Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd July 2011, 17:55   #76
Senior - BHPian

Re: amazonin.tarazz.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by bullboy View Post
Amazon.com Message
Link is working basically its like 20North.com , we can buy from sites like amazon and the price is listed in INR and the items will be imported and customs duty has to paid at shopyourworld.com
And they have a good alternative to address this - GIFT in others name for delivery
mjothi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th July 2011, 08:28   #77
Senior - BHPian

Re: amazonin.tarazz.com

Amazon directly ships to India. Check this linky : Amazon.com: International Shipping

and international shipping options : Amazon.com: International Shipping

You can order an item, see the final price and then check out. You wont be charged unless you commit the transaction. If its electronics they even give you the estimate of duty in $'s when shipping to india.
Old 4th July 2011, 22:50   #78
BHPian

Re: Amazon.com - Anyone ordered anything?

The handling agent for Amazon in India is 'Expressit' and their service is pathetic.
I had ordered a Scosche adapter for a double din HU for my Tucson and following were the issues :

1) It took the package about 10 days to reach from US to Delhi and it was lying with expressit for more than 7 days without being delivered.

2) After repeated mails to Amazon and expressit, it got delivered after 9 days of reaching Delhi.

3) The package was not packed properly and the item got cracked during the shipping process.

4) The duty estimated by Amazon and collected from the buyer is never returned back. I paid $10 for a small piece of plastic which itself was only worth $25

5) There is no easy way of returning the package once you have opened the same and and if found damaged ( AFAIK )

This was my first and last buy from Amazon again.

Ebay sellers are much better. Have ordered many times from ebay and it was a pleasant experience every time.
Attached Thumbnails
Amazon.com - Anyone ordered anything?-image1003.jpg  

Amazon.com - Anyone ordered anything?-image1001.jpg  

Amazon.com - Anyone ordered anything?-image1016.jpg  

Amazon.com - Anyone ordered anything?-image1010.jpg  

Amazon.com - Anyone ordered anything?-image1011.jpg  

Amazon.com - Anyone ordered anything?-image1014.jpg  

Last edited by kamal.sn : 4th July 2011 at 22:51.
Old 5th July 2011, 09:26   #79
BHPian

I have been using Amazon since 2007 but never used the India shipping option. Having an office in the US helps. Deliveries to the US address have been very prompt and all items have been as advertized and received in pristine condition. Recent purchase was the Kindle. I'm sad to hear that one cannot have items delivered to India without the hassles that has become part of everything in India.

ebay fares much better in that respect.
Old 5th July 2011, 09:32   #80
J.Ravi

Recently, I bought VIAIR 85P Portable Compressor from amazon.com. It took two weeks to reach my home. I am fully satisfied with the portable compressor. I too didn't get back the customs duty [US$23] deposit collected from me at the time of purchase. I thought they might have paid the duty. But, I didn't get any document to support that.

Last edited by J.Ravi : 5th July 2011 at 09:39.

Old 5th July 2011, 09:46   #81
Team-BHP Support

I have been using Amazon.com since 1997, in fact it was the first online store I used. I must have bought hundreds of times since then, even after moving to India. I mostly have items shipped to my US branch and somebody gets it over once in a while. But I have also had direct shipping for allowed items, including my Kindle.

Recently when I started shaving my head again, I ordered a few caps from Amazon which fit me perfectly. Got it in 10 days, and was cheaper than the ill-fitting caps available in the local mall sports shops.

In 14 years, I have zero bad experience with Amazon.com, and hopefully it will stay so. After looking at the new international shipping option, I just ordered couple of jeans pants. Let's see how this one works. I have been buying pants from Amazon.com for few years now, everytime it is a perfect fit. Can't say that about local purchases, most of which have lousy fitting.
Old 5th July 2011, 09:57   #82
Senior - BHPian

I have similar experience like Samurai. I would have ordered around 20+ items from Amazon. But most of these were ordered while I was staying in Germany.

Once I had an issue with the DVD burner I brought through them. It had a warranty of 1 year and it started giving issue in the 11th month. I wrote a mail to them, they sent me a mail with a barcode asking me to make a packet and paste that and hand it over to the posts. All expense paid it went back to Amazon. Avter they had recieved they acknowledged it, and said the model is not available any more. They offered me a cash credit or a deposit to bank. I chose the cash credit and brought a latest DVD writer .

On the whole good experience from Amazon, and also from ebay. I have not tried Amazon to ship to india, but have used ebay liberally. No complaints yet.
Old 19th July 2011, 09:04   #83
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai View Post
In 14 years, I have zero bad experience with Amazon.com, and hopefully it will stay so. After looking at the new international shipping option, I just ordered couple of jeans pants. Let's see how this one works. I have been buying pants from Amazon.com for few years now, everytime it is a perfect fit. Can't say that about local purchases, most of which have lousy fitting.
I ordered the pants on July 4th, they gave the ETA as July 18th. Yesterday, my office received the parcel in good condition, right on July 18th. The pants costs me $80, import duty was $10 and shipping cost was $23.
Old 19th July 2011, 09:40   #84
Senior - BHPian

I have been using Amazon since late 1990's while my stay in US. Since then i have either found a way to order and ship to my friends place and then the stuff gets sent over when someone is travelling.

Once i moved to India, since last year i have used borderlinx and my stuff have been delivered in good shape and the estimates that they gave in terms of customs etc were fairly accurate. Only once i got a call from DHL in BIAL to send a signed/scanned letter stating the goods were for personal use and not for commercial purpose.
Old 26th July 2011, 10:36   #85
BHPian

Came across this article, Amazon planning launch its Indian service. Good news. But don't know how customer services would be and their choices of goods.
Old 26th August 2011, 23:13   #86
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Just received an email from Amazon that their partner endless.com now offers free international shipping on all orders over $100. Time to get that new set of Dr. Martens

On a related note, I've been shopping a heck of a lot on ebay.in lately.
Old 4th September 2011, 02:55   #87
BHPian

Has anyone tried endless.com? So if I purchase $200 item on amazon.com shipping would be free? Sounds too good to be true or am I very late to the party?
Old 4th September 2011, 08:22   #88
J.Ravi

Yes, I too received an email from Amazon regarding endless.com, but I am yet to try that portal.
Quote:
Originally Posted by J.Ravi View Post
I too didn't get back the customs duty [US$23] deposit collected from me at the time of purchase. I thought they might have paid the duty. But, I didn't get any document to support that.
A few days back, I received an email from Amazon stating that I would be getting a refund of $2.92 for my order due to reduced export fee. An amount of Rs 129.39 was credited to my credit card account.

Old 4th September 2011, 09:32   #89
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Just received an email from Amazon that their partner endless.com now offers free international shipping on all orders over $100. Time to get that new set of Dr. Martens

On a related note, I've been shopping a heck of a lot on ebay.in lately.
HI GTO, for me its become difficult to find a good decent seller in ebay, two times i was fooled and lost a few hundred bucks, so if you can guide me to a decent seller it would be grate. Am always on lookout for car accessories

On the other hand you can start a thread with your experience, How to buy in ebay

Thanks,
JP
Old 6th September 2011, 10:25   #90
Senior - BHPian

ordered a few goodies for my car from amazon through shopyourworld. they get the job done and are very transparent in all the costings. the only niggle was that their tracking system sucks big time.

out of the 3 items ordered, i have received two but apparently as per shopyourworld they are still in transit!

and remember to ship them as duty free gift and you can save on duty costs!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks