Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd September 2012, 19:18   #1486
v&v
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arvindmanju

Awesome watch, had seen at my friend's house How much did this watch cost you?
Thanks Arvind. It should be around 22-23k. Retail price is around USD 475. Don't know the exact price yet.

My friend bought form Singapore. This particular model is not avaliable in India.
Old 4th September 2012, 07:46   #1487
BHPian

re: Which watch do you own?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kap04 View Post
Thinking of getting this Edifice :

http://www.watchkart.com/casio-edifi...v-watches.html

Any feedback on the model?

Its available for 9,896/- on Watchkart.com , and when i checked the same model in Central, its 10995/-.

And i would like to get a feedback on Watchkart.com as well, as i have never interacted with them before.
I have the exact same watch.Its really worth the price.But I would ask you to put in a little extra and go in for the gold and black model.Just check it out.Model name is ef-558sg-1a.Costs a little bit more.The watch is excellent dont worry.
Old 4th September 2012, 10:43   #1488
BHPian

Bought a citizen ecodrive earlier this year. Its a very nice one and its my favorite to date (first pic)

This is how it looks when I wear it (second pic)
Attached Thumbnails
Which watch do you own?-watch.jpg  

Which watch do you own?-watch_on_hand.jpg  

Old 4th September 2012, 21:16   #1489
BHPian

I have a Raymond Weil Geneve 5567 watch which i need to repair. Any shops in Bangalore where i can repair the watch?
Old 4th September 2012, 22:03   #1490
JVH
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I have a Raymond Weil Geneve 5567 watch which i need to repair. Any shops in Bangalore where i can repair the watch?
Check out my experience with Zimsons Garuda mall below.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JVH View Post
Folks,

Thought I would let you know my experience with Raymond Weil Tango. Here's how it looks like (pic from web)
Attachment 960697

I had purchased this watch 2 years ago and just 3 days before the 2 year warranty expired, it stopped functioning. I went to Zimsons' Garuda mall to have it checked. They replaced the battery and I was told all was right. 10 mins later it stopped functioning again. The guys checked again and recommended to get a free service done since it was still under warranty. I get to know today that some shaft has been damaged and it will have to be procured from Switzerland. I could not believe it. The guys were perplexed too. Since this was more like a dress watch, I had limited its use to only occasions and this is how I end up with. I will get updates from Zimson whenever the part arrives and hope things go back to normal. Will update you guys.

P.S - This isn't a maligning post against a manufacturer, but just to give a heads up to all the watch lovers here. Its a great watch and the bracelet is the best I've seen and felt even in prices 2~3 times of this one. Oh and don't lose your warranty card :-)
Quote:
I collected the watch today. Its now working absolutely fine. The funny part is Zimsons were not ready to disclose what exactly was the problem and what part they actually procured. I wasn't charged anything since it was under warranty. Observed it over 8 hours and did not see any unwanted surprises.

Now that RW problem is solved, I'll have to take care of a Vostok-Europe Arktika. Its a 32 jewels automatic and its minute dial has come off lose and dangling slightly. Movement seems to be fine. I'd like to try a different service center than Zimsons. Any recommendations?
If your watch is not under warranty, try Everjoy on Commercial street. Its right next to Krishna Chetty and Sons.
Old 5th September 2012, 14:57   #1491
BHPian

Landed up buying two watches this week
1)Citizen Eco Drive BL5250-11L 2)Suunto Ambit with HR
Attached Thumbnails
Which watch do you own?-img_20120905_144432.jpg  

Which watch do you own?-img_20120905_144636.jpg  

Old 5th September 2012, 19:22   #1492
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
If your watch is not under warranty, try Everjoy on Commercial street. Its right next to Krishna Chetty and Sons.
Sorry am quoting an irrelevant post to get your attention

Have a Citizen Eco Drive - an extremely old one - probably a decade old. Gifted by my granny. The glass on it got scratched pretty badly and the Citizen service outlet here in Bangalore said they cant fix it since the watch is too old and they dont have the piece.

Would your watch repair guy be able to get this fixed? I read a few pages back that you have a trust worthy watch repair guy you go to get little work done. I am loathe to have this perfectly running watch out of sight.
Old 5th September 2012, 21:26   #1493
JVH
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Liner View Post
Sorry am quoting an irrelevant post to get your attention

Have a Citizen Eco Drive - an extremely old one - probably a decade old. Gifted by my granny. The glass on it got scratched pretty badly and the Citizen service outlet here in Bangalore said they cant fix it since the watch is too old and they dont have the piece.

Would your watch repair guy be able to get this fixed? I read a few pages back that you have a trust worthy watch repair guy you go to get little work done. I am loathe to have this perfectly running watch out of sight.
No problem mate

How bad is the scratch? Is there a scratch or a crack? Scratches normally can be removed by buffing. In your case if it cannot be done, replacing it is the only option. It probably has to be ordered.

The shop I normally go to is located on Kamaraj road. Praveen Watch Shop is the name. From M.G. road towards Commercial street, don't take left towards the commercial street. Go straight from the street entrance and about 60-70 meters ahead, you will find it on the right side. Its not exactly on the main road but slightly inside but you won't miss it from the main road. Ask for Shaikh Mohammed. He is pretty honest and reliable guy. Good in his job too. I don't mind leaving my expensive pieces with him.

Another place where most watch enthusiasts go to is Everjoy which I mentioned in my previous post. Its on the Commercial street, right next to Krishna Chetty and Sons, above the Titan showroom.
Old 5th September 2012, 21:33   #1494
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
No problem mate

How bad is the scratch? Is there a scratch or a crack? Scratches normally can be removed by buffing. In your case if it cannot be done, replacing it is the only option. It probably has to be ordered.
Thanks brother! Will have the watch sent over to see who has that ready in stock and have them fit it in. Its a pretty deep scratch!

Is there any watch thats durable and still looks good? Anything from seiko?
Old 5th September 2012, 21:55   #1495
JVH
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Am really a big fan of Seiko. Divers are what you should be looking for durability and looks. Here's my Seiko SE-SNZF05.
Which watch do you own?-img00711201208311810.jpg

Though its just 100m water resitance (not really a diver), its fantastic looking. This is a year old model and really good looking in person (please excuse the dusty pic). If you like this kind of styling with rotating bezel, here are some more for you (pics from web). Enjoy!

Which watch do you own?-seiko-skz229k1.jpg
Which watch do you own?-seiko-ska511.jpg

Last edited by JVH : 5th September 2012 at 21:56.
Old 5th September 2012, 22:51   #1496
BHPian

My family is into watches from my great grandfather's time. We've got some of the rarest pieces which are present on the earth today. I've two uncles, both of them are antique watch collectors. One of them gifted me one of these, when i passed my 10th exams with good marks

http://titanworld.com/in/watches/products/?id=306
Old 5th September 2012, 23:44   #1497
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by v&v View Post
Thanks Arvind. It should be around 22-23k. Retail price is around USD 475. Don't know the exact price yet.

My friend bought form Singapore. This particular model is not avaliable in India.
Its a beautiful watch inspired by the Omega Speedmaster. It is available off Flipkart.
http://www.flipkart.com/seiko-analog...b-0e4770756863
Old 5th September 2012, 23:59   #1498
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Seiko has quite a few models that are good looking as well as durable, specially in their Seiko 5 Sports range.

I have this one: http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifti...ml#post2583200

Cheers,
Vikram
Old 6th September 2012, 09:13   #1499
v&v
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by robimahanta View Post
Its a beautiful watch inspired by the Omega Speedmaster. It is available off Flipkart.
http://www.flipkart.com/seiko-analog...b-0e4770756863
Thanks Robimahanta and yes its really good watch in black and steel combination. Wished the dial around 48mm then it would have been prefect.
Didn't search online but enquired at Ethos and got feedback.
Old 6th September 2012, 10:19   #1500
BHPian

Quote:
Thinking of getting this Edifice :

http://www.watchkart.com/casio-edifi...v-watches.html

Any feedback on the model?

Its available for 9,896/- on Watchkart.com , and when i checked the same model in Central, its 10995/-.

And i would like to get a feedback on Watchkart.com as well, as i have never interacted with them before.

have you already bought this. i dont have pm facility so quoting you please check this link out. hope im not too late.
color is different though http://shopping.rediff.com/product/c...watch/11137436
regards,
Harsha

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks