Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th February 2015, 19:01   #826
Senior - BHPian

re: Emigrating to a Foreign Land!

Quote:
Originally Posted by n_aditya View Post
Amit, regarding your query, my wife's cousin would be the sponsor. They are US citizen's. What process would apply in this case?
I'm afraid cousins can't sponsor your green card as a family member. They can sponsor you as a visitor only. Same goes for uncles, aunts and grandparents. Your best bet is to find an employer willing to file H1B for you. But that employer will need to prove that your skills are not readily available in the US job market, which should not be a problem if the attorney firm that the employer engages is any good.
Old 3rd March 2015, 16:30   #827
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitoj View Post
I'm afraid cousins can't sponsor your green card as a family member. They can sponsor you as a visitor only. Same goes for uncles, aunts and grandparents. Your best bet is to find an employer willing to file H1B for you. But that employer will need to prove that your skills are not readily available in the US job market, which should not be a problem if the attorney firm that the employer engages is any good.
Thank you for your reply, Amit.
Old 3rd March 2015, 18:49   #828
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Anytime, Aditya.

Oh I forgot to mention another option, which is the EB5 category, as an investor. I am afraid I dont know much about it though.
Old 6th March 2015, 08:46   #829
BHPian

Is this a good time for IT jobs in the USA? How's the market there, and would it be worth the effort if someone's willing to sponsor a H1B for you?
Old 6th March 2015, 19:38   #830
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellmet View Post
Is this a good time for IT jobs in the USA? How's the market there, and would it be worth the effort if someone's willing to sponsor a H1B for you?
The job market is doing pretty well i think. Some might say that there is a tech bubble going on again even though this one is quite different in the sense that it is not all made up of air like the last one.

"Worth the effort" is subjective and really varies from one individual to another. Even with the same individual it will vary with time. One way to determine this is to list down the pros and cons that you see and decide whether it is really worth the effort or not.
Old 7th March 2015, 16:15   #831
BHPian

How is the job market for IT in Canada? Heard that it is easier/quicker through ExpressEntry?
Old 9th March 2015, 10:33   #832
BHPian

I have got an opportunity through my current employer for a long term 18 month project in a company just outside of Milan, Italy.

The salary will be around EUR60K per year.

I would like to know first hand experiences from team bhpians living in Italy about living cost for a family of 3 and what is the saving potential in Italy from a perspective of average indian spender.
Old 9th March 2015, 10:37   #833
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by athanedar View Post
I have got an opportunity through my current employer for a long term 18 month project in a company just outside of Milan, Italy.

I would like to know first hand experiences from team bhpians living in Italy about living cost for a family of 3 and what is the saving potential in Italy from a perspective of average indian spender.
TeamBHPian mjothi is now based out of Italy. Maybe its a good idea to PM him, just in case you get any information otherwise.
Old 9th March 2015, 10:43   #834
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
The other option is to go through some body shopping guys, which I'm sure you already know. Its tough in the beginning (say about 1-2 years) after which you can move & support your family easily.
Old 9th March 2015, 11:52   #835
BHPian

Quote:
I was in italy, for about an year. The major cost item, would be the accommodation. In rome, we could get a single BHK for around E700. Tax rates are high, all over europe. So with your package, the max savings could be around E1.0K per month.
Old 10th March 2015, 03:57   #836
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I have got an opportunity through my current employer for a long term 18 month project in a company just outside of Milan, Italy. The salary will be around EUR60K per year.
60K at first glance looks good, you should probably investigate on what you actually get in hand As JMaruru mentions house rent will be a major part of it, it'd still depend on where exactly you'd stay in Milan. Next highest would be heating and electricity. Living expenses would depend on whether you are single, family, kids etc.

How well connected is the office with public transport?
Old 10th March 2015, 16:12   #837
BHPian

Quote:

Hi,

I think you can use the below link to calculate the approx in hand figure after tax

http://calculatenetsalary.com/calcul...-in-italy.html

Usually when they say 60K, it is inclusive of an average 10% bonus (variable) so do have a check with them again.

And yea, as its mentioned earlier, housing rent is the major expenses and if you have any liabilities (homeloan, carloan, etc) back home.

Last edited by dar3dev|l : 10th March 2015 at 16:14.
Old 10th March 2015, 17:21   #838
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gypsyFreak View Post
How is the job market for IT in Canada? Heard that it is easier/quicker through ExpressEntry?

Guys, any response on this? I also have the same question basically.

What are the countries a Software tester can target for immigration? I see that Canada,Nz and Oz has scope. But, I would like to have expert views on the same.
Old 10th March 2015, 17:54   #839
BHPian

^^ Kablu, no on is expert here. Basically, you should be the one who should make the decision on the country you wish to choose. All countries have their +ve's and -ve's and how desperate are you to leave the country.

Canada, NZ and OZ all have their own respective immigration systems so once you have finalized a country just go with the points system to see if you are eligible of their short skilled resident permit or not.

In terms of you skills as Software Tester, all the 3 countries you mentioned have that requirement and how quickly you get a job is a question that no one can really answer. The prospects are good in all 3 countries as software tester is a role which I think any application development department would want.

Hope that help.

All the best on your search.
Old 10th March 2015, 18:28   #840
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gypsyFreak View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by kablu View Post
Guys, any response on this? I also have the same question basically.

What are the countries a Software tester can target for immigration? I see that Canada,Nz and Oz has scope. But, I would like to have expert views on the same.
I don't know about Australia and New Zealand but for Canada, it is not that easy to break into the job market as it may seem, even if there is demand for your role. Be prepared to start at a level lower than your current level. Many people take up survival jobs in the beginning. Decide whether that is something you are willing to do or not.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks