Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th June 2014, 00:20   #766
Team-BHP Support

re: Emigrating to a Foreign Land!

Quote:
Any thoughts on Canada ? Is it worth trying for a PR ? Or is it a total struggle once you get there ?
Depends on many factors - I can list few-

1 Age
2 Marital Status
3 Qualification
4 Experience
5 Specialization if any

More importantly why will you like to shift

1 Better Earnings
2 Better Living / working Conditions
3 Future life of kids .

It's indeed struggle for a while for many but if you have reasonable savings & are in profession which has easier acceptability / demand it will be easier . But whosoever goes with firm mind will normally succeed ..
Old 20th June 2014, 14:07   #767
BHPian

How good is the automotive industry in canada/australia ?
Other than trying for PR, anyone moved to Canada/Australia by securing a job in AUTOMOTIVE R&D? I mean anyone here who got a job in either of these countries from India?
Old 20th June 2014, 15:18   #768
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sajusherief View Post
Other than trying for PR, anyone moved to Canada/Australia by securing a job in AUTOMOTIVE R&D? I mean anyone here who got a job in either of these countries from India?
I can talk about Australia. Australia is moving away from car manufacturing big time and going the import route. As of today Holden(Ford) is the only car manufactured in Australia but in next 2 years Holden has decided to stop manufacturing. Also there is no R&D for automobiles in Australia, most of the cars are imported.
Old 20th June 2014, 15:59   #769
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chalu View Post
As of today Holden(Ford) is the only car manufactured in Australia .
By automotive I meant everything - cars, trucks, two wheelers, commercial vehicles. I heard trucking industry is a huge one in Australia, is it true?
Old 20th June 2014, 16:33   #770
BHPian

Hi all, I just have an inquiry to make. I have an uncle who is quite well off. He is in his mid 40's and married. Now what he wants to do is to spend some months of the year in the UK, every year. This is his plan:

Buy 3-4 houses in the UK, give them out for rent. With the rent money he plans to travel to the UK each year with his family for as many days as his tourist visa will allow and live a western life without working. Then come back home for a a while and then few months later go back to the Uk again.

I mean is this even possible? Will he have trouble getting a visa to the UK if he applies for one every year? Finances to sustain his family without working in the UK during their stay is not a problem.

Also what should be the gap between visa applications to the UK? Is there a limit?
For eg. He stays for 3 months in the Uk then comes back, and wants to go again. So how soon can he apply for another UK visa?
Old 20th June 2014, 16:46   #771
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbanator View Post
Depends on many factors - I can list few-
It's indeed struggle for a while for many but if you have reasonable savings & are in profession which has easier acceptability / demand it will be easier . But whosoever goes with firm mind will normally succeed ..
How do I apply for Canadian Immigration ? Any idea on how long it would take ? What documents would I need to apply ?
Old 20th June 2014, 16:58   #772
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chalu View Post
I can talk about Australia. ............ As of today Holden(Ford) is the only car......... imported.
Chalu

By Holden- Ford you mean Holden- General Motors (GM), right?
Old 20th June 2014, 17:36   #773
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by desiaztec View Post
Chalu

By Holden- Ford you mean Holden- General Motors (GM), right?
Oops my mistake

By the time I noticed the mistake I was not able to edit my post

Quote:
By automotive I meant everything - cars, trucks, two wheelers, commercial vehicles. I heard trucking industry is a huge one in Australia, is it true?
I just took an example of cars but as a whole Automotive Australia believes in importing most of the equipment including mining trucks, machines etc... is imported.

There is a lot of scope in mining, Banking, Accounting, IT in Australia as of today.

Last edited by aah78 : 20th June 2014 at 17:54. Reason: Posts merged.
Old 20th June 2014, 17:46   #774
BHPian

iluvcars

Im not able to PM you. Care to share your email address, I got a few queries.
Old 20th June 2014, 19:19   #775
Senior - BHPian

Any one living in San Antonio, TX? Some ideas on rental rates, good areas to live and schools, cost of living etc will be nice to have.
Old 20th June 2014, 20:05   #776
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amrisharm View Post
Hi all, I just have an inquiry to make. I have an uncle who is quite well off. He is in his mid 40's and married. Now what he wants to do is to spend some months of the year in the UK, every year. This is his plan:

Buy 3-4 houses in the UK, give them out for rent. With the rent money he plans to travel to the UK each year with his family for as many days as his tourist visa will allow and live a western life without working. Then come back home for a a while and then few months later go back to the Uk again.

I mean is this even possible? Will he have trouble getting a visa to the UK if he applies for one every year? Finances to sustain his family without working in the UK during their stay is not a problem.

Also what should be the gap between visa applications to the UK? Is there a limit?
For eg. He stays for 3 months in the Uk then comes back, and wants to go again. So how soon can he apply for another UK visa?
In theory it can be done but there are a few issues he needs to look into.
1) Taxation of his rental income in UK.
2) Management of his rental property in UK.
3) He can stay in the UK for up to 180 days per visit on a General Visitor visa.
4) Instead of applying for a visa every year, he can apply for a long term visit visa if he can prove that he need to make repeat visits over a longer period. However he can not live in the UK for long periods of time through frequent visits
5) There is no restriction on the number of visits a person may make to the UK nor any requirement that a specified time must elapse between successive visits.As long as it is not over 180 days per visit.
Old 21st June 2014, 00:54   #777
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Canada has quite a few Automakers manufacturing their cars there.

The prominent ones are
  • Magna International is Canada's biggest domestic firm in the sector, and is the world's third-largest auto parts firm, producing entire vehicles at its Magna Steyr plant in Austria.
  • General Motors Canada
  • CAMI Automotive Joint venture between General Motors and Suzuki
  • Ford Motor Company of Canada
  • Chrysler Canada
  • Hino Canada
  • Toyota Canada
  • Honda Canada
  • Bombardier Inc.
  • Dupont Industries

Check this Wiki Link for more information Automotive industry in Canada
Old 21st June 2014, 01:51   #778
BHPian

Any BHP'ians in US working with any IT companies after their MS?

I was planning for my MS in the states this fall, but couldn't make it though.

Planning to get relevant work experience here in India in the IT sector then will re-apply.

Any Computer Science graduates in the US?

How much well-off should be one in programming to get into a good IT company in US?

-Bhargav
Old 7th July 2014, 07:55   #779
BHPian

My wife works in Biotechnology and we're both unhappy with the work environment and pay. We're looking to move out of India and are looking at countries that might offer good opportunities in this field.

A friend suggested Germany but I would be pleased to know Bhpians' opinion on this.

Thanks!
Old 7th July 2014, 08:16   #780
BHPian

^^ hellmet there are a lot of countries in need of biotechnologists. Below are countries where I found the occupation listed in skilled occupation list.

- Australia (www.liveinvictoria.vic.gov.au/working-and-employment/victorian-industries/biotechnology)
- New Zealand (http://www.immigration.govt.nz/NR/rd.../0/INZ1093.pdf)
- Canada (http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resourc...technology.asp)

Also, here's a report from E&Y about the biotechnology sector in Germany.

All the best

Last edited by dar3dev|l : 7th July 2014 at 08:25.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks