Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th December 2013, 17:21   #5446
Senior - BHPian

Re: Suggestions for Team-BHP from Team-BHPians

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gannu_1 View Post
Guys, if it isn't too much to ask, please introduce auto-merging of consecutive posts from the same member. This can be done for a time period of say 20-30 minutes after the previous post.

It has been noticed that several times, members post one after the other instead of editing the previous post and as a result, those have to be reported and then a moderator merges it later on. This will save you guys some efforts and time as well.

TIA.
Good point. I'll give an example where its very difficult to do it the correct way by avoiding back to back posts and using Edit button, even if the members are aware of the forum guidelines.
  1. You are going over a very active thread.
  2. You see a post and click on quote/multi-quote.
  3. You type in your reply and click submit.
  4. The page loads with your reply and you see a couple more new posts between your post and the quoted posts. (Posted while you were typing your reply)
  5. Even if you click on Edit button on your post, it is difficult to quote the new posts.

Currently, I've to open a new tab and multi-quote those new posts and copy paste that text into my edit textbox to quote the new posts within my original reply. An easier way might help if possible.

On the other hand, if I opt for the back to back posts route, I can use the multi-quote and submit another post which reduces my efforts considerably.

However, auto-merge would be a problem for the duplicate posts that happen when the member is with a flaky/slow net connection. You might sometimes get a timeout or a frozen browser after you click on submit but the POST action might have actually happened. On refreshing the browser window, the same post action gets repeated and you see that the member has posted the identical post twice. If we do auto-merge, it would be a headache for mods to edit and cleanup such posts later rather than simply deleting the duplicate post.

So the auto-merge would make sense if the instances of scenario 1 are much more than scenario 2. Otherwise, it might end up as more work.
Old 13th December 2013, 22:31   #5447
BHPian

While writing a post, in the toolbar, there's an icon (2nd from right) to select the URL of the image we want to upload. Since we have a policy to not link to images on other sites, can this option be removed?

I am also aware of the possibility that this toolbar is a predefined un-editable component, so can we have a different way to warn users?

Or something which will copy externally hosted images onto our servers?
Old 14th December 2013, 15:52   #5448
Senior - BHPian

The other day I bought a dash cam and an additional car charger for my car and it got me thinking - why don't we have a section on the forum where members can review products of interest that they might have purchased. It might help someone else help make decision on whether or not to buy the said product.

Can we have something like this, huh huh, can we?
Old 15th December 2013, 17:09   #5449
BHPian

Could a link to access Tbhp classifieds be added to the app?
Old 15th December 2013, 18:05   #5450
Senior - BHPian

Can we consider enabling Tapatalk access? The current application is not as good as Tapatalk (which is now free by the way!). Atleast on galaxy S3, I get a dozen alerts and clicking any of them takes you to the main forum tab in the app, instead of the thread or PM i wanted to go to. Or maybe an upgrade to the app would do the job as well.
Old 16th December 2013, 00:21   #5451
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by phamilyman View Post
Can we consider enabling Tapatalk access? The current application is not as good as Tapatalk (which is now free by the way!). Atleast on galaxy S3, I get a dozen alerts and clicking any of them takes you to the main forum tab in the app, instead of the thread or PM i wanted to go to. Or maybe an upgrade to the app would do the job as well.
Here's your answer from another thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post

Alright dudes, you got it! We'll move to Tapatalk in the start of 2014.
Old 19th December 2013, 12:32   #5452

It would be great to see a few additions in the SHOP department. On the top of my mind i can suggest - Polo Tees, Caps, Cups/Mugs, Fridge magnets, wristbands and mobile covers. Any extra money earned through sales of these products can be used in Team-BHP events.
Old 26th December 2013, 22:42   #5453
BHPian

I hope this is thread relevant, here it goes!

Every time I click on a new thread(I mostly browse team-bhp on my phone), an annoying advert pops up at the bottom right corner of my screen and moves up or down as I scroll along. It gets highly annoying and I usually tend to close it by clicking on its cross mark.

I realise that, asking for it be removed is a lot but isn't there any workaround?, Maybe position it elsewhere? I prefer to use the website over the official app, so I don't know if this happens in the app as well.

Moderators!, please do something or suggest a plausible solution to me.

Thanks.
Old 27th December 2013, 11:42   #5454
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by createrkid View Post
I hope this is thread relevant, here it goes!

Every time I click on a new thread(I mostly browse team-bhp on my phone), an annoying advert pops up at the bottom right corner of my screen and moves up or down as I scroll along. It gets highly annoying and I usually tend to close it by clicking on its cross mark.

I realise that, asking for it be removed is a lot but isn't there any workaround?, Maybe position it elsewhere? I prefer to use the website over the official app, so I don't know if this happens in the app as well.

Moderators!, please do something or suggest a plausible solution to me.

Thanks.
I've never come across such pop-up ads when browsing or replying to threads from my phone. Which phone (OS) are you using? Are you getting this pop-up only with TBHP? Also, have you tried disabling popups, if your browser supports such a setting?
Old 27th December 2013, 12:51   #5455
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Can we get those which could be stuck on the windshields from the inside? I get a feeling after some washes, the present stickers might peel off.
The problem with the stickers that stick inside the glass is that they:
a) Can only be applied on the glass, therefore limited locations vs regular stickers
b) Encouraging people to stick them on the glass can limit visibility
c) Our regular stickers are made from vinyl designed for automotive use. They last a very very long time, so don't worry about this!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ganeshsp View Post
I feel more products can be added to the Team-BHP merchandise.
+
Quote:
Originally Posted by calypsoGT View Post
It would be great to see a few additions in the SHOP department.
We're working on this...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post
I wish that posting a link would just add a link to selected words, and not add the link title.
That is how a link will look to an external site, but for Team-BHP links, the title will automatically be added. (It has certain SEO and usability advantages).

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxTorque View Post
There are many events going unnoticed by our members. So a small suggestion from my side - Can we add an "Events" tab to our home page's main menu?
We had a "Calendar" for events on our homepage some years back. The bummer was that barely anyone listed events there, and almost no one referred to the calendar. It was later removed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zenren View Post
How about starting a new section for the detailed technical specification of all the cars that were sold in India.
Check out these threads (and feel free to create your own): LINK

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxTorque View Post
Can we start a section where people (non-members) can ask questions related cars (selections, doubts etc) without being a member?
We have considered this in the past, and are still looking at other ways to implement this - however, what drmohitg says is a large part of the problem.

Quote:
Guys, if it isn't too much to ask, please introduce auto-merging of consecutive posts from the same member.
I believe GTO is looking into this too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by amolbh View Post
While writing a post, in the toolbar, there's an icon (2nd from right) to select the URL of the image we want to upload. Since we have a policy to not link to images on other sites, can this option be removed?
Amolbh, i remember trying to have this removed from the advanced editor (at the same time we had it removed from the quick reply box), but we ran into some complication, so left it as is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronH4WK View Post
...why don't we have a section on the forum where members can review products of interest that they might have purchased.
There are quite a few of these reviews (I remember seeing a Pebble Smartwatch review just yesterday) in the Gadgets and other relevant sections. However, we don't consider making a new sub-section unless there is a LOT of pre-existing content and interest on that specific topic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mashmash View Post
Could a link to access Tbhp classifieds be added to the app?
Possible. Would you want this even if clicking it opens the Classifieds in the browser?

Quote:
Originally Posted by createrkid View Post
I realise that, asking for it be removed is a lot but isn't there any workaround?
This ad is only shown to Guests. Log-in and you won't see it anymore.

cya
R
Old 27th December 2013, 12:57   #5456

Dear Sir, i am really looking forward to Team-BHP Apparel and gears.
Old 27th December 2013, 14:10   #5457
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rehaan View Post

This ad is only shown to Guests. Log-in and you won't see it anymore.

cya
R

Aha!, that seemed to work, surprising I didn't notice that before.
Old 27th December 2013, 15:25   #5458
Senior - BHPian

Grrrrr. Am typing this post with a lot of frustration and anger after getting super annoyed with the android app.

Why ? - Because I am not able to view my desired images in the Android app.

What is Happenning ? - When I click on the image, it waits for the entire picture strip to load and then only displays my selected image. And 99% of the time, the image doesn't load altogether.

Workaround ? - Click on "Open in browser". It opens up in Chrome and shows the image.

What I want ? - Please please please, when I click on an image, only open that image. I am least bothered about the image strip or thumbnail view. All I want is only my selected image to load.
Old 27th December 2013, 17:12   #5459
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soumyajit9 View Post
Grrrrr. Am typing this post with a lot of frustration and anger after getting super annoyed with the android app.
The android app will be replaced with a Tapatalk based app very very soon. It will be better at loading images (including pinch-to-zoom etc).

cya
R

Last edited by Rehaan : 27th December 2013 at 17:16.
Old 27th December 2013, 20:17   #5460
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rehaan View Post

The android app will be replaced with a Tapatalk based app very very soon. It will be better at loading images (including pinch-to-zoom etc).

cya
R
This is the very best news in a very long time. I was quite tired of the existing Android app! Appreciate it! Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks