re: Emigrating to a Foreign Land!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BinFord View Post
Hi MaxTorque

Thanks

Yes ,I am with family and need to search for a job now
Quote:
Originally Posted by S_U_N View Post
@BinFord, if you have some free time, please describe the overall process of immigration, timelines required, costs involved and so on, for the benefit of all.
Hi,

Congratulations. I too am in the process of the same and have just recd our invitation to apply last week. I am just awaiting my passport renewal and than shall apply for the same around 1st week August.

The process is quite simple if you ask me, No agents / consultants really reqd. We read and re read the entire process updated by the Australian Govt and followed it step by step. We managed to get our approvals in said time frame. Only thing one has to really take care of, is follow the process. When asked for a pdf in particular name format, pls ensure it is in the same.

By doing so, you would end up easing the process. We started the process in Feb 2013 and applied for clearance from Australian Computer Society (ACS) and in the mean time appeared for IELTS. By end of May we had our ACS approval and IELTS cleared.

Around 3rd week of may we applied for our Expression Of Interest (EOI) and recd the invitation to apply last week.

If anyone needs any sort of info please post here or PM me and i shall do the best i can.

@MODS, I am not a professional agent or anything, just an avg Joe who did extensive research for this process and just wanna help the fellow mates in here.

Attaching a pdf which will give you all an over view of the process.
1119-form6.pdf is the in and out of the process.
1119 - Form 6.pdf

990i is the details on the charges / costs involved. But the costs of documentation such as notary, true copy, IELTS, courier (IF ANY), ACS Certification is all extra. This is just the costs / fee structure for VISA / PR process.
990i - Charges.pdf
Regards,

Last edited by h@r$h@l : 10th July 2013 at 17:57.
Old 20th October 2013, 13:13   #707
Team-BHP Support

Saw this interesting video... about how Americans were lot nicer to new immigrants during pre-80s.

Samurai is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th October 2013, 14:10   #708
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai View Post
Saw this interesting video... about how Americans were lot nicer to new immigrants during pre-80s.
They still are the exceptional country which is most open to immigrants. Compare US immigration laws to the EU and you will realize.

Last edited by bblost : 20th October 2013 at 14:24. Reason: embedded video link removed
Old 20th October 2013, 16:13   #709
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by h@r$h@l View Post
Hi,

Congratulations. I too am in the process of the same and have just recd our invitation to apply last week. I am just awaiting my passport renewal and than shall apply for the same around 1st week August.
[/ATTACH]

990i is the details on the charges / costs involved. But the costs of documentation such as notary, true copy, IELTS, courier (IF ANY), ACS Certification is all extra. This is just the costs / fee structure for VISA / PR process.
Attachment 1108735
Regards,
What a coincidence , I just finished posting a list of question on an expat forum which is green in color .

Under which category you are planning to file
Are you going for 189 or 190
In your case did ACS deducted any experience from your total experience
Do you mind sharing your general profile

I just sent my ACS assessment on 13th Oct , I filed under 263111 . I am done with IELTS and scored 7 minimum on each band.

Its amazing to find someone here who is in the same boat .
Stay in touch .

Regards

Last edited by Technocrat : 25th October 2013 at 23:47. Reason: Please avoid quoting a large post as it causes inconvenience to our mobile readers, thanks
Old 24th October 2013, 12:50   #710
BHPian

Quote:
Hi,

Thanks for sharing the details!

I am also starting with my applications. I have assessed my points with the help of a consultant here's what they gave me,

Age 25 - I am in the 33-39 category.
Education 15 - I am an MCA so must be a bachelors qualification according to their standards.
Overseas employment 15 - 8+ years work experience in India
English Language 10 - hoping I can score 7 in IELTS :-)

So the total stands at 65.

ANZSCO Code 261313, Software Engineer

I have few questions to begin with,

Is minimum 60 mark for eligibility a base mark or does this mark qualify you for faster processing. Like if I get 70 or 75, will that make the processing faster?

On the overseas employment the document asks for employment reference letter in original company letter head. Now I am working with my present company from past 7 years and you know unless we resign no one will give you an experience letter nor a reference letter like this one which includes details of our duty. Even for my earlier jobs the letter they gave just states my designation and no details of the duties. Or is Software Engineer or Senior Software Engineer or Principal Application Engineer alright as a duty?

So how do you get such kind of a reference letter? Is there any alternate way like some co-worker can refer and we get it notary attested?

Thanks in advance!
Anish

Last edited by Technocrat : 25th October 2013 at 23:47. Reason: Please avoid quoting a large post as it causes inconvenience to our mobile readers, thanks
Old 24th October 2013, 12:52   #711
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexanish View Post
Thanks for sharing the details!

I am also starting with my applications. I have assessed my points with the help of a consultant here's what they gave me,
All the best for your process.

Basically all you need is a letter from your employer stating you are working with them since xyz date on full time basis and your role in the organization.

thats all we submitted. we have lodged our application and also have a CO now and just awaiting medicals and PCC. Rest most is sorted.

Format of what we submitted :

To whom it may concern,

This is to certify that MR. XYZ ABC is a Full Time employee of ______________________ and was employed from _______ till date.

_______________ was appointed As a ____________ From ________

Duties / Responsibilities / Activities
• Assisting in designing software, web applications & ERPs.
• Assisting for data management.
• Preparing technical documentation.
• Training users for the new system.
• Solution management for internal and external software usage.

Sincerely yours,

(Manager – HR)

Old 24th October 2013, 13:22   #712
BHPian

Quote:
Hi MaxTorque

Thanks

Yes ,I am with family and need to search for a job now
Hi,

I too am planning to apply for my family. But not sure should I get my visa approved first and then include my wife and child. Does the fee remain same or do we need to pay higher if we apply later. Another plan is to get myself the visa, go and find a job and settle before I bring my family along. In that case how does it go? Does that include a visa processing just like a fresh one and fees higher?

Please answer two more questions I have asked in my previous post if you find time.

Appreciate your help!
Anish
Old 24th October 2013, 13:31   #713
Senior - BHPian

To me the biggest challenge appears to be finding a decent job with a decent pay in the country of your choice (we are discussing Australia on this page).

So, landing in the country is not really difficult, the next steps are the ones where the fun begins.

All the best guys!
Old 24th October 2013, 13:46   #714
BHPian

Quote:
All the best for your process.

Basically all you need is a letter from your employer stating you are working with them since xyz date on full time basis and your role in the organization.
Thank you for the quick reply!

My employer is not that favorable. They have a limited set of reasons on which they will issue an employment letter and migration is not mentioned in that workflow. Moreover they have a format of their own and that doesn't have Duties / Responsibilities / Activities part.

The pdf file states that "the assessing agency also can provide opinion on our employment claim". Will that be of any help?

Also, about the points, are they just make you eligible or is it used to rank applicants and pick the ones with higher points first?

Thanks again!
Anish

Last edited by Technocrat : 25th October 2013 at 23:48. Reason: Please avoid quoting a large post as it causes inconvenience to our mobile readers, thanks
Old 24th October 2013, 14:48   #715
BHPian

Quote:
Hi,

I too am planning to apply for my family. But not sure should I get my visa approved first and then include my wife and child. Does the fee remain same or do we need to pay higher if we apply later. Another plan is to get myself the visa, go and find a job and settle before I bring my family along. In that case how does it go? Does that include a visa processing just like a fresh one and fees higher?

Please answer two more questions I have asked in my previous post if you find time.

Appreciate your help!
Anish
Hi Anish

My suggestion is to file the VISA together for you and your family.Since PR process takes sometime it won't be useful for you if file separately. Also without family you won't be eligible for some of the social benefits payment from government.

Then secondly try to find a job from India itself.It is difficult but i recommend you to try before resigning from present company.Or else try to get a sabbatical leave(leave without pay) come here and search.Job market is somewhat tough for ICT professionals and I am also a computer professional.They need Australian reference and local experience and filter the resume accordingly( especially from India.I think you might be knowing the reason ).

Cost of VISA has changed.I think it takes around 5000-7000 AUD for the whole process plus medical and flight tickets.Please check this again for the actual fees.

All the best in advance.
Old 25th October 2013, 12:06   #716
BHPian

Quote:
Hi Anish

My suggestion is to file the VISA together for you and your family.Since PR process takes sometime it won't be useful for you if file separately. Also without family you won't be eligible for some of the social benefits payment from government.
Thanks Binu!

My thought of not including my family in the first stage of processing is because of the risk of rejection and loss of larger amount of fee. For base application the fee is $3520 and additional fee for spouse would be $1760 and one child will be $880. So I would have to pay an additional amount of $2640 for my wife and child. So in case of rejection the loss is huge.

Is there a way I can include my family later once I get my visa cleared? Or once cleared I have to apply for dependent migration or something? Which I believe will take about a year or so. I spoke to a consultant and they said you can add them later once its approved. But can't believe them completely. Also, we are expecting a baby in about 6 months. I believe they must have provision for adding the new born at a later stage of processing.

Regards
Anish

Last edited by Technocrat : 25th October 2013 at 23:48. Reason: Please avoid quoting a large post as it causes inconvenience to our mobile readers, thanks
Old 25th October 2013, 12:17   #717
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks Binu!

My thought of not including my family in the first stage of processing is because of the risk of rejection and loss of larger amount of fee. For base application the fee is $3520 and additional fee for spouse would be $1760 and one child will be $880. So I would have to pay an additional amount of $2640 for my wife and child. So in case of rejection the loss is huge.
Hi Anish

Adding your family separately is same like applying later for PR.From my understanding you can add your dependents later and altogether it is a new filing and it doesn't make much difference.I do not know the laws have changed or not.But I can tell one of friend's case here.He and his wife got the PR recently and she was carrying while they got the PR.So she went back to India for delivery and now the child do not have PR and they need to wait for 1 year to complete the process.What he told me it is the minimum processing time and applies to all.So my suggestion is to apply together and also wait for the new born and get the passport,apply for PR.It makes lot easier for you and avoid complications later.

I did the same way.I have waited for my kid's birth and we applied together even though we lost 1 year in between.

Anyways it is your choice .So do it wisely.

Thanks
Binu

Last edited by Technocrat : 25th October 2013 at 23:49. Reason: Please avoid quoting a large post as it causes inconvenience to our mobile readers, thanks
Old 26th October 2013, 00:15   #718
BHPian

Hi Guys,

Got my PR for Australia, visiting in November to check the job scenario. Any useful tips from experienced members?

For people trying for visa, I can help you understand the process. PM me any questions and I will try answering asap.

Last edited by inder_s1 : 26th October 2013 at 00:17.
Old 26th October 2013, 05:27   #719
BHPian

I've had people tell me you can look for a job either in (US / Canada /Australia) sitting right here in Mumbai. And another bunch tell me to go to the US (on a B1 visa - I have one) and look for one when I am there, As being physically there makes a huge difference. I tend to believe the later, as employers are reluctant to hire people with just a phone/skype interview.

Your thoughts please...
Old 29th October 2013, 20:27   #720
BHPian

Depends what you do.

US maybe more accepting to do interviews by Skype. Especially for IT jobs.

Canada is more closed in approach. In person is needed.

Australia I have no clue.

Also you may need an employer who is open to sponsoring a visa. Things have changed with recession as well.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks