Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd September 2011, 21:33   #436
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Passport Renewal Procedure

vnabhi- sorry to hear that mate. At least Pune RPO is much more efficient. I got my own passport last year in 40 days, including police verification for change of address. My daughter's I just received yesterday, having applied on 26th July (about 7 weeks). In fact hers had no police verification but I gotthe same "unavoidable circumstances" message as yours on the website, else others who applied at the same time got it over 2 weeks ago.

The only time I remember my passport being stuck in limbo between police verification and RPO was in 2000 when I had applied for a brand new one. Nobody could explain where my passport was stuck exactly and I'd kind of given up on it when it suddenly turned up in the post one day.

If it's urgent, please contact someone high up either through teh available escalation channels or through personal connections.
Old 22nd September 2011, 21:58   #437
BHPian

I had applied for re-issue i.e. post expiry of 10 years. I had applied on 2-8-11 and police verification was done by 10-09-11 (Change of address).

But since then, on Passport site status is showing updated on 3 different dates i.e. 12-Sep, 15-Sep and 20-Sep but all of them shows same thing "waiting for want of Police Verification".

I have crossed checked with police station and each time they confirm that it was sent on 10-Sep.

Now I dont know what should I do, should I wait for few more days, or should I get some written confirmation from Police Station and visit Passport Office and meet Passport Officer.

What is suggested and advised.
Old 23rd September 2011, 11:20   #438
Senior - BHPian

@noopster---thanks for your suggestion. Pune's Passport Office is certainly efficient, and no other office in the country is apparrently as lethargic as the one in Hyderabad.

But I have good news----my passport arrived by speed post just now, barely two days after I sent the details to my IFS pal. I also sent him a thank you message, which he promptly acknowledged.

As the re-issued passport is effective from 30-Aug-2011 for 10 years (I'd applied on April 23rd), I am not very sure whether it was a case of uncanny coincidence or if my pal's influence actually worked. We can know only from other Hyderabad guys who applied in the same time frame, or earlier.

Edit: I visited the Hyd Passport website just now to see my status online, and it still shows the old message that owing to unavoidable circumstances, despatch of passport has been delayed and that it would be sent in a week's time. LOL!

Last edited by vnabhi : 23rd September 2011 at 11:23.
vnabhi is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd September 2011, 12:45   #439
BHPian

Venu Saab, you are lucky. I am still waiting for my passport. Hyderabad RPO works at dead snail's pace and the time taken just for a renewal is 4-5 months. My wife got her passport about 1.5 years after applying. Heard that it is even longer now.
Old 23rd September 2011, 14:06   #440
Distinguished - BHPian

^^ Good Lord is that true? Why don't you people complain to your local representatives or better still rake the issue up in the media?
Old 23rd September 2011, 14:28   #441
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by noopster View Post
^^ Good Lord is that true? Why don't you people complain to your local representatives or better still rake the issue up in the media?
Holy Molly, even MLAs have put pressure on the RPO in the past few months, per TOI, all of no avail. The RPO was changed a couple of months back, and the new guy issued a public statement that he would get things moving faster.

A week back, a state govt Minister also visited the RPO and demanded an explanation for the inordinate delays being faced by many citizens. I wonder when things will get set right.

@Nikhil, when did you apply for re-issue?
Old 23rd September 2011, 15:05   #442
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post
@Nikhil, when did you apply for re-issue?
Venu Saab, I applied for a re-issue in the first week of May and my Verification was completed a month after applying, in the first week of June. The agonizing wait started from the second week of june till now. I hope they hasten up the process and cater to the needs of people. I am scared to even apply for inclusion of my name in my wife's passport now. She got her passport after 1.5 years of applying and now if I submit it again to include my name, it would take another year or two to be returned with updated information. God Bless The Poor Souls, Who Throng RPO's to submit their applications for Passports.
Old 23rd September 2011, 15:12   #443
Senior - BHPian

Nikhil---using the time frame in my case as a benchmark (though it is deplorable), let me know if you don't get your passport by first week of October. I shall request my friend once again.
Old 23rd September 2011, 15:38   #444
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post
Nikhil---using the time frame in my case as a benchmark (though it is deplorable), let me know if you don't get your passport by first week of October. I shall request my friend once again.
I took your timeframe into consideration today morning and thought that I should have it in my hands, latest by first week of October. Thanks a ton Venu Saab for the kind gesture. I shall surely get back to you, in case they don't send me the passport by 1st week of October. This is the beauty of being a part of TBHP Family, especially Hydeez Family. All ready to help each other out of some mess
Old 27th September 2011, 03:50   #445
Senior - BHPian

Whether you follow up or not,the time they take fro the Re issue is at least 6months. I applied on November 2010 and got it on March 23rd of 2011. Say about 5 months.So apply and wait patiently. Now the things may change after Outsourcing.
Old 14th October 2011, 12:25   #446
BHPian

How smooth is process for reissue of indian passport in a foreign country?

I have 1.5 years for my passport to expire, also expecting a long term travel in this time frame.
Old 15th October 2011, 11:42   #447
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Bean View Post
How smooth is process for reissue of indian passport in a foreign country?

I have 1.5 years for my passport to expire, also expecting a long term travel in this time frame.
Depends on the country.

If you are in the Capital then Embassy does a reasonably fast job. Consulate turn around is highly dependent on individual consulates. All said and done it is much better experience than in India.
Old 15th October 2011, 21:44   #448
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aroy View Post
Depends on the country.

If you are in the Capital then Embassy does a reasonably fast job. Consulate turn around is highly dependent on individual consulates. All said and done it is much better experience than in India.
Hi, Thanks for the input. Reissue will happen at Paris, France. Looking forward to a smooth experience, there are few posts on the net where people have got it reissued by submitting documents through courier.
Old 16th October 2011, 22:03   #449
BANNED

Got sister's PP renewed the tatkal way.

On a fine thursday, the online form is filled up, and we get an appointment for Monday. On monday, we reach the RPO (Kochi/ ernekulam) around 10.30 AM, get one of the last tokens. We show the form to the ex-serviceman guy sitting outside in a booth to ensure that everything is OK. They were'nt. He wanted some document, and would not take it on USB stick - we had to email it to him. Also, we had messud up the <surname> <Firstname> parts. He advises to come around 12.30.

At 12.30, we reach, and find that still2 digit tokens are being called, so we ask for special permission (she was feeding her less than a month infant)for out of turn. We come out of the building by 1.00 PM.

On Friday, the PP reaches home by speed post.

I was amused by the poster @ RPO which says "why do want a tatkaal renewal? We do normal renewals in 10 days" kind of. Did not want to attract attention by photographing the sign.
Old 17th October 2011, 09:19   #450
BHPian

1) whats the current process to change address in PP? required documents for the same?

2)also is it mandatory to have at least one of the parent's PP to show the address while applying for a fresh PP for an infant/ child? or should the address be the same in PP for both the parents?

Thanks in advance.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks