there. A good colleague and friend of mine and I happened to visit my friend's friend who happened to own the watch store in which this particular model was displayed. I fell in love with it instantly and knew this has to be my first Omega. Until then, I was looking for good deals on Seamasters, devilles or Baume et Merciers but never settled on one. Unfortunately, at that time the price quoted was high for a 4 year old watch and I was hoping to strike the deal on that basis. This is a 2007 model indeed but never worn or used since the first owner bought it for his collection and sold it within a few months for his own reasons. And only now when the store owner decided to sell all old and new (unsold) stocks, my friend was kind enough to inform me and helped me in striking the deal. I would have loved to buy in the store itself but the owner was in a hurry to clear and he was not willing to wait until my or my colleague's next trip. And hence the online buying and Fedex shipping.

This is an old Aqua Terra model which is now discontinued. The new one comes with beautiful vertical stripes and the famous 8500 calibre movement.

All the watches do come fresh with a bracelet and sometimes leather straps. In this case, the straps got sold out separately a few months ago since the model was discontinued and there weren't any fresh stocks available readily. I hope this explains the lack of bracelet/strap.

I hope all your questions are answered. Do let me know if you would like to know more details. This is a perfect dress watch IMO barring the mighty Grand Seiko Hi-beat in that price range. The pictures do not justice to the clean lines and finishing. And here are a few more pics with an after market strap I just fixed on it today.
Congrats on the Omega. This is a beautiful watch.
Old 24th August 2012, 22:06   #1446
Team-BHP Support

Newbie alert: How good is Fossil guys? Just learned that my wife has purchased one to gift me. Its worth 15k..yet to see it though.

Would be my first watch outside of titan/ Fasttrack family. Hence not sure how much value fossil brand carries.
Old 24th August 2012, 22:59   #1447
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
Newbie alert: How good is Fossil guys? Just learned that my wife has purchased one to gift me. Its worth 15k..yet to see it though.

Would be my first watch outside of titan/ Fasttrack family. Hence not sure how much value fossil brand carries.
In the last 1 year, I have bought around 5 or 6 watches from Fossil (for gifting to family members). I absolutely love the Fossil looks and I personally own a black Fossil watch with a black dial
Old 25th August 2012, 00:07   #1448
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post

Own a Blue Fossil Speedway for 8 years. Just changed battery once. Very strong build quality. But 15k? Personally I have never seen a fossil about 10k.
Old 25th August 2012, 16:12   #1449
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by singleton View Post
In the last 1 year, I have bought around 5 or 6 watches from Fossil (for gifting to family members). I absolutely love the Fossil looks and I personally own a black Fossil watch with a black dial
Quote:
Originally Posted by abdriver2000 View Post
Own a Blue Fossil Speedway for 8 years. Just changed battery once. Very strong build quality. But 15k? Personally I have never seen a fossil about 10k.
Thanks guys!

Got it today. And must say - I'm one happy man.
Which watch do you own?-fossil.jpg

Like like 15k is a good deal seeing the prices qouted online.
11% Online Sale - Purchase at Rs17,695 - Fossil Men's Ansel ME3022 Black Stainless-Steel Quartz Watch with Black Dial , GhadiWala.com
Old 25th August 2012, 20:40   #1450
BHPian

Hello! An interestin thread.
And about the watch I own. It is an ebel gents classic model. Am not sure about how good ebel is but I know for sure that it is very expensive. Mine was a birthday gift from dad and its 1.4 L approx.
Old 26th August 2012, 18:55   #1451
JVH
Senior - BHPian

Seiko Bell-matic. I don't know much about the model. It was an impulsive buy for 4K. Perhaps folks here can tell more about this specific model, movement, year of manufacture...etc
Attached Thumbnails
Which watch do you own?-img00664201208241732.jpg  

Which watch do you own?-img00665201208241733.jpg  

Which watch do you own?-img00666201208241733.jpg  

Which watch do you own?-img00667201208241733.jpg  

Old 26th August 2012, 20:02   #1452
BHPian

I own this edifice. Bought for 6500 6 months back.

Name:  ForumRunner_20120826_200127.png
Views: 1092
Size:  411.9 KB
Old 27th August 2012, 05:24   #1453
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JVH View Post

Its bautiful watch JVH. Clean and Elegant. Many congratulations.
Care to share the total damage to your pocket?
Old 27th August 2012, 06:06   #1454
sun
BHPian

Nice thread, never found it till now.

I use a WIMM One, a Sony ericsson MBW 150 and a Citizen ecodrive. My daily wear is either the WIMM or the sony.
Old 27th August 2012, 06:14   #1455
JVH
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by C300 View Post
Its bautiful watch JVH. Clean and Elegant. Many congratulations.
Care to share the total damage to your pocket?
Thank you. Had to shell out INR 80K including buying, shipping and duties.

Most Viewed