Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th February 2012, 23:00   #6631
anb
BHPian

Re: The Cricket Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by lloydofcochin View Post
I admire Dhoni was his calmness & superb batting in ODI's but as a captain I feel he is partial and not proactive and his recent actions & comments don't bode well for the team spirit.
Dhoni is always against Sachin. We saw that during sachin's double hundred innings against SA in ODIs. Last 2 years Sachin played only 7 ODIs excluding the world-cup matches. He is out of the ODI squad for a long time. This is his first ODI series after world cup. Dhoni is not allowing sachin to play ODI . Based on batting performance Raina and Rohit Sharma should retire, not Sachin Batting records | One-Day Internationals | Cricinfo Statsguru | ESPN Cricinfo
Old 26th February 2012, 08:30   #6632
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anb View Post
Dhoni is always against Sachin. We saw that during sachin's double hundred innings against SA in ODIs. Batting records | One-Day Internationals | Cricinfo Statsguru | ESPN Cricinfo
How? Team is greater than individual. If scoring quick and fast runs in the slog overs takes precedence over someone who is going to take singles in the slog overs to reach an individual milestone then i would rather wish Dhoni always goes against sachin
Old 26th February 2012, 10:48   #6633
BHPian

Saw how SL beat Australia? That's the way to play cricket. It seems as though team India is more concentrated on internal bickering than playing for the country. Absolutely pathetic.
Old 26th February 2012, 13:07   #6634
BHPian

India has done a good job in restricting Australia with the bat.Now have to wait and see how the Top 3 Sehwag, Gambhir and Tendulkar perform. One of them should get a biggie today as its overdue for a long time specially from Sehwag & Sachin.
Old 26th February 2012, 13:50   #6635
Senior - BHPian

The Aussies seem to be back to their vintage rowdyism in this match. First Hussey obstructs the field and then Lee obstructs Tendulkar's run. First one prevented a run out chance and second one resulted in a runout.
Old 26th February 2012, 13:58   #6636
Distinguished - BHPian

Has sehwag left his head here at home???
The way he chased the first ball....absurd to say the least.

And Sachin's wicket...Couldn't Sachin have dived?
The way he reacted to his dismissal was a clear sign of him being under pressure.

I hope that they come back home soon and start with the team revamp...Sehwag should be the first to go IMO.
Old 26th February 2012, 14:03   #6637
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hemanth.anand View Post
He was in no position to put in a dive because he had to change direction to avoid Lee, who had planted himself right in his path.
Old 26th February 2012, 14:15   #6638
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitoj View Post
who had planted himself right in his path.
Even though lee had no job in the location he was in, it was not intentional at all...The fact is that we are not playing well.
I didn't see the earlier appeal for blocking the ball, but we can't call this as rowdyism.
I was sad to see him go back, because he was looking very fluent till that time.
Whatever was the reason, I didn't see the effort by Sachin to get into the crease as was expected.
The commentators discussed for a while that Dravid in the same situation would've put more effort.
Who knows, if Sachin had pushed lee and lee would've fallen down, the ball might have hit lee instead of the wickets

Its just that effort, Sehwag is not working on batting for long, Sachin didn't put effort on this occasion. period.
Old 26th February 2012, 14:19   #6639
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitoj View Post
The Aussies seem to be back to their vintage rowdyism in this match. First Hussey obstructs the field and then Lee obstructs Tendulkar's run. First one prevented a run out chance and second one resulted in a runout.
Well I feel both the Australians didn't do it intentionally.
Hussey's act was more like a reflex action (he anyway would have made it to the crease)
Lee never saw Sachin during the act. Infact there wasn't a single or it was too tight for a run.
Old 26th February 2012, 14:25   #6640
Senior - BHPian

Well, doesnt matter now.
4 down and nowhere to go.
Old 26th February 2012, 14:28   #6641
BHPian

I still have a bit of hope till Dhoni & Raina are there. If any one of them get out the game is over for good. No use expecting Jadeja or Pathan to win this one. Dhoni & Raina have to take India home.
Old 26th February 2012, 15:48   #6642
PPS
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hemanth.anand View Post
How often have you seen Sachin dive to get into the crease? It happens very rarely. Even in the field he dives very reluctantly! Anyways even if Lee wasn't in his way he would have struggled to make it in. Credit should also be given to the fielder who effected the direct hit. Sachin instead of avoiding Lee should have just run into him. I can already sense the media making a big deal out of this.
Old 26th February 2012, 16:08   #6643
Team-BHP Support

Congratulations Indian Cricket Team for losing again, and graciously donating bonus points to our competitors. Very sweet of you guys!
Old 26th February 2012, 16:35   #6644
Distinguished - BHPian

I think we should reverse the batting order, ashvin, pathan are playing more comfortable than the top order.

OT: Lets hope Indian hockey team makes it to the Olympics today.
Edit: India Vs France, Ten Sports - 8:00 PM

Last edited by arun_josie : 26th February 2012 at 16:37.
Old 26th February 2012, 21:09   #6645
BHPian

I believe the dressing room is in utter turmoil and this is being reflected in the performances. It makes me wonder how a very good team has all of a sudden fallen on its head.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks