Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd December 2009, 13:18   #61
Senior - BHPian

can anyone confirm if the 24hr coffee shop in wyte fort still is open in the night? any other 24 places apart from atrium in cochin/ernakulam that you can suggest?
Old 31st December 2009, 11:07   #62
BHPian

Restaurants in Kannur?

Would like to know decent dining options in and around Kannur, for a lunch and restroom break on my drive to Mangalore from Palakkad this Sunday.

On my previous trips I had stopped at a hotel (don't remember the name) opposite to Thalassery mall (next to a hospital), after Thalassery town, before the bridge on the left. That is a decent option, but this time I could pass through the place a bit early for lunch. Kannur would be a more appropriate place if it goes according to my schedule.

More than the food, clean ambience and toilets are of interest
Old 31st December 2009, 11:12   #63
Senior - BHPian

Wow. This is my best friends town. There is a small restaurant called Soft that makes some of the best Biriyani's around. Royal Omars is also a good place.
Old 31st December 2009, 14:11   #64
BHPian

Thanks beejay. I could locate Royal Omars on google map.
Old 31st December 2009, 14:30   #65

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjay_in View Post
Would like to know decent dining options in and around Kannur, for a lunch and restroom break on my drive to Mangalore from Palakkad this Sunday.

On my previous trips I had stopped at a hotel (don't remember the name) opposite to Thalassery mall (next to a hospital), after Thalassery town, before the bridge on the left. That is a decent option, but this time I could pass through the place a bit early for lunch. Kannur would be a more appropriate place if it goes according to my schedule.

More than the food, clean ambience and toilets are of interest
One other good restaurant is Quality, you can check out buffet lunch there.
Old 31st December 2009, 14:49   #66
BHPian

Go with Royal Omars, great food and better ambience and cleanliness.
Old 31st December 2009, 16:21   #67
BHPian

royal omars is good in kannur but if you are early there then you can try Nalanda resort in nileshwar which about 1.5 hours away from kannur ,nice ambience and decent food.Ambience is the highpoint there. Also thallasery you can try Paris Presidency -their parotta chicken curry is lip sackingly good
Old 31st December 2009, 16:28   #68
BHPian

another option in Kannur is cabane bamboo which is behind fort road near cantonment.Their food is good but place is cramped and also Hotel Mascot near Beach food is average but place is awesome breathtakingly beautiful.
I dont know whether my earlier post is approved so will repeat --- if u reach kannur early try Nalanda resort in nileshwaram place is great and food is good ,it is about 60 kms from kanuur but believe me the place is beautiful.
Old 31st December 2009, 19:18   #69
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GR8NATIVE View Post
another option in Kannur is cabane bamboo which is behind fort road near cantonment.Their food is good but place is cramped and also Hotel Mascot near Beach food is average but place is awesome breathtakingly beautiful.
Gr8Native I don't know when u last went to mascot,but I've been there last month and the place was not something I would visit again. As for Cabane Bamboo,ok food but no parking.
Old 1st January 2010, 08:27   #70
BHPian

Hi pjay_in,

If you are driving down to Mangalore, better not to explore any hotels in Kannur. Drive till Nileswar and have lunch at Nalanda resorts (Nalanda Resorts Kasargod Kerala,Kasargod hotels,kasargod resorts,Budget Hotels in Kasargod,Accommodation in Kasargod). Its scenic and comfortable. If you are perticular about the Meals with Rice, you need to be there before 01:30pm. Kannur - Nileswar is 1hr drive.

Thanks
Rajesh
Old 1st January 2010, 09:17   #71
BHPian

@wasavatyres I have not been there in the last year but as i said food is average but the place was really beautiful all up when on a long drive i really prefer to eat at nalanda as it is away from the crowds and it is a good break when on a long trip.
Old 1st January 2010, 09:53   #72
Senior - BHPian

Guys, try this one too - Sea Shell Beach Resort , one of my friend's recommended it when he stayed there.
Old 1st January 2010, 10:06   #73
BANNED

peejay, look around in http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifti...ut-kerala.html

Also, there is a restaurant bang opposite the KSRTC bus stand on Caltex junction. Since you will be driving, I guess you will not want to run around searching for restaurants. The restaurant is attached to a lodge (sorry cannot recall the name it is "golden ... ") so you can ask them for rest room. I used to live nearby, so had no need for the rooms. ;-P
),
Old 29th January 2010, 08:17   #74
Senior - BHPian

For quick tea breaks in weired hours !!!

Lets give some life to this thread.

Mid night drivers , wanna have Bombay wala cutting tea with elachi flavour ?

Just come to front of my office (Muthoot technopolis , plot number 1 , CESZ , Kakkanad) , open from 10 pm to 4 am

Dot worry you may also see some cool chicks there !! , They are my office mates out for a quick break.

Need homely tea in early morning ?

check out the aunts shop at Palarivattom , the tea is really good there , open from 3.30 Am
Old 3rd February 2010, 14:17   #75
Senior - BHPian

Anyone been to Travancore Palace in Cherthala? Heard good opinion from a friend on ambiance and food.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks