Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th February 2017, 23:23   #6226
BHPian

Re: Suggestions for Team-BHP from Team-BHPians

A new User Group

So to begin with we all know the strict process involved in evaluating a membership and yes i too feel its very much necessary to maintain the quality of content in the forum. But somehow i feel the evaluation criteria doesn't do justice. I feel we are mainly focusing on the writing skills of an individual while evaluating. i believe we do have a lot of guest users out there who can provide valuable inputs to the threads but are unable to do so. So what i am suggesting is the usual routine can continue but every user who registers himself gets like a temporary membership with restrictions for e.g. he can only post text based replies and can't create a new thread and his replies will be moderated like any newbie. And probably mods can take into consideration the input he has provided during his temporary membership and probably upgrade it. We can even keep a time duration like the temporary membership will be valid for 30 days or so and then if his activity was unsatisfactory it gets revoked. So i guess you get the gist of it and can probably think more on it or just discard it.
Old 26th February 2017, 19:03   #6227
Senior - BHPian

Dear Moderators, please see the screenshot below. The highlighted thread has been there for quite some time under Team-Bhp Reviews. My problems with it?

Suggestions for Team-BHP from Team-BHPians-img_20170226_182551.jpg

Well, when I want to view the last post, this happens.

Suggestions for Team-BHP from Team-BHPians-img_20170226_185410.jpg

And, when I open the thread by clicking on the link, this appears.

Suggestions for Team-BHP from Team-BHPians-img_20170226_185341.jpg

Plus, the very location of the thread is illogical.

Hence,

1.The thread needs a more appropriate title.
2. It needs to be allotted a proper place.

Would you please look into it.

PS: The above screenshots were taken while browsing www.team-bhp.com in its mobile skin using chrome browser.

Last edited by dailydriver : 26th February 2017 at 19:04.
Old 28th February 2017, 12:59   #6228
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackbandit View Post
So what i am suggesting is the usual routine can continue but every user who registers himself gets like a temporary membership with restrictions for e.g. he can only post text based replies and can't create a new thread and his replies will be moderated like any newbie. ... ...
Thanks for the suggestion!

We have indeed considered a lot of options and alternatives for our membership approval process (one was exactly what you have suggested too). However, for now the process we have seems to be the optimal solution, as all the other options we considered also came with their own downsides.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dailydriver View Post
Dear Moderators, please see the screenshot below. The highlighted thread has been there for quite some time under Team-Bhp Reviews.
Thank you. That was a redirect to the moved thread (which was located in Technical Stuff). The redirect has been removed.
Old 30th March 2017, 20:04   #6229
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAPTAIN REX View Post
On a different note - Ordered for some decals online through Shopclues and guess what, I got as an additional sticker FOC - a LTD
Now we know one source for the fake stickers, and that too, free of cost.
As can be seen in the Stickers thread, a lot of fake LTD stickers are being spotted by Bhpians across the nation.

In light of incidents like the one quoted above, can't we patent the design by claiming it be our trademark or something? That will at least discourage large scale duplication. Legal/IPR experts may please comment on its feasibility.
Old 30th March 2017, 20:20   #6230
BHPian

Hi! Can we look at having 3D metal emblems of 'TeamBHP' as merchandise!
The size need not be as big as current stickers but will look pretty premium.
It can be priced at a premium ofcourse!
Old 30th March 2017, 20:27   #6231
BHPian

Can we have a thread which will tell ETA for new car reviews . Also it can help list down new variants of cars which will not be reviewed due to whatever reasons. This will help cut down many posts which asks for review dates thereby cutting non value ads from the thread and anxiousness of readers.
Old 6th April 2017, 13:53   #6232
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by dailydriver View Post
As can be seen in the Stickers thread, a lot of fake LTD stickers are being spotted by Bhpians across the nation.
We're doing what we can to secure ourselves against this, though as a pan-India small-roadside-shop problem, it's not going to be easy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PB10rider View Post
Hi! Can we look at having 3D metal emblems of 'TeamBHP' as merchandise!
Yes, we certainly will!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KD007 View Post
Can we have a thread which will tell ETA for new car reviews .
I like this idea, though unfortunately mentioning an ETA or a Review is very difficult due to several factors (other reviews/events, workload (mods have full-time jobs), availability of all drivetrains, ever-changing schedule of cars being available after the media drive, etc).
Old 6th April 2017, 14:28   #6233
BHPian

Just logged on to Team-Bhp today and saw the new wallet that they have added to their store. The wallet seems to offer great VFM and was just in time when my previous wallet needed a change. So ordered one for myself and one for a friend without even asking (just to surprise him knowing he is also a Team-Bhp fan).

Okay so coming back to the point, Team-BHP merchandise store is growing and is having more useful and good quality items now. Can we have more such ideas for these kinds of merchandise? I have two such ideas on top of my mind right now.

Maybe a Team-Bhp merchandised Pen Drive; dark black in color or just the same color as in "Live to Drive" bumper sticker with "Live to Drive" written on it. Would you buy it? I definitely would. Would look awesome plugged into the Head Unit of the car, playing music with our motto engraved right on to it.

Or maybe a Team-Bhp car perfume with same theme. How nice would it be! Any more such ideas?
Old 6th April 2017, 14:53   #6234
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by navdeep.rana View Post
Team-BHP merchandise store is growing and is having more useful and good quality items now. Can we have more such ideas for these kinds of merchandise? I have two such ideas on top of my mind right now.
Hi Navdeep.rana,

We've considered quite a few items as Merchandise. However, it comes down to the following to see if the item makes sense (and with what priority):

1) Is the product a good fit for Team-BHP and BHPians?
2) Do we have access to a high-quality supplier? (critical and difficult to find!)
3) Will there be enough demand to meet the supplier's MOQ (Minimum Order Quantity) and have it be a viable addition to our Store?
4) Possibility for design differentiator (we don't want to just stamp 'Team-BHP' on pre-existing products with no other value-add).

That said, we do have some new merchandise lined up, and I'm always keen to hear ideas of other things we can explore / that BHPians want!
Old 7th April 2017, 10:08   #6235
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rehaan View Post
I'm always keen to hear ideas of other things we can explore / that BHPians want!
Hello Rehaan

I know my demand can be a bit weird but may be applicable. I am mainly chauffeur driven (yes, the odd one out here) and so is my daddy. If I have to ask for a TBHP Merchandise, then it would be a set of soft cushions those can be used to keep ourselves a bit more comfortable and supported on the rear seats.

Right now I have the ones supplied by VW in all my cars(4 sets, they are well sized and very soft), I simply open the armrest and keep one on the door side, only issue is light shade and the fabric may start acting weird if we end up getting it washed. Many members have elderly parents and kids (My cousin's kids love resting on and sleeping with those cushions in rear seats) and this is an item which may add two things altogether - comfort, and premiumness (TBHP merchandise quality).

This is neither going to be a very costly affair nor it will be an electronic item (electronic merchandise means warranty issues possible).

In case you consider it, just tell the vendor to make the main cushion with a tight fit black color velvet or other premium item cover with a good looking TBHP logo embossed on it (Not that plastic sticker type, thread logo I mean - they are easy to make). Make sure that the cushion cover is separate (They can use cotton fibre filled in a normal cushion and put TBHP cover over it - hardly 150 bucks price of each cushion without cover), the separate cushion cover in black color and red zipper is what I dream of

Separate cover will give a freedom of washing when required, just remove it and put in washing machine - let Team-BHP reach the forte of wives too.

Please consider if this one is possible.

Last edited by VKumar : 7th April 2017 at 10:10.
Old 7th April 2017, 17:21   #6236
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by VKumar View Post
If I have to ask for a TBHP Merchandise, then it would be a set of soft cushions those can be used to keep ourselves a bit more comfortable and supported on the rear seats.
Thanks for the suggestion VKumar. It has been noted (and there was an earlier note of seat/neck cushions), however, I have to admit that they are an item that is fairly low on the list at the moment.
Old 7th April 2017, 17:50   #6237
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I'm always keen to hear ideas of other things we can explore / that BHPians want!
Great! :-)

In car:

1. Coffee and aerated drinks mugs/flasks.
2. Non-slip mats.
3. Car tissues.

Laptop/Mobile/Tablet:

1. Sleeves, covers etc. (eg: http://www.amazon.in/dp/B00CD8AF48/)
2. Mouse pads.
3. Smaller stickers.

At home:

1. Coaster sets.
2. Letters/keys organisers (eg: http://www.amazon.in/dp/B019HAOMBG/)
3. T-shirts (can't see the hoodies now, they've been withdrawn?)[*]
4. Bags/rucksacks (Wildcraft type).

[*] My college alumni group got t-shirts made via freshmonk.com. This is a low-risk option, as the orders are booked and payments collected before the tees are printed; if there isn't sufficient demand there is no printing and hence no expense (everyone is refunded).
Old 7th April 2017, 18:22   #6238
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by binand View Post
[*] My college alumni group got t-shirts made via freshmonk.com. This is a low-risk option, as the orders are booked and payments collected before the tees are printed; if there isn't sufficient demand there is no printing and hence no expense (everyone is refunded).
I rather like the designers at http://www.thesouledstore.com and have bought a few things there.

They do have a bulk / custom tshirt section and quite good quality stuff for sale.

https://www.thesouledstore.com/customize
Old 7th April 2017, 20:47   #6239
BANNED

Quote:
Thanks for the suggestion VKumar. It has been noted (and there was an earlier note of seat/neck cushions), however, I have to admit that they are an item that is fairly low on the list at the moment.
To be true, I am only looking for decent size and soft seat cushions, neck ones are not of any use for me (Or maybe others too). Here are my VW cushions as a reference, in case you people consider this product - would request you to follow the similar lines:

The logo is not made of some sticker job, it's properly embroidered. Having this black with TBHP logo and premium material is my dream.
Suggestions for Team-BHP from Team-BHPians-pillow-1.jpg

A decent and durable zipper, initially it was directly filled with cotton. I went to a tailor with 3 square meter cloth worth 40 bucks per square meter (Hence 120 bucks) and the tailor charged me total 320 rupees for 8 cushions. So now I have the cushions inside these covers and its working like a charm for me. On the left is armrest normally and on the right is this cushion between me and the door.
Suggestions for Team-BHP from Team-BHPians-pillow2.jpg
Old 11th April 2017, 17:35   #6240
BHPian

I hope Team-BHP adds the below goodies to the merchandise in future.

a) Mobile Holder
b) Sunvisor Tissue Box Holder
c) Front/Side Sun Blinds
d) Neck Rests

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks