Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th January 2019, 13:17   #2161
Team-BHP Support

Re: The Weight Loss Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebonho View Post
Some questions on the eating window, guys -

1) Can I eat a normal Lunch and Dinner or do I have to be careful there too?

2) Can I have something to munch if I get home early ... say by 6-6:30?

Oh and another question, though its already been answered earlier by the Keto boys.

Can I chew gum in the fasting period? Normal Orbit.

Cheers, Doc
1. As you are doing IF and also considerable workout in the fasted state, I would say it's ok to have regular lunch. Avoid carbs like rice, maida, potatoes etc., increase the portion of fiber rich carbs like vegetables, dal etc., and you should be good. If and when you hit a plateau, at that time, you may consider becoming more strict with carbs.

2. Yes. It is ok to have a snack in the evening. Again avoid anything processed and have wholesome snacks.

I would suggest not to chew gum as that would have sugar.

All the best with the diet and hope you successfully achieve your target weight soon.
Old 29th January 2019, 13:25   #2162
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by graaja View Post
1. As you are doing IF and also considerable workout in the fasted state, I would say it's ok to have regular lunch. Avoid carbs like rice, maida, potatoes etc., increase the portion of fiber rich carbs like vegetables, dal etc., and you should be good. If and when you hit a plateau, at that time, you may consider becoming more strict with carbs.

2. Yes. It is ok to have a snack in the evening. Again avoid anything processed and have wholesome snacks.

I would suggest not to chew gum as that would have sugar.

All the best with the diet and hope you successfully achieve your target weight soon.

So no rice or roti/bread either?

1:23 .... had bad pangs at 1 pm (16 hour mark). Im stretching till 2 imagining all sorts of nasty things my body is doing to my belly and love handle fat stores!

How old are you now Ganesh? And how tall? I'm late 1970 vintage.

Cheers, Doc
Old 29th January 2019, 13:48   #2163
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
So no rice or roti/bread either?

1:23 .... had bad pangs at 1 pm (16 hour mark). Im stretching till 2 imagining all sorts of nasty things my body is doing to my belly and love handle fat stores!

Rotis should be fine. Just limit the number of rotis and have bigger portions of vegetables, dal or paneer.

Quote:

Ha ha. That imagination actually helps. Two or three months later, when all your trousers fall off, that feeling makes all this more than worth

I am an early 70's guy, 45 years
Old 29th January 2019, 13:55   #2164
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Rotis should be fine. Just limit the number of rotis and have bigger portions of vegetables, dal or paneer.

Ha ha. That imagination actually helps. Two or three months later, when all your trousers fall off, that feeling makes all this more than worth

I am an early 70's guy, 45 years

Ok. I'm 3 years your senior then.

16 hr 54 min. It should take me 6 min to walk to the lunch room. Bye!

Cheers, Doc
Old 29th January 2019, 15:07   #2165
Team-BHP Support

How can a late 70s guy be 3 years older than an early 70's guy?

You should have eaten earlier me thinks.
Old 29th January 2019, 15:12   #2166
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai View Post
How can a late 70s guy be 3 years older than an early 70's guy?

You should have eaten earlier me thinks.

You need to read both posts again. Carefully this time.

On topic, nice! But feeling a bit bloated, guilty.

Tomato soup
Dal
Misal

All these in small bowls.

Gobi aloo, after picking out the aloos.

3 chapatis (I specifically asked for 2, maybe the guy thought I looked a touch emaciated )

Are fruits (apple, banana) a no-no? Picked up one each for the evening, just in case (felt like a bear stocking up for winter) ...

Cheers, Doc

Last edited by ebonho : 29th January 2019 at 15:15.
Old 29th January 2019, 15:32   #2167
Team-BHP Support

Oh, you mean you were born in later part of 1970 itself. My bad!
Old 29th January 2019, 15:39   #2168
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai View Post
Oh, you mean you were born in later part of 1970 itself. My bad!

Yup. I recently turned 48.

Cheers, Doc
Old 29th January 2019, 15:40   #2169
Senior - BHPian

I have started going to gym again. Targeting sub 100 kg weight. Started on 1st of November 2018 at 131, weight today morning 122.4. Not really happy with the progress but carrying on with something is better than nothing. The focus in gym is more on Weight training less on cardio.

The diet I am currently following:
  • Start of the day-Black coffee with Almonds
  • After returning from Gym-Sugarless Milk Tea with Diet Biscuits
  • Breakfast-4-5 Egg Whites with two multigrain bread pieces
  • Around 12o clock- 1/4 Papaya
  • Lunch-300 gram chicken (Cottage Cheese on Tuesday, Jai Hanuman)
  • Evening snack-Fruits (Orange, Apple etc)
  • Dinner-6 Egg white with bowl corns, soup or some salad.

Started with this diet on 10th of this month. The weight was 127 at that time, so I will say decent result with coupling this diet with exercising.

Just for records, I have done this before. Back in March 2012, I started at 116 continued till Feb 2013, I was at Sub 100. Almost as fit as a Marine Corp (I like to think so). Then long commute job and alcohol happened.

Last edited by ampere : 29th January 2019 at 17:43. Reason: Formatted for readability
Old 29th January 2019, 15:49   #2170
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks for sharing so much knowledge on IF here on the forum, graaja.

I have started IF since last week and have a couple of questions. Would be great if you can help with answers (these might be a repeat - my apologies in advance):

1. The IF window I am practicing is 8pm to 1pm (+/- 1/2 hour). Is it okay to eat between 2pm to 8pm any number of times or should I stick to lunch and dinner only?

2. Will it be effective if the IF is done 5 days a week (Sunday - Thursday)?
Old 29th January 2019, 15:56   #2171
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
Black Coffee does not break your fasting window. That is one pointer which is universally accepted and been explained across the board. Did you by any chance mean coffee with milk?
I have seen video's of Dr.Berg where he says a cup of coffee or tea does not break the fast....Iam assuming by coffee or tea, it is with milk. Is it otherwise?

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_skyliner View Post
Is it okay to eat between 2pm to 8pm any number of times or should I stick to lunch and dinner only?
Watch this

Last edited by Surprise : 29th January 2019 at 16:05.
Old 29th January 2019, 16:21   #2172
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by BANDHAV View Post
The diet I am currently following:
Start of the day-Black coffer with Almonds
After returning from Gym-Sugarless Milk Tea with Diet Biscuits
Breakfast-4-5 Egg Whites with two multigrain bread pieces
Around 12o clock- 1/4 Papaya
Lunch-300 gram chicken (Cottage Cheese on Tuesday, Jai Hanuman)
Evening snack-Fruits (Orange, Apple etc)
Dinner-6 Egg white with bowl corns, soup or some salad.
IMHO, you are focusing more on calorie cutting than quality. When you say diet biscuits, multi grain bread, egg whites, I guess you are doing the low fat dieting with calorie cutting. I did a rough calculation of your food in take and you are hardly doing 1200 calories a day. This much of calorie cutting will actually result in your body slowing down the metabolism to survive. When you get back to regular diet after reaching target weight, the lost weight will come back with a vengeance. I would suggest you to read the first post in this thread and focus more on low carb, moderate protein and high fat. With your weight training, this will result in a very quick weight reduction and you will be able to sustain it as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_skyliner View Post
Thanks for sharing so much knowledge on IF here on the forum, graaja.

I have started IF since last week and have a couple of questions. Would be great if you can help with answers (these might be a repeat - my apologies in advance):

1. The IF window I am practicing is 8pm to 1pm (+/- 1/2 hour). Is it okay to eat between 2pm to 8pm any number of times or should I stick to lunch and dinner only?

2. Will it be effective if the IF is done 5 days a week (Sunday - Thursday)?
1. Yes. Within the eating window, eat well. IF is not starvation or skipping a meal, but eating your calories in a shorter time window. So, you can have lunch, an evening snack and dinner. Completely cut sugar and processed food, and you should be fine.
2. Yes. It will still be effective. But once you get used to the energy from burning fat, you will generally not go back to the regular eating window

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surprise View Post
I have seen video's of Dr.Berg where he says a cup of coffee or tea does not break the fast....Iam assuming by coffee or tea, it is with milk. Is it otherwise?
It is always black. Some people have it with full cream which is zero carbs and 100% fat, but never with regular milk. Regular milk has carbs which will introduce insulin spike in blood and break your fasting.
Old 29th January 2019, 16:26   #2173
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
It is always black. Some people have it with full cream which is zero carbs and 100% fat, but never with regular milk. Regular milk has carbs which will introduce insulin spike in blood and break your fasting.
Thanks. Its time to switch to green tea (with hot water)
Attached Thumbnails
The Weight Loss Thread-12.jpg  

Old 29th January 2019, 17:01   #2174
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by BANDHAV View Post
After returning from Gym-Sugarless Milk Tea with Diet Biscuits
Breakfast-4-5 Egg Whites with two multigrain bread pieces
That biscuit and the bread, either must be having white flour or wheat or grams/bajra etc. Avoid any packaged food, it has to have some processed things/preservatives. Eat groundnuts [roasted], fox-nut [मखाना]

On a completely different note, when I shed ~15 kgs in 3 months, I ate potatoes, but boiled, but not only that. Link (The Weight Loss Thread)
Link 2 (The Weight Loss Thread)

Am starting my diet again today with small quantity of rice, sauted vegetables [gobi, potatoes, cauliflower and beetroot] and boiled green leafy vegetables [साग ].

Last edited by Sheel : 29th January 2019 at 17:29.
Old 29th January 2019, 17:20   #2175
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheel View Post
On a completely different note, when I shed ~15 kgs in 3 months, I ate potatoes, but boiled, but not only that. Link (The Weight Loss Thread)
Link 2 (The Weight Loss Thread)

I saw your dieting results on FB, tremendous its was considering that you achieved that purely through diet.

I intend to continue with this kind of diet in long run, I have experienced the results of shifting back to normal diet after a stint of dieting.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks