Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th August 2019, 11:08   #2311
BHPian

Re: The Weight Loss Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrasannaDhana View Post

And here I am, 263 days later, after losing 40kg, standing at a 96kg bodyweight (lowest in last 11 years)
Dear Prasanna,

I am amazed by your transformation. Instead of going low from an accident, you challenged it and transformed yourself as an Inspiration (That's the spirit of Team-BHP). Man, you a warrior. Kudos to your hard work. I have been following you in Team-BHP for years (Your KWID, CIAZ & DUKE threads) and I can say I know you.

There was a trend in our office where all lazy people (like me) use 'Pain You Made me a Believer' song as caller tune. But now I know a man who really deserve that song. Prasanna you made me a believer
Old 19th August 2019, 11:30   #2312
BHPian

Quote:
I love being a small influence in helping people get more active and become healthier.
Prasanna,

What a great story. Everyone falls, strong are the ones who get up and climb higher.

Thanks for being an inspiration to all, thanks for sharing your thoughts.

I have requested to follow you on Instagram, hope you will accept.

If your story does not inspire me, I am better of not talking about weight loss and fitness ever.

Wishing you more and more success.
Old 19th August 2019, 21:37   #2313
BHPian

A true BHPian, PrasannaDhana. Your story is truly inspiring. I am also on my 24th day of my recently scheduled workout program, just to make myself physically fit. And I am feeling better already.
Old 20th August 2019, 11:26   #2314
BHPian

Wow!!A tale of grit, determination, discipline, sacrifice...

Very inspiring, thanks for sharing & wish you more fitness ahead
Old 20th August 2019, 11:58   #2315
BHPian

Quote:
Thank you everyone!

My physical transformation is but a small effect of the mental/psychological transformation I have been through. That is totally a different topic that is irrelevant to this thread.

Anyways, let me explain what I did. It may seem a bit extreme to many, but according to me, I am still being lazy and not pushing my limits. Well, that is something that keeps me going every day.

First thing I changed was my sleeping pattern. I started to sleep by 10 30, and started to wake up at 4 am.

By 4 20am every morning , I am out for morning cardio - 70 minutes of moderate pace walking
Man, what a transformation that has been! It's truly amazing and a great example for all of here.

I had myself been at around 95Kgs and after some habit changes in eating and schedule have been able to reduce by 8-9 kgs. But it has remained there now and I guess needs more efforts for the next round. What I did is to reduce carbs by 30% and ensure that by dinner is over by 7-7.30 pm. I continue to walk average 6 kms split between morning and post dinner.

1 query about the sleep duration you mentioned- Is 5.30 hrs enough or recommended? Or do take a nap in the afternoon and that helps?
Old 20th August 2019, 13:09   #2316
BHPian

Quote:
Absolutely, Intermittent fasting takes practise and mental strength. But once you are into it, it is amazing as you can consume a lot of calories in a single sitting. It tricks your body/mind into thinking you are in an environment of surplus.

And the "eat with delight" is a crucial component for long term progress

Congratulations on this amazing achievement. This takes tremendous amount of drive and determination. Great to see that in your before after pictures you look so much more happier and confident.

I would agree with a lot of your observations through my personal experience. It has been 1 year of weight loss journey for me also and I am down from 98 to 73 Kgs. However as many has said this is not about a number but changing to a healthier lifestyle.

Some points about my journey.

1. I consulted a well recommended dietician and tried to follow their plans 80-90% as recommended. Discipline and consistency is going to give you results in long term.

2. Being accountable is important. If you track the progress and keep your family updated it is a motivation to continue.

3. Try not to be too hard on self. Pick and choose what you can totally give up (sweet and junk packaged food) and reduce portion sizes for things you really love (spicy indian food). Keep high standards for what you will cheat with - that average local biryani will make just you feel guilty but reward yourself with treat at that special place on occasions.

4. With progress you will become more health conscious and increase cardio and other exercises. I will confess this is something I have not been able to be very regular at and some injuries have stopped the progress. This is one big area of improvment in next year for me.

5. In general it is not about being hungry but eating well. Low carb diet definitely works in weight reduction.
Old 20th August 2019, 14:31   #2317
BHPian

Just Wow Prasanna !!
Weight loss is a lifestyle change and not just losing weight.
I'm 106Kgs Obese and started my fitness last after your post.
Will update the progress.!
Old 20th August 2019, 15:38   #2318
Senior - BHPian

Prasanna: I was so shocked to see it as I keep following your posts on motorbikes section. I’m so glad you’re fine and you look handsome as ever my friend!!

I’m really inspired to workout but laziness and my work timing is what’s keeping me behind. Nonetheless it’s the laziness that’s finding reasons to not take a step forward.

Please ride safe take care my friend.
gururajrv is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th August 2019, 18:55   #2319
BHPian

Take care Prasanna. Hope you stay fit and lean like this forever. I have just hit my target of coming under 90 kgs. I am 6ft tall. Next target is 85 kgs with no definite time limit. However, the sooner the better. I am trying to avoid carbs, sugars and oily foods. You have inspired us, thanks.
Old 21st August 2019, 09:04   #2320
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thank you everyone!
That is some journey, Prasanna!

Truly inspirational.

You have hit all the right points on the mistakes, or rather, lack of control most people have. I have also been in an out of the gym and went from 85 to 71 and now back to 81.

Once a break comes in the routine, find it very difficult to get back into it!
Old 22nd August 2019, 02:12   #2321
BHPian

Just wanted to share my story.

I was 220 pounds in November 2017 and went down to 150ish pounds in December 2018. Reason for this drastic weight loss was because I turned 30 and I knew I had to finally grow a pair and do something about it. Ended up running few marathons and half marathon towards the end of 2018, and have already registered for Airtel Marathon this year (Goal is to match/beat 1:57 I set last year). I hate running but half marathons help me have a fitness marker. I have been fat/chubby all my life and here are some of the things that actually helped me over last couple of months.

1. Watch FED UP on Netflix or wherever its available. This is the trailer:

2. Whatever you're eating, read the nutritional label first. Understand what that means and then read it again.

3. Install My Fitness Pal or any other app. Measure you weight and body stats every week at the same day and time.

4. Goto Gym every 6 days a week. 3 days off and 1 day rest. I follow Chest/Triceps, Back,Biceps, and Legs/Shoulders. Every week try to push more weights and/or more reps than last week.

5. READ READ READ. Health is all about reading. Read as many articles you can on different website. If follow people on social media like ATHLEAN-X, Jeff Nippard, etc but if you disgaree with anyone just ignore and move on.

PS; I dont have Abs and I am not fitness freak. I eat Samosas and drink beer every other day but I can deadlift (Single 1 max rep) 220Kgs so I am happy with that. For now.

Anyone who thinks these 5 points are a lot, watch this video:
Old 23rd August 2019, 21:35   #2322
Distinguished - BHPian

To all dear BHPians who took your valuable time to encourage and appreciate my journey, I am so grateful and I should quote you each and thank personally. Pardon me, I am using my mobile device and it is a task to do it. Please accept my thanks.

This has been a major collective kick in my backside, to work harder and push my limits. Thank you!

Though the figure on the scale isn't everything, majority of us love to see a difference in the figure shown on the scale. Hoping this collage will motivate a few people to stick to their journey towards healthier bodies. The collage doesn't have my heaviest weight (136kg) as it was at the hospital.

The Weight Loss Thread-img_20190823_195222_899.jpg

To the query about my 5 30 hours of sleep, that is one thing that I need to improve. My work takes up my entire day, mornings and most of the evenings are gone either on cardio or at lifting. I make it a point that I spend at least 2 hours with my family, and hence 10 30 pm sleep time. But 5 30 hours of sleep doesn't hinder my performance though. Guess I got adapted to it. I do have 20 minutes power nap in the evening before I hit the gym.

Last edited by PrasannaDhana : 23rd August 2019 at 21:52.
Old 25th August 2019, 18:17   #2323
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
After all, 136kg body of mine is at 95kg today because I had 1.3kg mind in the right place.
Thats a fantastic note. Lovely effort and really motivating/inspiring stuff

When we shed weight, taking such an effort, sometimes the family members and well wishers, misread that we are falling sick as they relate chubby face and physic with being healthy. Did you faced any such situation?
Old 25th August 2019, 19:50   #2324
BHPian

Anyone who is 40 and started weight loss/strength training ? Any tips..

Started at 93.5 kg in Apr'19 & now at 84.5 Kg currently.
Target BMI weight should be ~70Kg.

I am basically doing calorie counting (~1700 cal diet) , trying to just get the macros right and doing around 30mins brisk walking 3-4 times a week.

Also started doing some weight training with 1kg weights to tone up initially & now doing 5kg 15reps, 4 sets dumbbells routine only..

Thinking that with this above regimen, atleast the largest muscle groups in upper/lower body are getting some workup..

Not been regular in Aug though..almost did nothing..but still weight is currently stable.

I have bad knees so don't wanna do some crazy routine but still need to bring some variation to the routine & getting back on the fitness wagon...
Old 26th August 2019, 03:34   #2325
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BUXX View Post
Anyone who is 40 and started weight loss/strength training ? Any tips. Started at 93.5 kg in Apr'19 & now at 84.5 Kg currently.Target BMI weight should be ~70Kg..
Congratulations mate! You already lost 9 kg in less than 5 months, that means you are already doing something right. Prassanna's post is enough to knock us out of bed everyday, he has figured the holy grail of fitness and I'm following his template eat less, move more.

I was 81 and started my serious one way journey a month ago and I've lost 5 kg, my goal weight is just like yours: 70. Strength training and clean food is helping me. I count my calories everyday and have eliminated most processsed food and sugar from my diet.

Rather than anything, losing weight and being fit is a mind game. Thread like this is fuel for us. Today is my Day 28, still taking baby steps forward. I guess this thread will continue to contribute to the Fit India Movement and making ourselves and the country healthier.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks