Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 21st October 2005, 09:53   #1
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Look how Team-BHP is being PLAGIARISED!!

This is the absolute peak of disgust - Our Indian car reviews are being "cut, copied and pasted" without so much as the smallest credit given to Team-BHP. And the person responsible for this is a mouthshut member "Pulsarian", who has had the nerve to even register out here under the same nickname.

What takes the cake is that, not only is he copying all our reviews....but they also have the trademark "Buttttttttttttt". I have just included two examples of stolen reviews in this post. I am dead sure there are many more.

Pulsarian - Get a Life, and start using the left part of your brain for a change. Even first graders writing an essay on their favorite fruit are a step above you since they are atleast ORIGINAL.

Regular members will know how strict we are against plagiarism on our board. and it is highly unfortunate that our content is so blatantly being copied by dubious members such as Pulsarian.

CASE ONE - Team-BHP Baleno Review by GTO posted in Feb 2004 - Team-BHP Link

My work took me to worli today, and since I had an extra hour I decided to drop in at Vitesse and testdrive the Baleno. Maruti has just given a massive price-cut and the Baleno with tax and insurance works out to only Rs. 719270 Ex-Thana (which is the preferred choice for us Mumbaites, since we save on 4.5% octroi charges.) Vitesse is currently offering a 13000 cash discount on this price. If you opt for finance the discount will be proportionately higher. Also MUL has very recently launched a stripped of mags and wings version at Rs.6,46,000 on -road. Heres my first impressions after a 45 minute session with the Baleno.

On the looks front, the Baleno can be termed as plain horrible. The front end is the only saving grace on this car, while the rear is an absolute disaster with those boxy non-wraparound lights. The side profile is okay, but the mag wheels that Maruti provide with the car look even worse, in my opinion, than regular wheel caps. The 165mm tyres also look really skinny on a car of this size. Incorporated in the front bumper is a neat looking set of fog lamps but the other new addition; the rear bootlid spoiler, is a feeble attempt at trying to make the rear look presentable............

EXACT COPY - MouthShut review of the Baleno by "Pulsarian" posted on 09/09/05 - Mouth Shut Baleno Review Linky

My work took me to industrial area yesterday, and since I had an extra hour I decided to drop in at Joshi Autozone and testdrive the Baleno. Maruti has given a massive price-cut and the Baleno with tax and insurance works out to only Rs. 699270 Ex-Chandigarh. Joshi Autozone is currently offering a 13000 cash discount on this price. If you opt for finance the discount will be proportionately higher. Also MUL has very recently launched a stripped off version at Rs.6,36,000 on -road. Heres my first impressions after a 45 minute session with the Baleno.

LOOKS- On the looks front, the Baleno can be termed as plain horrible. The front end is the only saving grace on this car, while the rear is an absolute disaster with those boxy non-wraparound lights. The side profile is okay, but the mag wheels that Maruti provide with the car look even worse, in my opinion, than regular wheel caps. The 165mm tyres also look really skinny on a car of this size. Incorporated in the front bumper is a neat looking set of fog lamps but the other new addition; the rear bootlid spoiler, is a feeble attempt at trying to make the rear look presentable..................

CASE TWO - Team-BHP Octavia Review by Rtech posted in October 2004 - Team-BHP Review Link

What can I say…I’m a sucker for understated German/European designs. I love the way they look fresh for years. I love the lack of chrome. I love that they don’t have to force styling on you, ala Hyundai. 10 years from now, the Optra and Corolla will look distinctly old, while the Octavia will still look handsome.

Engine performance and Economy.
The first thing I really had to get used to was the engine. Being a petrol guy all his life, the low redline (4,800 rpm) really took some getting used to. You don’t drive a 1.9 Tdi like you would any Petrol engined car. Do that and you’re not doing justice to that soft turbo and amazing low end torque. 1,800 rpm onwards you get a nice rush of power accompanied by an addictive whistling of the turbo. Once you get used to the car, you don’t need a tacho. Simply listen to the pitch of the turbo change and you know what rpm you are at! Awesome!..............

EXACT COPY - MouthShut review of the Octavia by "Pulsarian" posted on 08/09/05 - Mouthshut Octavia Review Linky

What can I say…I’m a sucker for understated German/European designs. I love the way they look fresh for years. I love the lack of chrome. I love that they don’t have to force styling on you, ala Hyundai. 10 years from now, the Optra and Corolla will look distinctly old, while the Octavia will still look handsome.

Engine performance and Economy
The first thing I really had to get used to was the engine. Being a petrol guy all his life, the low redline (4,800 rpm) really took some getting used to. You don’t drive a 1.9 Tdi like you would any Petrol engined car. Do that and you’re not doing justice to that soft turbo and amazing low end torque. 1,800 rpm onwards you get a nice rush of power accompanied by an addictive whistling of the turbo. Once you get used to the car, you don’t need a tacho. Simply listen to the pitch of the turbo change and you know what rpm you are at! Awesome!................

GTO
Old 21st October 2005, 10:05   #2
BANNED

Very sad and pathetic, looks like this shamster is from Chandigarh. Usually imitation is the sincerest form of flattery but not in this case.
Old 21st October 2005, 10:08   #3
BHPian

For a first, ban Pulsarian from T-BHP !!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 21st October 2005, 10:14   #4
Senior - BHPian

Thats is so Looser-ish.

Ask you hearts fellows, if you feel happy stealing stuff not originally thought and written by you. The stuff we write here is written straight from our hearts. Sadly you wont understand that, as your passion for cars is completely superficial.

Go and see yourself in a mirror.
Old 21st October 2005, 10:22   #5
Team-BHP Support

GTO, this might be a case for a "Supari" :-)
Old 21st October 2005, 10:24   #6
F50
Senior - BHPian

Not only those include this,

Case Three :
TBHP Member Rahulmd on Fiat Petra 1.6

Requirement
The requirement was a for a second car which:
· had a boot (since we already a hatchback in the zen)
· should be powerful
· should be a decent if not an excellent handler
· decent ride
· did not cost over 7 lakhs
Not too bothered about:
· Fuel economy
· Resale value, since I plan to keep it for about 4-5 years and do about 80-100k kms

Options
The obvious first choice was to get a used vtec. Unfortunately in my 3 months of searching didn’t find a reasonably priced vtec with a reassuring past. Most either had doctored meters or was priced between 6.5 and 7 L for a 2001/ 2002 car!!! I even came across a 2003 model for 8.5L!!!
So then I decided to go in for a new car, which left me to choose between:
· Baleno 1.6
· Ford ikon 1.6 Sxi
· Fiat Petra 1.6
My dad had bought a baleno the previous week and was totally in love with it, so that was a serious option as far as I was concerned. But my wife hated the baleno’s backside and she did not want us to pick up yet another maruthi. So that was ruled out.

Crook Pulsarian on Petra 1.6

http://www.mouthshut.com/review/Fiat...L-79009-1.html

Last edited by F50 : 21st October 2005 at 10:29.
Old 21st October 2005, 10:26   #7
Distinguished - BHPian

Any Mouthshut members should post a message on this matter in that site, so that we can stop atleast futher Plagiarisation.

Why are people craving for such cheap publicity?
When i got some Ferrari photos thro mail, I posted them here and very much wrote that I got them thro mail.

Guess? If someone wants to claim cheap publicity...they would have written a 2 para story on how they shot the Photo!!!
Old 21st October 2005, 10:29   #8
BHPian

This sucks man ,

This is one place where people open up and are honest about every thing. ONe should learn for other experience and certainly not this .

just Let me at him , and ill fix things once and for all .

This is for "Pulsarian", and since his location is chandigarh , this goes out in Punjabi to you ..

Banda ban Ja Kake , ae theek nahi hahi hage. Chup Chap mafi mang , te dubara na kari ... Samj gaya Hai ki nahi ???

PS :GTO please voice your concerns on mouth shut ALSO and get this guy barred from there as well and please wait till he gives you his explanation and then ban him from BHP ....
Old 21st October 2005, 10:41   #9
BHPian

Really sad

this is the worst any fellow member can do.....

pulsarian atleast mention that the reviews were written by some one else...

GTO...post about this on mouthshut.com....

and get that pulsarian outta here
Old 21st October 2005, 11:09   #10
GTO
Team-BHP Support

And this is what Pulsarian had to say when a Mouthshut member complimented him on his review skills:

Pulsarian says : "thnx man............i am reading auto mags for the last 6-7 years so maybe they have a lot of influence on my writing.
next time ill try to put it in simple language.
regards
karan

GTO
Old 21st October 2005, 11:11   #11
Team-BHP Support

Pulsarian,
If you're into this kind of activity at this age (19 years), what are you going to do when you start working for a living?

I could have pm'd you this note but decided to put it right here on the thread.

Whether we work on the premise that God gave us a brain or evolution helped us think, your action certainly places you way down in the food chain.

What is it ? Insecurity ? lack of breeding ? Kleptomania ? Or plain native stupidity ?

I refuse to believe you’re naive.

Before you start thinking this is a multiple choice question, allow me to say, actions like these dear fellow, can get you banned right now ! But I am not too sure that’ll change your attitude or your ugly habits.

What you don’t seem to understand is the simple fact that while knowledge is for sharing, you seem to be more in the parasite mould.

But as the rest of us know, even the one’s fallen to the depths of despair are given a chance to redeem themselves.

That is the fault of our breeding.

If you have the courage (??), put up an apology note for everyone to see. Accept your wrong action and promise not to do it again.
Old 21st October 2005, 12:01   #12
BHPian

Pulsarian, if you are reading this, trust me... u r CHEAP man... really cheap!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO
And this is what Pulsarian had to say when a Mouthshut member complimented him on his review skills:

Pulsarian says : "thnx man............i am reading auto mags for the last 6-7 years so maybe they have a lot of influence on my writing.
next time ill try to put it in simple language.
regards
karan

how ridiculous can one get ???

Here is where he could have atleast mentioned TBHP

GTO, I guess you should shoot a mail to Mouthshut.
Old 21st October 2005, 12:19   #13
BHPian

Copying reviews is bad enough, but i am more worried about the fabulous designs of stratos posted on this forum.
People like pulsarian needs to be banned as treachery is not a forgivable act.
Old 21st October 2005, 12:20   #14
BHPian

Scuderia, If he had any sense he would have mentioned it well before that complimnt itself!
Absolutely pathetic !
Old 21st October 2005, 12:20   #15
Senior - BHPian

This is so sick. It has really pissed me off . Pulsarian needs to be taught a lesson. If you are reading this dude stop showing off about something for which the credit goes to someone else. You owe Team BHP an apology big time .

The levels people can stoop down to these days sheesh... shame on you
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks