Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th August 2009, 22:19   #46
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fountainheader View Post
I've used my ICICI/HDFC/Amex cards while shopping on Amazon. But everytime the delivery was in the US.
were you charged anything etc by ICICI/HDFC/Amex cards?
my delivery will also be in US.
Old 20th August 2009, 22:22   #47
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harry10 View Post
There will be 3% conversion charges by your bank. I have purchased a lot from Amazone.com using Indian credit cards.

Last edited by Gandhi : 20th August 2009 at 22:36. Reason: It is the Bank which charges the conversion charges, not Visa/MasterCard.
Old 20th August 2009, 22:23   #48
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Yes. There is a forex conversion charge.. not sure of the exact amount though. But negligible to feel the pinch. Esp when you get a Infinity 1300a for 100 USD compared to 13500 INR here.
Old 20th August 2009, 22:28   #49
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gandhi View Post
There will be 3% conversion charges by Visa/MasterCard. I have purchased a lot from Amazone.com using Indian credit cards.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fountainheader View Post
Yes. There is a forex conversion charge.. not sure of the exact amount though. But negligible to feel the pinch. Esp when you get a Infinity 1300a for 100 USD compared to 13500 INR here.
Thanks for the info.
Well my transaction is also like the infinity one so 3% is not bad at all
Old 20th August 2009, 22:38   #50
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks for the info.
Well my transaction is also like the infinity one so 3% is not bad at all
Check this link to find out the exchange rate that will be applied to your transaction on the date of purchase.

Exchange Rates - Currency Converter| Conversion Exchange Card | Visa Corporate
Old 20th October 2009, 19:34   #51
BHPian

Hello All

If you want to shop in the US and get stuff shipped to India you can look at Shop in the US from India @ 20North - Millions of products, Thousands of brands or eBay India - Online Shopping Mall: Free Auctions, Shop/Buy/Sell Mobiles, Cameras, Apparel, Computers, Bollywood Clothes & Indian Products (Global Buy).

I have ordered books on 20north and tire pressure gauge. Shipping and handling is expensive. Original price of tire pressure gauge around USD 6.00 and landing cost is ~ INR 1300.00

Hope you find them useful

Cheers

Sateesh

PS : I haven't used the Global buy so can't comment on them
Old 8th October 2010, 10:42   #52
BHPian

I have made 5 orders with different credit / debit cards for a camera on amazon.
Order will not go through

"Your credit card payment for the above transaction could not be completed. An issuing bank will often decline an attempt to charge a credit card if the name, expiration date, or ZIP Code you entered at Amazon.com does not exactly match the bank's information."

What do I need to do, time is of the essence as my friend will be leaving US on the 25th. Camera will be shipped to her and she will get it here
Old 8th October 2010, 11:32   #53
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by alter.e.go View Post
I have made 5 orders with different credit / debit cards for a camera on amazon.
Order will not go through

"Your credit card payment for the above transaction could not be completed. An issuing bank will often decline an attempt to charge a credit card if the name, expiration date, or ZIP Code you entered at Amazon.com does not exactly match the bank's information."

What do I need to do, time is of the essence as my friend will be leaving US on the 25th. Camera will be shipped to her and she will get it here

I suspect you are a 1st time Amazon user and the billing value is large which is why the transaction may not be going through since you might be specifying an Indian "billing address".

Try specifying the US address under both "billing address" and "ship to address".

I once had an issue when I ordered my laptop through a US based site. Since the value was large, I had to submit my credit card statements and several other documents to have the transaction go through.

Its always a problem when you transact for the first time. You'll notice that future orders will go through smoothly.

Hope this helps.
Old 9th October 2010, 03:48   #54
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuel_addict View Post
I suspect you are a 1st time Amazon user and the billing value is large which is why the transaction may not be going through since you might be specifying an Indian "billing address".

Try specifying the US address under both "billing address" and "ship to address".

I once had an issue when I ordered my laptop through a US based site. Since the value was large, I had to submit my credit card statements and several other documents to have the transaction go through.

Its always a problem when you transact for the first time. You'll notice that future orders will go through smoothly.

Hope this helps.
Your right 1st time,

You mean put same shipping address as the billing address , even if its not correct.

Also where did you submit you credit card statements ..the bank I am guessing
Old 9th October 2010, 04:54   #55
BHPian

Quote:
Your right 1st time,

You mean put same shipping address as the billing address , even if its not correct.

Also where did you submit you credit card statements ..the bank I am guessing
No, card statement would be requested by merchant(amazon) to verify that you are the person who ordered and holds the used card.

Also if the item can be shipped via registered or trackable post, it would ensure more precise delivery.
Old 9th October 2010, 08:39   #56
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
No put the right billing address, exactly as it comes on your statement.
Old 10th October 2010, 00:07   #57
BHPian

I am at my wits end.

I signed up for a new Id on Amazon. With my moms name and her debit card.

So everything matches and her email is on file to with the bank. mine apparently was not.

After placing the order with the new ID, I tried to log in and now cannot with the new login.

Called up Amazon and spoke to a imbecile of a customer service rep. So damn slow. I had to spell simple words like May. Villa. twice thrice. imbecile!

This whole experience has made me angry. Going to a shop and buying with cash is any day simpler. To hell with online madness.
Old 10th October 2010, 01:28   #58
Senior - BHPian

Whoa, that's bad experience till now. Not sure what the issue might be. I've been using Amazon for last 6-7 years around and never had any issue at all. Be it buying from US/UK and get it shipped to india (books and movies) or to US or UK, be it adding new card or be it adding new address. Might be your credit card doesn't allow any online transaction or may be they've put a bar on the amount that can be spend for online transaction. Do talk to your credit card company also asking them if there is any issue.
Old 13th October 2010, 20:27   #59
J.Ravi

I ordered my gand-daughter's favourite DVD containing nursery rhymes of the Giggle Bellies through amazon.com. Although the delivery due date was mentioned as 22 October 2010, the DVD reached my grand-daughter in Australia last week itself. I ordered it sitting in Bangalore, the seller was in the USA and the item was shipped to Australia. The transaction was smooth.

Old 17th October 2010, 07:27   #60
Senior - BHPian

I just came across this new website called shopyourworld.com through a promotional mail from ICICI credit card.
Apparently you can shop on global online shopping sites including amazon.com, bestbuy.com etc. You can buy and ship the items to India. The applicable custom duties and taxes are also listed in your shopping cart in Indian Rupees.
I think this is pretty convenient as one can get to know the taxes and duties that will be added to the items that we buy.

I have not tried it but will certainly give it a go.

Disclaimer: I am not associated with the website. Just wanted to share the information with all the members.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks