Team-BHP - Suggestions for Team-BHP from Team-BHPians
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Shifting gears (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifting-gears/)
-   -   Suggestions for Team-BHP from Team-BHPians (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifting-gears/59432-suggestions-team-bhp-team-bhpians-317.html)

I guess we are restricting the usage of emoticons to 2 is to keep the posts uncluttered and meaningful.

This is not anything serious but a quick thought that occurred to me on the overall readability of posts. May I please suggest that we get smaller / similar sized emoticons which won't consume extra line as shown below. In my opinion, the extra line / space / height consumed by big emoticons like the "deadhorse", "rules", "please" etc do break the aesthetics of the page.

Name:  sug.JPG
Views: 503
Size:  70.6 KB

P.S. Those who disagree with aesthetics can post a quick reply with a smiley of their choice :p

Quote:

Originally Posted by smartcat (Post 2919136)
You should be worried only if the Team-BHP message says "Your computer will self-destruct in 5 seconds" and Mission Impossible Theme starts playing automatically in the background.

lol: that will never happen. Most probably the pop up was from our secure gateway. Realized later on after i have posted here .

On a separate topic , Not Sure if other are facing issues or not but I am unable to open the second page on below thread . getting Below error . first page open fine and can browse all other threads on forum. In notification mail also, i received junk running into 2 pages .

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...ked-again.html

Suggestions for Team-BHP from Team-BHPians-untitled.jpg

Thanks Sushil, the problem with the Fiat thread has been solved.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rehaan (Post 2917061)

Should be fixed now. (Though Google is still switching things around).

Thanks for having pointed this out!

cya
R

Thanks Rehaan, the issue is fixed. Everything's normal now.

Forum means thread and it means discussions and comments. Blogs differs from thread. Thread means discussion and blog means my story and your comments. For example, for writing travelogue thread is not suitable mechanism. There should be blog for this where writer will write everything and reader can read it continuously if needed he will comment.

Now in present scenario everybody writes their story in thread in part by part manner, but people jump in tp appreciate writer's story and start adding things to thread. Which means writer's story will be scattered across thread. Some times it is really painful for reader to search only writers entries in particular thread. T-BHP introduced assembly mechanism for writing continuously but I think this feature is limited and useful only for short span of time. Blogs are definitely much more useful tool.

Please introduce Blogs where travelogues,reviews, experiences etc will go. Basically it will tell story. Stories will be more readable in this manner. Readers can comment, reply to comment, like the comment in comments section below blog.

Keep threads only for discussions.

Quote:

Originally Posted by sushantr5
Forum means thread and it means discussions and comments. Blogs differs from thread. Thread means discussion and blog means my story and your comments. For example, for writi---------------------------SNIP------------------------------------. Readers can comment, reply to comment, like the comment in comments section below blog.

Keep threads only for discussions.

Isn't that why we have the assembly line?

Sushantr5,

As mayankk said, the Assembly Line takes care of this. Do read this thread which explains it in more details.

cya
R

Hi

Has anybody been able to figure out the solution to the images not being displayed in the threads when accessed through google chrome?

Quote:

Originally Posted by torque18
Hi

Has anybody been able to figure out the solution to the images not being displayed in the threads when accessed through google chrome?

i thought it was a problem with my windows or virus .. guess its a common problem with chrome . any experts help ?

Quote:

Originally Posted by torque18 (Post 2922557)
Hi

Quote:

Originally Posted by undead (Post 2922649)
i thought it was a problem with my windows or virus .. guess its a common problem with chrome . any experts help ?

I use Chrome for TBHP and have not faced any issues with images or for that matter anything else.

I am on Chrome version 22.0.1229.79 m. What about you?

Quote:

Originally Posted by SDP (Post 2922653)
I use Chrome for TBHP and have not faced any issues with images or for that matter anything else.

same version. not sure what would be the problem in my case.

Quote:

Originally Posted by undead (Post 2922688)
same version. not sure what would be the problem in my case.

I am facing the same issue as well.
uninstalled and installed the latest version : Didn't help.
Googled for solutions : Didn't help

Thinking of switching to opera.

Quote:

Originally Posted by torque18 (Post 2922557)
Hi

Quote:

Originally Posted by undead (Post 2922649)

Quote:

Originally Posted by SDP (Post 2922653)

Quote:

Originally Posted by zteg (Post 2922815)
I am facing the same issue as well.
uninstalled and installed the latest version : Didn't help.
Googled for solutions : Didn't help

Thinking of switching to opera.

Hi Guys,

Really sorry about this.

This happens because of Kaspersky + Chrome. I assume you are all using KIS 2012? (Do reply if you aren't!)

I have been in contact with someone from Kaspersky India, and though his team can replicate the problem, they can't figure out what is causing it!!

I found the same issue on another site (link) but i haven't heard back on if that has helped them figure it out.

Will keep you updated. Hope that they can figure this out soon.

cya
R

PS - Kaspersky Internet Security 2013 has been released. Its a free upgrade if you have a 2012 license. Do try it, and depending on the build version it might resolve the issue.

I miss one small "Latest News" section in Team-BHP which will list the latest happenings in one liner or probably one liner with a link to small one para news.

Need to usually scroll the "New posts" section if need to check latest action in automotive world on Team-BHP. I will suggest one such section. There will not be more than 1 or 2 daily updates i believe.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rehaan (Post 2923246)

PS - Kaspersky Internet Security 2013 has been released. Its a free upgrade if you have a 2012 license. Do try it, and depending on the build version it might resolve the issue.

I installed KIS 2013 and i guess the problem is solved.clap:

I am now able to view pictures which I couldn't until KIS update.

Thanks Rehaan.

Need to check couple of other threads as well.