Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th June 2016, 16:47   #8806
Senior - BHPian

Re: The Cricket Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by carboy View Post
Didn't know that. That's good, I guess. However, Tenvic also seems to be an agent for cricket players - won't that lead to a massive conflict of interest?
As per bcci that will be sorted out before he starts the job.

Also, I am extremely happy about Kumble being the coach. He is a no nonsense hard task master. I am a firm believer coaching should be done by someone who has been a great player himself because they know all the hardships on and off the field. Also, the big ego of our so called superstar will stay in check too.
Old 28th June 2016, 16:54   #8807
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by carboy View Post
Didn't know that. That's good, I guess. However, Tenvic also seems to be an agent for cricket players - won't that lead to a massive conflict of interest?
Coach doesn't have a say in team selection. Then how would that be conflict of interest? Even the current ODI & T20 captain owns player management company. I think Lodha report raised conflict of interest issue for BCCI office bearers. Players, coach are more like contractors.
Old 28th June 2016, 16:59   #8808
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by msdivy View Post
Coach doesn't have a say in team selection.
Coach and captain are invited to the selection committee meetings. They give their opinions before the selectors decide.

It's an obvious conflict of interest case.
Old 28th June 2016, 17:00   #8809
BHPian

Quote:
Coach doesn't have a say in team selection. Then how would that be conflict of interest? Even the current ODI & T20 captain owns player management company. I think Lodha report raised conflict of interest issue for BCCI office bearers. Players, coach are more like contractors.
I believe coach has a say like the skipper - its just that he cannot vote. It is potentially a big conflict of interest and I expect Kumble to move out of Tenvic. I also think Kumble should be given a decent run - say 3 years. Agree he has no coaching experience but don't think that really makes too much of a difference. However, it would have been nice if he did have it.
Old 28th June 2016, 17:12   #8810
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harry10 View Post
Also, the big ego of our so called superstar will stay in check too.
And who are you referring to here ?
I think we have a set of level headed young players in the team now who are also down to earth
Old 1st July 2016, 03:31   #8811
Senior - BHPian

http://www.espncricinfo.com/ci/conte...o/1031213.html

This is called good luck.

Quote:

Performance was more of less same during this period
Agree on this point. Since the players in the XI are the best in the country, a coach is a strategist and helps to eliminate a player's weakness.

Performance of the team depends mainly on the captain and the players in the XI. A coach can give advice and guidance, it is upto the players on how they take it and decide to improve their game.

A special mention on Kumble: He bowled very well outside Asia. Ashwin's test performances outside Asia hasn't been great. Kumble can provide him with vital tips on how to bowl outside Asia. Holding up one end is the key on the first 2 or 3 days of a test match.

Last edited by aah78 : 6th July 2016 at 18:03. Reason: Posts merged.
Old 5th July 2016, 16:52   #8812
Team-BHP Support

Don't worry about the coach, guys. Kumble is only a stop gap arrangement. The Wall is honing his skills with the junior teams and it is only a matter of time......
Old 6th July 2016, 10:04   #8813
Team-BHP Support

Sign of the times! This cannot be more explicit! Difference in bat sizes. Barry Richards Vs David Warner.

The Cricket Thread-227831.3.jpg

Source Cric Info:

http://www.espncricinfo.com/ci-icc/c...y/1032347.html
Old 6th July 2016, 10:12   #8814
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddy View Post
Don't worry about the coach, guys. Kumble is only a stop gap arrangement. The Wall is honing his skills with the junior teams and it is only a matter of time......

Couple of days ago, BCCI had a new format meeting with the Under-19 & India A coach (The Wall), chief selectors, captains and Chief Coach of the Indian Team (Jumbo). These kind of meetings seem like no-brainers but strangely this was a first of it's kind apparently. Just hope they work as a holistic team rather than different siloed teams.
Source:http://epaper.newindianexpress.com/8...2016#page/13/2
Old 16th July 2016, 13:26   #8815
Senior - BHPian

With Vince, Ballance and Bairstow struggling, who does England look towards for stability in the middle order?
Bell and Pietersen?

Can anyone answer how Cook scores so much considering he's so vulnerable outside the off sump? His test records are very impressive.
Old 19th July 2016, 13:22   #8816
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by landcruiser123 View Post
With Vince, Ballance and Bairstow struggling, who does England look towards for stability in the middle order?
Bell and Pietersen?
KP is out of question I guess. The chapter is closed for him.

If they bring this middle order to India, it will be a whitewash.
KP along with spinners were the difference when they won last series here.

Quote:
Can anyone answer how Cook scores so much considering he's so vulnerable outside the off sump? His test records are very impressive.
Lack of quality bowling and flat pitches at International level.
Look at the state of Australian pitches.

Last edited by C300 : 19th July 2016 at 13:24. Reason: formatting
Old 19th July 2016, 13:35   #8817
BHPian

Love them or hate them but you can't ignore them! Congratulations to the Pakistan cricket team for their superb victory at Lords. Once again it was proved that bowlers win matches.
Old 19th July 2016, 23:25   #8818
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by C300 View Post
KP along with spinners were the difference when they won last series here.
They maybe tempted to bring Panesar back?

Quote:
Originally Posted by tortoiseNhare View Post
Once again it was proved that bowlers win matches.
It was a great win in a relatively low scoring match. I think Misbah and Add Shafiq made the difference.
Old 19th July 2016, 23:37   #8819
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
They maybe tempted to bring Panesar back?
Monty's gone, perhaps forever. Last I read, he was in a mental rehab clinic battling mental illness.

I wonder why it is mostly English players that suffer from these mental problems - Trescothick, Trott, Panesar, Harmison et all.

Quote:
Bell and Pietersen?
Wasn't Bairstow among their top scorers in the last series against SL ? I think he is safe. Bell could be an option, depending on his domestic form but KP definitely isn't. Strauss is still the big boss, remember ?

Quote:
All openers are, to a certain extent. He has got good technique and the temperament to make big scores, so deserves all the success he has had.
However, it'll be interesting to see what'll happen to his form if England lose this one against Pakistan and then are drubbed in India

Last edited by Eddy : 19th July 2016 at 23:43.
Old 20th July 2016, 01:38   #8820
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddy View Post
Monty's gone, perhaps forever. Last I read, he was in a mental rehab clinic battling mental illness.
He's back playing FC cricket. He's even played in July.

Quote:
All openers are, to a certain extent. He has got good technique ---- temperament to make big scores, so deserves all the success he has had.
All openers are beaten outside off. That doesn't mean they're weak.
Cook seems so unsure outside his off stump. I've never seen him drive through the off side also. He has a noticeable weakness. His test average has dropped over the last few years.

But with regards to temperament, there are only a few batsmen who are/were better than Cook. He does work hard for his runs.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks