Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd May 2013, 21:20   #661
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2500cc View Post
Hi All,

Want to know how hard it is search and get jobs in Australia assuming that am in India and have a work permit.

THanks,
Rajesh
I assume you have a 457. Isn't that locked to an employer? Employer is obliged to inform immigration if you are no longer in their employ. And you are obliged to inform immigration before changing the sponsor. Isn't that right?
Old 24th May 2013, 09:16   #662
BHPian

re: Emigrating to a Foreign Land!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BinFord View Post
.I have applied on 2008 through an agent who happens to be our family friend.But later on I have made myself as an "authorized recipient" and dealt with OZ IMMIGRATION directly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alter_Ego View Post
Most of my friends went via consultancies like Y-axis but a couple of strong headed friends went and applied on their own via the Oz online application medium.
Based on your experience, is it advisable to apply directly or go through some agency ?
Old 24th May 2013, 10:10   #663
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sajusherief View Post
Based on your experience, is it advisable to apply directly or go through some agency ?
Both have the same chances of conversion. If you are thorough and go through all the required documentation list from the Oz immigration site and do all the steps properly then you need not shell out the extra commission which goes as high as 1-2Lacs INR with some consultants.

The only benefit applying via consultants is you would not have to be that cautious with every step and the consultancies will let you know what all docs and steps are required.

PS. For all
In case anyone is planning an immigration to other countries, this is the YEAR. Interacted with some of the immigration experts and they say that 2013 is going to be the year of immigration. This year will see mass movement of immigrants from one hemisphere to other.
Moi at least is returning to India
Old 24th May 2013, 10:53   #664
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
PS. For all
In case anyone is planning an immigration to other countries, this is the YEAR. Interacted with some of the immigration experts and they say that 2013 is going to be the year of immigration. This year will see mass movement of immigrants from one hemisphere to other.
why so? people disillusioned with where they are? or the immigration agents have some targets to acheive?
Old 24th May 2013, 11:21   #665
BHPian

Guys,

Any feedback on how to proceed with NZ immigration or the one with Nordic Countries [ specifically Finland, Iceland, Norway ]

Would love to hear your feedback on the same.
Old 24th May 2013, 15:37   #666
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by selfdrive View Post
why so? people disillusioned with where they are? or the immigration agents have some targets to acheive?
From what they said and I understood was that it was more to do with immigration policies changing, countries aligning with the right skillset to achieve the critical mass to get back on the development track from the current stagnancy and of course with the corporate worlds in the major developed countries urging their senators to ease the immigration rules and bring around new bills to encourage immigration.(wink wink..me refering to chambers and zuckerburgs of the corporate world)
Old 24th May 2013, 21:48   #667
BHPian

Quote:
From what they said and I understood was that it was more to do with immigration policies changing, countries aligning with the right skillset to achieve the critical mass to get back on the development track from the current stagnancy and of course with the corporate worlds in the major developed countries urging their senators to ease the immigration rules and bring around new bills to encourage immigration.(wink wink..me refering to chambers and zuckerburgs of the corporate world)

You don't know about the forward movement in US? http://www.fwd.us/

Emigrating to a Foreign Land!-screen-shot-20130524-9.17.28-am.png
Old 24th May 2013, 22:15   #668
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gandhi View Post
Yeah i went to that website a few days back. I was looking for more details on what are the reforms being proposed and what are their implications. Found neither there.
Old 24th May 2013, 22:39   #669
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitoj View Post
Yeah i went to that website a few days back. I was looking for more details on what are the reforms being proposed and what are their implications. Found neither there.
They themselves are not proposing any specifics but they want to increase the pace at which government is working on immigration reforms. They want to increase the influence of tech companies in this area. I think they have a team that works directly with government on immigration reforms.

http://www.fwd.us/about_us
Old 25th May 2013, 10:04   #670
BHPian

Quote:
(wink wink..me refering to chambers and zuckerburgs of the corporate world)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gandhi View Post

Attachment 1087459
If I din't know then why would I wink. But alas the indian service sector companies would take a hit by this bill.Mostly companies like infy, wipro and TCS. But overall I guess now it would enable real talent to cross borders rather than just plain body shopping.
Old 29th May 2013, 21:27   #671
BHPian

Hi
My cousin brother has been offered to work in brno czech republic as an expat for year or two. Would like to know what things to consider. For career sake an exposure can go alone too. Please advice
Old 30th May 2013, 18:14   #672
Senior - BHPian

Imcompetent Immigration Agent - want to alert all Tbhpians?

I hired the services of a Immigration agent in Andheri, Mumbai in May-2012.

Purpose - Wife wanted to Immigrate to South Africa with our Infant son.

My Experience and what I wish readers to be aware of

1) Agent has another sub-agent, they outsource the jobs to that person who does the dirty paper work and sweat job of liasing with embassies.

2) In my case both this agent and the sub-agent never processed my papers with embassy and I was made to wait, run around, keep writing mails for nearly 8 months for nothing.

3) After lots of delays, I finally 'was told' embassy has approved my file and we need to just walk in and get the stamping and fly away!

4) When we went to the SA emb in Altamount Road on friday 12th apr 2013, we were in BIG shock, embassy is closed ALL FRIDAYs of the year and this agent DID NOT EVEN KNOW that fact. --- THERE never was a appointment for US there, and heck - the type of Visa we applied in (Quota Work permit, Aka H1B of S.a) wasnt even opened yet for 2013! This agent was absolutely clueless in the approach and extremely sloppy and imcompetent. This was AFTER lots of 'promised' mailers that the final approval was ready and all we needed to do was travel to embassy and present ourselves!

---Read this---4a) - My 1st appointment on 12/apr/13 was postponed because my agent said quote "Due to some renovation work and sewerage issue d embassy has moved all appointments to Monday n Tuesday"..!!

What the!! When did embassies start giving out heads up for blocked potties!

5) I must say the business card of the agent reads "BSLLLB" like a lawyer or something, so hope this wouldnt pose any legal issues to Tbhp, I dont want that!!

6) I was nearly 'Harrased' for the refund of my 32K INR. Finally agent agreed to pay back 23K to which I agreed. (Better than nothing)

7) More harrasment and beating around the bush for "ADDING me as a payee" and banks closed for the chattisgarh mafia attacks -- "My dad is into police force too so we have come for d shok here.......Also I have lost Sumone in d attack. I am moaning his death"....!!

8) FINALLY - today - 30-May-2013, I get a 20K NEFT and I am like 'yay' and I have been said to wait a bit more for the 3K.

-------

--------

Sincerely
Santosh.SV

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Last edited by GTO : 31st May 2013 at 13:43. Reason: Moving to the immigration thread
Old 30th May 2013, 18:24   #673
Team-BHP Support

Re: Imcompetent Immigration Agent - want to alert all Tbhpians?

However, with regards to what you mentioned, you should have done your homework well. Most foreign countries have reasonably well maintained immigration websites, which you should have used.

Last edited by GTO : 31st May 2013 at 13:42. Reason: Moving out
Old 30th May 2013, 18:29   #674
Senior - BHPian

Hi Ben, Totally agree to my fault and back then when I searched for SA agents I hardly found any. Believe it or not, nearly all names in the Justdial SMS turned down the SA option and kept talking about Aus, NZ, etc etc, and other than 'Y-Axis' this was the only other name that offered to take up my case - but yep - total eye opener on how easy is it to fall into the wrong hands.

I feel bad i let my wife down... she wanted to be beside her very sick dad, he is a PR there and wanted all of us to slowly move in with him!

Last edited by GTO : 31st May 2013 at 13:43. Reason: Moving to the immigration thread
Old 30th May 2013, 20:15   #675
Distinguished - BHPian

Hi Santosh,

Feel sorry about your sufferings, and it's sad how so many of us get taken for a ride in this country. Just be glad you haven't suffered a substantial financial loss, and the fellow has returned the majority of your money.

However, even if you do post a thread naming and shaming the agent, it'll be a matter of days before he changes the name of his agency and starts operations afresh - and you would not gain anything through a separate thread. OTOH, if you post your experience in the generic thread on Team-BHP that you pointed out, as well as post on other specific fora about complaints (e.g. www.complaintsboard.in), it would go a long way to prevent other people from being duped in a similar manner.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks