Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 21st October 2005, 16:13   #46
cnu
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aseem
I dont think banning him will solve this issue, since he can still access the site as a non registered user. I think the point we need to bring home with this chap (19 years of age) is that piracy/plaguerism is nothing but theft. And to copy it word to word without any modification and or value addition without qouting/crediting the author, is same as stealing. He is young and has a long way to go to learn these things. I am sure he is enjoying his short stint in fame by pasting our reviews, but that fame is short lived as such kind of malpractices dont take you far!
I second this. Banning doesn't help. Making him realize his mistake will.
Old 21st October 2005, 16:45   #47
BANNED

Hey GTO,

Sorry for the late posting my net connection went bust shaortly after 11.00am. It totally sucks man dont people have any shame or integrity. Anyways besides banning him is there not a way where you can make this forum accessible only to members and not non-members. For eg non members can have a free tour to limited areas and should be teased or coerced into signing up if they want full access. Maybe that could help for the future.

I dont know how practical that may be but its my 2 bits. And if you need any help in shwoing him stars and moons you can count on me. I think we need to invite him for a meet and then **** his happiness.

Let me know if I can help in any way.

Viper

Last edited by viper : 21st October 2005 at 16:46.
Old 21st October 2005, 16:50   #48
Senior - BHPian

I am truly disgusted!!!
What the hell does this guy think he's doing. We need to set up a meet and bang him.
Pulsarian if you have the *****...come out in the open and we'l settle this.

Drifter
Old 21st October 2005, 16:53   #49
BHPian

Cheetah Going Hunting

Guys i am off to Chandigarh for the M1 rally tommorow.
Does any one have any cordinates on this guy may be i could speak to him. and also show him how Bad the Bad Cheetah Can be !!!!!

I am serious , he should actually be taught a lesson that he will never forget and may this be a warning to all others who might be planning to do such kind of thing in the future or have done so in the past.

I guess we should start a thread , where if any member has done this kind of thing can come out in the open and ask people to pardon him for same.

But serious , if i find out who he is , i will surely talk to him ....
Old 21st October 2005, 17:10   #50
Senior - BHPian

I hope the guy hasn't copied any pics from here and credited himself for them!!

Last edited by Gordon : 21st October 2005 at 17:15.
Old 21st October 2005, 17:35   #51
Senior - BHPian

Pulsarian buddy (did i say buddy??!!) change that ...pusarian,...man u just suck!! please have the b***s to give credit to the guys who have penned it from their hearts and not just chorieed it from the forum. Beta, grow up and stop taking credit for other people's work. U R A LOOSER SIR!!
Old 21st October 2005, 18:00   #52
F50
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by viper
Hey GTO,

Anyways besides banning him is there not a way where you can make this forum accessible only to members and not non-members. For eg non members can have a free tour to limited areas and should be teased or coerced into signing up if they want full access. Maybe that could help for the future.

Viper
What is the use of keeping that free tour ... he can sign up, become member and then steal ....so its very easy ... We dont have paid membership so that he or for that matter of fact anyone will think twice before joining, its free.

And by beating him up nothing is going to happen .... infact our name will be spoilt ... that TBHP members did this, that ...
And, we got his first ever original article on Mouthshut.com straight from the hospital.
Im not supporting him ...he has done something wrong, he should pay.
Old 21st October 2005, 18:09   #53
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordon
I hope the guy hasn't copied any pics from here and credited himself for them!!
Your, middle of the picture, watermarks of Team-bhp on the pics wont let that happen.
Old 21st October 2005, 18:15   #54
F50
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stratos
Your, middle of the picture, watermarks of Team-bhp on the pics wont let that happen.
Yes I agree ...pics are safe but articles are not
Old 21st October 2005, 18:17   #55
Senior - BHPian

Guys, as much as I hate what this fool is taking credit for, lets try to find a way to work around this. There are probably a lot of people who have already mastered the art of "Ctrl C + Ctrl V" and a lot of content that belongs to the board is on a million other web pages none of us probably have the time to surf.

If he hasn't owned up already, I don't see him doing it anytime sooner. He is probably looking around for more content, right now.

Pulsarian, I have a lot more content that I could probably lend you. Simultaneously, I could Ctrl C + Ctrl V the bottom of my sneaker where it belongs too.
Old 21st October 2005, 18:17   #56
Senior - BHPian

guess some people are born loosers

just rubbish, utter & pure crap

Quote:
Originally Posted by drifter
What the hell does this guy think he's doing. We need to set up a meet and bang him.
aahh the "special meet"
count me in if it happens

Last edited by adya33 : 21st October 2005 at 18:30.
Old 21st October 2005, 18:29   #57
Senior - BHPian

Action taken by Mouthshut

Looks like Mouthshut has already taken action on the reviews mentioned by GTO and GChandra. No more they are available to the readers.

It's good on their quick action.

Also one suggestion, all the tbhp members should login in to mouthshut and put your distrust towards him in the site. Then the Mouthshut readers will know that the reviews are copied by him.

Last edited by satish_appasani : 21st October 2005 at 18:33.
Old 21st October 2005, 18:36   #58
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stratos
Most of the other pics posted by members are also safe because of the "middle of the picture, watermarks". But can't say, for all you know he'll say he's a member of Team-BHP and post the pics.
Old 21st October 2005, 18:37   #59
BANNED

Guys, I guess this is the rpice of popularity !! The more popular the site gets , more the morons that will stroll in and do things liek this .. sadly, there is nothing we can do to prevent this . Lets say the mods ban him, all he needs 2 do is sign up under a different nick , so that again will not help the situation . All I can say is that either he doesn't know what he's doing is wrong ( 19 yr old .. wat do u expect ) or he thought that in the big world of the internet no body would notice ... !!! Hats off for noticing it ..

All I can say is that we members will have to learn to live with this kind of problems/situations or either someone needs to come up with a full proof plan ( I doubt that ) ...

cheers
Old 21st October 2005, 18:39   #60
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badcheetah
Guys i am off to Chandigarh for the M1 rally tommorow.
Does any one have any cordinates on this guy may be i could speak to him. and also show him how Bad the Bad Cheetah Can be !!!!!

I am serious , he should actually be taught a lesson that he will never forget and may this be a warning to all others who might be planning to do such kind of thing in the future or have done so in the past.

I guess we should start a thread , where if any member has done this kind of thing can come out in the open and ask people to pardon him for same.

But serious , if i find out who he is , i will surely talk to him ....
Hey, I feel this will never work out ... hes a Chd dude and trying to bash him up not gonna work .. dont drop to his level !!!

Enjoy the rally ..

cheers
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks