Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th January 2014, 22:30   #736
BHPian

re: Emigrating to a Foreign Land!

Quote:
Originally Posted by extreme_torque View Post
Congrats Deepak! I got my OZ immiration in January 2013 but still haven't been able to make a move due to some commitments. I am also planning to do it around the same time frame. Have you looked at the job opportunities there?
Hello Mate, I am evaluating the options but none the less I am scheduled to travel on 10th Feb to Melbourne

What are your plans?
Old 7th January 2014, 09:40   #737
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sourav9385 View Post
Thank you so much for taking the time to reply to my queries! I really appreciate it. .
As per the websites you have provided, both seem to suggest that we might be eligible to come to Canada with an Open Work Permit. Need to find more about that.

3. Since applying for a P.R is still some time away, we are looking to get some experience of working in Canada. Hope that will improve our chances.

Anyways, thanks again for all the help. Would definitely like to keep in touch with you in the times to come.
You're welcome.
What do you mean by 'Open Work Permit'? AFAIK, the spouse of a person coming to Canada on a work visa is entitled for an 'Open Work Permit'. Other work permits are not open but specific to the job and got to be applied by the potential employer.
Old 10th March 2014, 20:55   #738
BHPian

Anyone know how the job market in Australia is like currently? I'm about to begin the PR process so just wanted to find out before I pay 27K for skills assessment. Thanks!
Old 16th March 2014, 13:35   #739
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellmet View Post
Anyone know how the job market in Australia is like currently? I'm about to begin the PR process so just wanted to find out before I pay 27K for skills assessment. Thanks!
That depends on what industry u come from and what specialization. If you are into IT and a developer, there is a red carpet waiting for you. If you are a functional guy, its a little bit of a struggle.

Not very sure of other industries, but I know that they are a struggle to get into.

Prajwal
Old 16th March 2014, 14:19   #740
BHPian

Thanks Prajwal. I'm in IT working in the cloud.
Old 16th March 2014, 16:35   #741
BHPian

What are the option for an IT software developer and a QA test analyst to apply for HSMP UK visa? Is there any particular skills which will enable to apply for HSMP? And is it possible to apply from india?
Old 16th March 2014, 19:05   #742
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellmet View Post
All i would say is use due discretion, and also join various Linkedin groups to find out the scope in the EXACT area of specialization as yours. Please do NOT go by general opinion about the IT market doing well. The trend is for technical jobs being outsourced, so i would recommend getting actual feedback before you take the plunge or quit your current job.

Always be prepared to rough it out initially.
Old 17th March 2014, 16:50   #743
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prajwalkashyap View Post
If you are into IT and a developer, there is a red carpet waiting for you.
Might as well be the "Green Mile".

One should be careful. Things have changed a lot there since last 3 years. The ease/difficulty with which our Friends@PostingPicsOnFacebook got jobs is no longer a yardstick in Market today in Australia.
Old 18th March 2014, 11:39   #744
Senior - BHPian

Anyone here who has successfully migrated to New Zealand? I wanted to ask more about the job market there

Also, for Oz or NZ, what would be the challenges for a family of 4 (2 kids) to move? Is it advisable for the guy to move first and look for a job etc and them move the rest of the family? in this case, how does the PR thingy work, do we apply for one or all 4?
Old 18th March 2014, 16:25   #745
BHPian

I have been working with the IT / ITeS industry for approx 6yrs now. My company has initiated the H1 process for me. Right now, an LCA posting has been made. Now waiting for April for announcements to comein from the US authorities.

Wanted to know from people on the forum about the process and how long can the process take. What are the things I should be aware of. Any Do's & Dont's
Old 22nd April 2014, 17:10   #746

Not sure if i updated folks earlier but i received my PR(Oz) last year September. Tried every trick in the book to go onsite through current company but hasn't worked out till now. hence going on a week long trip to Melbourne next week to validate my visa.
Old 25th April 2014, 01:52   #747
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thumping Soul View Post
I have been working with the IT / ITeS industry for approx 6yrs now. My company has initiated the H1 process for me. Right now, an LCA posting has been made. Now waiting for April for announcements to comein from the US authorities.

Wanted to know from people on the forum about the process and how long can the process take. What are the things I should be aware of. Any Do's & Dont's
I heard lottery results are out now, any news on the same?

Some of the future steps [if your file is selected in lottery ] are:

$ Petition filing for H1B
$ Sometimes, they request for more evidence documents
$ Final result will be out by Sept end
$ Then you have to take appointment at US consulate for Visa interview, which is a two day process.

Have patience, the process is somewhat slow
Old 25th April 2014, 02:35   #748
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

1. Your company will get a receipt number once the visa is selected through the lottery system. The visa is still not approved and under process (this can take from 1 month to 4 months) . You can track the progress with the 9 digit receipt number.

2. Once approved, the approved notice (1-797) is dispatched to the company which shows the duration of the validity of the H1 visa.

3. Once company receives the application, then you can raise the visa stamping request. You would have to go and get the visa stamping done which takes 2 days . (first day for biometrics and second day for interview and stamping).

4. Interview for H1 wont be very difficult as long as the paperwork is correct and the correct work mapping is done while filing. Some of the questions would be the role that you perform, company for which you work (which should be your parent company from which you are travelling), client and monthly pay.

Hope this answers your question.
Old 25th April 2014, 02:56   #749
BHPian

Quote:

You should be aware of your LCA wages for the position that you are applying.

The website : http://flcdatacenter.com/ will give you the LCA wages range in each City of USA. You are legally entitled to get the minimum wages mentioned here for the city that you will be working in. Wages will change depending on the City, even if they are just 1 mile apart.

Most of the employers will try to stick with the minimum wage mentioned here, so depending upon your family status (married, no. of kids etc) ensure that the salary that you get is good enough to cover the expenses. The LCA wages have dropped from last year which is not a good news for job seekers.

All the best
Old 25th April 2014, 16:18   #750

Quote:
Originally Posted by TorqueyTechie View Post
1. Your company will get a receipt number once the visa is selected through the lottery system. The visa is still not approved and under process (this can take from 1 month to 4 months) . You can track the progress with the 9 digit receipt number.

2. Once approved, the approved notice (1-797) is dispatched to the company which shows the duration of the validity of the H1 visa.

3. Once company receives the application, then you can raise the visa stamping request. You would have to go and get the visa stamping done which takes 2 days . (first day for biometrics and second day for interview and stamping).

4. Interview for H1 wont be very difficult as long as the paperwork is correct and the correct work mapping is done while filing. Some of the questions would be the role that you perform, company for which you work (which should be your parent company from which you are travelling), client and monthly pay.

Hope this answers your question.
I am also waiting for the results of the lottery. As per my company we will get details only by Mid May. They have not shared any case no etc till now.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks